Diskussion om kriget i Ukraina, med deltagare - Discussion on war in Ukraine, with participant

Tänään olen kievossa. otanko huomenna sanomalehdestä kuvan ja kirjoitan maanpuolustus.net

Vai haluatko junalipusta kuvan mikä on tältäpäivältä millä tänne tulin.

Tuossa on kuva vanhasta lentolipusta ja paikallillisesta rahasta.

Liitteet

• 1430429226972-460023546.jpg
    1430429226972-460023546.jpg
    519 KB · Luettu: 56

That is much better! It wasn`t so hard after all, was it?

:)

Now You can educate us from gun shot wounds in the batllefield.

saatana. Mitä touhua, se että ystävällisesti ilmottauduin että voin vastata joihinkin kysymyksiin. En käsittääkseni tarkoittanut pahalla.

Azovi on virallisesti ainoa joukko mihin otetaan ulkomaalaisia mutta se ei ole ainoa missä niitä on. Tässä porukassa missä itse olen ollut olen ainoa ulkomaalainen

The biggest problem here is the medicine is the fact that the initial stage of the war here is not many people even knew nothing about the medication . nothing. at the moment the situation is better but the medical equipment was needed more , much more . here the a hospital can take your life . they are sometimes terrible . if somebody come here please take your own first-aid equipment according to . including needles , etc. basic supplies
Most of the injuries is made by artillery .

The biggest problem here is the medicine is the fact that the initial stage of the war here is not many people even knew nothing about the medication . nothing. at the moment the situation is better but the medical equipment was needed more , much more . here the a hospital can take your life . they are sometimes terrible . if somebody come here please take your own first-aid equipment according to . including needles , etc. basic supplies
Most of the injuries is made by artillery .

Interesting! What more can you say about your time there, in general? Been there for a long time?

Agreed on that. Most of the time our medical equipment was actually very good - mainly thanks to our estonian friends in Vaba Ukraina. But I guess we were lucky, Ive seen those Soviet medkits a cuple of time and even though Im far from an expert when it comes to stuff like that, it was quite clear that it wasnt really going to save any lifes..

Yea, artillery is as always the big killer (or incapacitater). Except mines, accidents and stuff like that, I think during our actual battles we only had a few casualties from small arms fire, and I only saw one up close. Just about everything was caused by the big guns..

saatana. Mitä touhua, se että ystävällisesti ilmottauduin että voin vastata joihinkin kysymyksiin. En käsittääkseni tarkoittanut pahalla.

Älä pahastu, täällä vaan otetaan OPSEC-asiat vakavasti. :) Trolliongelmiakin on ollut joten ollaan epäluuloisia Ukraina-asioissa etenkin.

Mahtava homma että olet siellä jeesaamassa ukrainalaisia.

Elikkä median mukaan yksi suomalaisista joka taisteli Azovissa olisi haavoittunut jalkaan sirpaleesta Shirokinossa joitain viikkoja sitten. Onko kellään mitään tietoa Suomalaisista jotka käy separatistien puolella?

Tänään olen kievossa. otanko huomenna sanomalehdestä kuvan ja kirjoitan maanpuolustus.net

Vai haluatko junalipusta kuvan mikä on tältäpäivältä millä tänne tulin.

Tuossa on kuva vanhasta lentolipusta ja paikallillisesta rahasta.
:) Ota mielellään lisää kuvia ulkona.

Yea, artillery is as always the big killer (or incapacitater). Except mines, accidents and stuff like that, I think during our actual battles we only had a few casualties from small arms fire, and I only saw one up close. Just about everything was caused by the big guns..

I think considering acquisitions, the all-important role of artillery in Ukraine should be taken into account in Finland too.

Probably the much shorter lines of sight and endless possibilities of ambushes with small arms alter the balance here more than a little, but still artillery must be today even more important than earlier. Modern self-propelled artillery (and modernization programs which enable the towed artillery to be dispersed effectively) should be very high on the priority list as a strategic asset, right at the level of new fighter planes and Navy vessels.

Hi CL!

Just one small question about that "stuff". How common is use of IED`s there, in and between battlezones? Seen any of those?

It depends on what you would call IED. Is the term only reserved for your typical taliban daisy-chained 155mm artilleryrounds, or also simply when you convert a handgrenade into an AP-mine as well? If the latter, lets just say that the smaller they get - the more common they become. Peoples imagination really peaks during wartime.

But in short, IED are probably not as common as in Afghanistan and places like that, but they do exist in different forms and shapes.

It depends on what you would call IED. Is the term only reserved for your typical taliban daisy-chained 155mm artilleryrounds, or also simply when you convert a handgrenade into an AP-mine as well? If the latter, lets just say that the smaller they get - the more common they become. Peoples imagination really peaks during wartime.

But in short, IED are probably not as common as in Afghanistan and places like that, but they do exist in different forms and shapes.

It can be considered as an IED at least in terms of EOD work. Meaning that they are dangerous to handle as you never know what the person who made the device was thinking.

But anyway: It sounds like those IEDs are spontaneously made by the frontline troops with whatever they have at hand?

Imrovised Explosive Device. AFAIK there is no size limitation for the term. Were IED:s used much in the Anti-Tank role? Like for a example one can have an AT-mine attached with explosive cord to a larger charge in the estimated direction of approach.
Also how did the enemy breach holes into minefields? Rocket bangalores followed by tanks with dozer blades?

But anyway: It sounds like those IEDs are spontaneously made by the frontline troops with whatever they have at hand?

In my experience yes. Heres a pair of.. well, I guess you could them IEDs? At least they are spontaneously made..

11143159_828974217155666_508401223271436461_n (1).jpg 11149464_828974227155665_8052304856813294044_n.jpg

Imrovised Explosive Device. AFAIK there is no size limitation for the term. Were IED:s used much in the Anti-Tank role? Like for a example one can have an AT-mine attached with explosive cord to a larger charge in the estimated direction of approach.
Also how did the enemy breach holes into minefields? Rocket bangalores followed by tanks with dozer blades?

I now of at least one instance when a russian T-72 got fucked with an artilleryshell turned AT-mine, but thats the only time I myself know of. A fair guess though is thats not the only time its happened during the war.

I havent seen them clearing any minefields, nor heard of them doing it. Many roads arent mined since for some reason, there are still many civilians in area. You even have civilians going by car from one side of the front to the other for work everyday (Dont ask. I dont understand how its possible either.), so many roads and areas simply cannot be mined by the Ukrainians.

When the russians attack, from my experience, the just go. If they hit a mine, they try a different rute. Thats kind of it.

In my experience yes. Heres a pair of.. well, I guess you could them IEDs? At least they are spontaneously made..

Katso liite: 4233 Katso liite: 4234

Hand grenade firing mechanism attached to something that looks like a 30mm grenade, right?
I can't tell what that other one is. That could pass as a real purpose made munition to me.

But yeah. Those do count as IEDs for sure. I take that you guys aren't making any maps about mine fields considering the level of secrecy going on around there? This is not good ofcource but understandable under the circumstances.

Hand grenade firing mechanism attached to something that looks like a 30mm grenade, right?
I can't tell what that other one is. That could pass as a real purpose made munition to me.

But yeah. Those do count as IEDs for sure. I take that you guys aren't making any maps about mine fields considering the level of secrecy going on around there? This is not good ofcource but understandable under the circumstances.

Close enough. The one on the left is from a caseless VOG-25 grenade, the standard ammunition for the russian underbarrel grenadelauncher in 40mm. The other one is a similair contraption from a 30 mm grenade from an AGS launcher, detonator and case removed. The theory on the 30 mm one was to get a grenade with a more even shrapnel-pattern than your average F1, but Im not sure wether it worked out or not.

One thing striking me as funny is how most of us Finns commenting in this thread base their questions on the sometimes even quite high level of sophistication in tactics and professinalism instilled in them in training and stretch to assumptions about the skills present on both sides of the conflict, especially on the Russian side. When one gets better acquainted with the day-to-day running of the Russian Machine, the first thing to fade away are the expectations about trained professionals! Slavic mentality is alive and well and most often than not the Russians tend to do something without giving it much real, analytic thought. This is not to say that one should not respect the Russians as adversaries, but rather to stop thinking of them as something higher than oneself in military terms.

what the general situation in your view, it is now . ? I mean the more internal situation . For example, right -sector base in an attempt to disarm . Government wants power away from volunteers

One thing striking me as funny is how most of us Finns commenting in this thread base their questions on the sometimes even quite high level of sophistication in tactics and professinalism instilled in them in training and stretch to assumptions about the skills present on both sides of the conflict, especially on the Russian side. When one gets better acquainted with the day-to-day running of the Russian Machine, the first thing to fade away are the expectations about trained professionals! Slavic mentality is alive and well and most often than not the Russians tend to do something without giving it much real, analytic thought. This is not to say that one should not respect the Russians as adversaries, but rather to stop thinking of them as something higher than oneself in military terms.

Well, prepare for the worst and everything less should be easy to handle.

Back