F-35 Lightning II

Miksi selittelette nyt sitä kokonaisuutta parhain päin ettekä tarkastele esim. mainitsemaani 11:sta 9:ään siirtymää?

Sillä rahalla saisi huimasti esim. lentokoneita ja Yhdysvalloilla ei ole erityisen iso pula noista ulkomaan tukikohdista.
Esim. 22 Aegista on jo elinkaarensa loppusuoralla. Mistä hynät uusimiseen?
Littoralia lisätään. Kuinka paljon on varaa kun tukialuslaivueet vie rahat?

Omaan silmääni näyttää, että tarvitsisivat enmmän esim. noita BALTOPSissa nähtyjä San Antonio -luokan LPD:eitä. Erittäin monipuolista toimintakykyä pienellä rahalla.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Miksi selittelette nyt sitä kokonaisuutta parhain päin ettekä tarkastele esim. mainitsemaani 11:sta 9:ään siirtymää?

Mitäs jos menisit ja Googlettaisit tai kokeilisit vaikka USN sivuja? Niin meidän ei tarvitsisi selitellä toisten toimia.

Mutta vaikka on off-topic, niin...

Lueppa nyt ensin esim US Naval War Collegen selitys sivulta 25 eteenpäin:

https://www.usnwc.edu/Academics/Mar...P-1-Naval-Warfare-(Mar-2010)_Chapters2-3.aspx

Ehken alkaa valjeta MIKSI USN harrastaa lentotukialuksia ja LHA/LPD aluksia.

Tämäkin voi auttaa:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirSea_Battle

Ei nuo auta juuri siihen lukumääräpohdintaan.
Kyllä minä tiedän miksi sitä harrastetaan. Arvuuttelin vain, miksi sitä harrastetaan nykyisessä laajuudessa kun tarpeita on muuallakin.

@magitsu Voit esim. USN:n sivuilla vapaasti kertoa heille, että sinusta heidän tulisi siirtyä pois tukialuksista. :D

Ei nuo auta juuri siihen lukumääräpohdintaan.
Kyllä minä tiedän miksi sitä harrastetaan. Arvuuttelin vain, miksi sitä harrastetaan nykyisessä laajuudessa kun tarpeita on muuallakin.

Koska aika selkeästi ovat mitoittaneet tarpeen siihen lukuun mikä heillä on. Tuskinpa tukialuksia olisi rakenteilla, jos asiaa ei olisi mietitty.

Vaikea uskoa ottaen huomioon, että tuo doktriini on Tyynimeripainotteinen ja viime aikoina on ilmennyt melkoisesti eurooppalaista tarvetta. Johon tukialukset vastaa huonosti vrt. littoral-toiminta.

Vaikea uskoa ottaen huomioon, että tuo doktriini on Tyynimeripainotteinen ja viime aikoina on ilmennyt melkoisesti eurooppalaista tarvetta.

Mene kertomaan se niille.

En varmaan yritä Mp.netin kautta puhutella yhdysvaltalaisia. Meitä pitäisi kiinnostaa kyllä mitkä on herrojen edellytykset osallistua esim. Itämeren alueen toimintaan jatkossa.

En varmaan yritä Mp.netin kautta puhutella yhdysvaltalaisia.

Täältä tuskin F-35-ketjussa löytyy asiantuntijoita siihen, miksi USA:lla on niin monta tukialusta. Jos menisit kysymään niiltä, ihan tosissaan. Muistaakseni USN:n sivuilla saa kysellä kaikenlaista.

Sweetmanin Bilin "Advanced EOTS" ei tietenkään oikeasti ole mikään kehittyneempi versio tuosta järjestelmästä, vaan niiden suunniteltujen ominaisuuksien ottamista käyttöön vaiheittaisesti, tässä vanha kuva:

F-35BlockUpgrades.jpg

Tuossa siis Block 4 ja 5 tasoilla on EOTS:in ominaisuuksista mm. IRST, Ulkoinen IR pointteri, Videostriimaus datalinkin yli vaikka maajoukoille. Nuo ovat IRST:tä lukuunottamatta ominaisuuksia joita löytyy jo nykyisistä podeista, mutta niiden käyttöönotto vaati integrointia ja ohjelmistokehitystä, esimerkiksi tuo videostriimaushan täytyy kiertää EOTS:ilta koneen järjestelmien kautta tiedonsiirtomokkuloille ja datalinkin kautta ulospäin. Nämä kaikki kehitystyöt on tarkoitettu tapahtumaan vaiheittaisesti jo ihan alunperinkin. Niinkuin ihan kaikissa muissakin koneissa.

Onko tuossa EOTS:n ominaisuuksien vaiheittaisessa kehityskaaressa suunniteltu tehtävän muuta työtä kuin koodin kutomista? Muilla osa-alueilla ainakin on. Kuva on vanha kuten tekstissä todetaan. Missä mennään nyt ja miltä uusi kuva mahtaisi näyttää? Ohjelma on jäljessä alkuperäisestä aikataulusta, joten tilannepäivitys olisi varmaan paikallaan.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...s-top-usaf-wish-list-for-f-35-block-4-413070/
Softalta kuulostaa pitkälti.

USAFin toiveet siis Block 4:n osalta
*Wide-area high-resolution synthetic aperture radar (SAR) mode eli Big SAR
*Advanced capability on the EOTS is one we’re working hard on

http://aviationweek.com/paris-air-show-2015/back-basics-f-35
Tässä mainitaan: "Advanced EOTS is being designed with sharper, multi-spectral sensors and new processors. It should cut into production in Block 4"

Se EOTS:han on lähtökohtaisesti integroitu LM:n Sniper XR -podi, joten jos vastaavien kehitystä seuraa voi löytyä vihjeitä myös F-35:n tilanteeseen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper_Advanced_Targeting_Pod

Israelin Rafael on suunnitellut Northrop Grummanin kanssa kehittämäänsä LITENING-podia F-35:een. Meillä on Hornetissa LITENING AT.
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ening-adaptation-for-stealth-aircraft-388591/

Viimeksi muokattu:
Tässä jutussa oli mukavasti sisältöä hävittäjälentäjältä, joka on lentänyt mm. F-15, F-5, F-16 ja MiG-29:aa. http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/how-to-win-in-a-dogfight-stories-from-a-pilot-who-flew-1682723379

Mitä tämä kysymys mahtoi tarkoittaa? Oliko se kritiikkiä, että eivät harjoittele "tulevaisuuden koneita" vastaan?
How will threat replication that is based around the F-16 alone cope with things like low-observability, super maneuverability and Infrared search and track systems in the future?

You can't unless you start turning F-22s and F-35s into aggressor aircraft. That ain't happening.

Meillä Horneteihin MLU1 myötä lisätystä HOBS-kyvystä (F-22:seen tuli just 9X, muttei JHMCS-kypärää)
Has the AIM-9X and JHMCS, along with all the other helmet mounted sights and high-off-bore-sight missiles, changed the reality of within visual range air-to-air combat?

HOBS missiles, as I've already stated, bring a whole new facet to the WVR fight and make the arena more lethal. HOBS versus HOBS? Who can get to launch parameters first? Better countermeasures and missile counter-countermeasures are also definite players.

F-22:n ja Flankerin thrust vectoringista:
First, a little thrust vectoring history. The USAF tested a 3D nozzle on the Multi-Axis Thrust Vectored F-16 in the early 1990s. It was found that thrust vectoring was really only useful at speeds below 250 knots (with the F-16; the speed will vary with other jets). Above that speed the jet had enough g available and was maneuverable enough that thrust vectoring didn't add anything. Also, at high speeds, if the nozzles start to swing the jet violently around you're apt to induce unacceptable loads on the airframe.

Thrust vectoring, whether 2D or 3D, is a two-edged sword. If you're going to use it, you'd better kill me now. Ever seen videos of the Super Flanker spinning around like a top and doing back flips at an airshow? First off, the jet is slow – not a place to be in a multi-bogey environment. Second, when thrust is steered off-axis the axial component of thrust is decreased. Axial thrust pushes the jet (and wing) through the air at a speed required to maintain lift. Take away forward thrust, take away speed and lift. Go back to the videos. What's happening? The Flanker is dropping like a rock at slow speed (no lift is being produced by the wing). If the Flanker pilot does not kill me now, the other edge of the sword is about to fall. He's automatically building in vertical turning room for me and it's going to take an unacceptable amount of time for him to get enough smash back to take it away due to his low airspeed. If I'm still alive I'm turning him into a strafe rag.

I flew enough BFM against the Raptor before I retired where the new Raptor pilots were discovering there's a time for thrust vectoring and there's a time to leave that club in the bag.

If you had a wish list of three things that you think the USAF fighter community needs more than anything else, and currently do not have, what would it be?

Number 1: AESA radar for the F-16. A force multiplier.

Number 2: Better offensive jamming and better defensive systems.

Number 3: More DACT (dissimilar air combat training—flying against different types of fighters than the one you fly). There are students who show up as Weapons School students who have never done a 4 versus 4 DACT mission. I was doing them as an F-15 student at Luke. I could write a short thesis on this subject.

#3 toteutuu meillä hyvin esim. Arctic Challengen myötä.
#2 on huomion arvoinen, mitä on käsitelty Growler vs. F-35 EW-kyvyt -pohdinnoissa

F-35:sta.
Being an adherent to the saying that a wise man acknowledges his mistakes and a fool defends his; I was probably a little harsh on my assessment of the F-35. But those opinions were formed through my exposure to things going on at Nellis. Did I bite off on chaff? I will stand by my comment that the three variants and the required commonality between the three results in performance penalties, especially for the A and the C models.

After discussions with an old engineer friend of mine, who was also one of John Boyd's guys, the F-35 actually has a higher fuel fraction than the F-22 and, therefore, potentially better range. I also talked to someone who recently checked out in the Lightning II and his description of fuel burn rips holes in my previous opinion. Scratch that off the list.

The new F-35 pilot was also impressed with acceleration in a certain subsonic speed regime. So I'll concede that. The F-35 will never have the raw dogfighting potential of the F-16, but the different customers bought off on that. Not a requirement? I always figured it was better to have something and not need it than to need something and not have it. A former HH-60 pilot and coworker of mine always jests about fighters not really needing guns. The previous statement is my normal comeback.

Regardless, the fighter pilots that fly and will fly the F-35 could take any airplane they get and figure how to be lethal with it and dominate any enemy. Of than I'm certain.

So, in the end, the Lightning II is not such a pig after all. It has great avionics and will do fine. The program has still cost too much and has been poorly managed by the DoD and Lockheed/Martin. But that's another story.

Would I still rather fly the Raptor? You bet. I guess in the end you got to dance with what brung ya. In my case, back to the beginning with two tails and two engines. The Raptors do mostly air-to-air (as far as I know); and for that mission, mission planning isn't much more than filling out a line-up card. At my age now, that's all the attention span I've got.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Kahdesta magitsun postaamasta F-35 -linkistä poimittua ja kokoon harsittua. Linkit ovat kaksi ensimmäistä magitsun yläpuolelle postaaman ensimmäsen viestin linkkiä. (#2262)

F-35
- Päivitykset (Block X) tehdään koneen hankkineille yhtäaikaisesti, jotta "lajikirjo" ei kasva, suurin hankkija sanelee käytännössä päivitystahdin. (Puolensa tässäkin, etenkin kun konetta vasta kehitellään, mutta myös kritiikkiä on esitetty.)
"This one-size-fits-all approach will in theory be the result of consensus among the customer community, but in practice will be dominated by the U.S., which will be signing the biggest single check. It presents a dilemma: how can you put as many upgrades and improvements on the schedule as possible to meet today’s national desires, while leaving capacity to change plans as new technologies and threats emerge?"

- Block 3 pitäisi olla tulossa palveluskäyttöön alkaen 2016.
- Block 3F päivitys tuo koneeseen täyden taistelukyvyn (ajankohtaa ei kerrottu).
- Block 4 (A- ) tulossa n.2020 - 2027.
- SAR viivästyy ainakin Block 4:ään.

- EOTS kehitysversion parissa tehdään tehdään kovasti töitä SAR:n viivästymisen vuoksi. (Prosessoripuolella tulee käyttöön myös uutta, joten ei ole pelkkää softaa?)
"Another delicate balance concerns the timing of improvements. In Wednesday’s ShowNews (p. 46), I wrote about the rapidly improving technology of electro-optical targeting, including hyperspectral systems that fuse midwave infrared (IR), shortwave IR and color video to give the pilot the best available picture. All of this has appeared since the F-35 was designed, so its current midwave-IR-only electro-optical targeting system (EOTS) looks a little dated, and will be even more so when the JSF is ready for export customers.

This issue has been recognized, and an Advanced EOTS is being designed with sharper, multi-spectral sensors and new processors. It should cut into production in Block 4, and according to Lockheed Martin is a top priority for many users. But this does not necessarily help to sell a lot of Block 3 aircraft: if Block 4 is going to include such a significant improvement, why not stretch out the lives of your existing fighters and delay F-35 deliveries?"

- Sensorifuusion toiminnassa olevia ongelmia ei ole vielä ratkaistu, mutta jonkin verran edistystä on tapahtunut.
- A-A -kyvyn parantaminen on erityisen tärkeää, sillä F-22 - hävittäjiä on liian vähän (180 käytössä/750 alun perin suunniteltu).
- Aseistuksessa SDB 2 ja kehittyneet ohjukset (AIM-120C:tä uudemmat) ovat jatkossa prioriteettina integrointilistalla.
---
Hajatietoa artikkeleista (OT), mutta laitetaan tänne:
- Israelilaisen I-Derby ER -ilmataisteluohjuksen rakentaminen vanhan version kuoren sisälle on ilmeisesti onnistunut suhteellisen vaivattomasti: "halpa, nopea ja helppo integroida". Ohjuksen ulkomitat eivät muuttuneet päivityksessä.
- Meteorin integrointi Rafaleen on käynnissä (Rafalen päivitykset ovat pysyneet suunnitellussa aikataulussa).
- Saab on osoittanut kykyä integroida aseita ja järjestelmiä (myös amerikkalaisia, kuten SDB) nopeammin ja halvemmalla kuin kilpailijat.
- Eurofighterin kehittäjämaat ovat havahtuneet jahkailun jälkeen rahoittamaan aseistuksen ja järjestelmien integrointia ja päivittämistä.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Mitä tämä kysymys mahtoi tarkoittaa? Oliko se kritiikkiä, että eivät harjoittele "tulevaisuuden koneita" vastaan?

Varmasti joo. Tulevaisuudessa agressorienkin koneiden täytyy olla kehittyneempiä. Mutta myös omien harjoituskoneiden täytyy olla enemmän moderneja hävittäjiä muistuttavia.

Lainaus Combat Aircraft Monthly lehdestä:

The T-38 has been a stalwart trainer and has been extensively upgraded with partial glass cockpit to help it keep relevant on the F-15, F-16 era. The era of the F-22 and F-35 on the other hand is not proving quite so forgiving.

AETC [air education and training command] can no longer teach ACM (air combat maneuvering) in the T-38 because it is so different compared to the cutting edge fighters on the front line.

The T-X Requirements:
3 significant performance characteristics stand out over 100 points in the requirement. A minumum sustained turn rate of 6.5Gs....with an aspiration to hit 7.5Gs.

As the requirements were set out, it was clear that the G threshold set by the USAF would be challenging for the M-346.

Eli T-38 koneilla ei enää pystytä kouluttamaan kunnolla F-22 ja F-35 kalustolle, ja uusille T-X harjoitushävittäjäohjelman kone-ehdokkaille nuo USAF:n vaatimukset ovat kovia. Ainakin alunperin tarkoituksena oli saada sellainen uusi harjoituskone jota pystyttäisiin käyttämään myös harjoitusvastustajaroolissa.

F-35:n kehitysblokit on kuvattu täällä hyvin:

https://www.f35.com/about/life-cycle/software

• Block 1A/1B – Block 1 comprises 78 percent of the more than 8.3 million source lines of code required for the F-35’s full warfighting capability. Block 1A was the ready for training configuration while Block 1B provided initial multi-level security.
  • Block 2A – Block 2A is currently released to the F-35 fleet. It provides enhanced training including functionality for off-board fusion, initial data links, electronic attack and mission debrief. With Block 2A, nearly 86 percent of the required code for full warfighting capability is flying.
  • Block 2B – Block 2B provides initial warfighting capabilities, including but not limited to expanded data links, multi-ship fusion and initial live weapons. The U.S. Marines will declare IOC with Block 2B. With Block 2B, more than 87 percent of the required code for full warfighting capability is flying.
  • Block 3i – Block 3i provides the same tactical capabilities as Block 2B. The principal difference between 2B and 3i is the implementation of new hardware, specifically the updated Integrated Core Processor. The Air Force will declare IOC with Block 3i. With Block 3i, 89 percent of code required for full warfighting capability is flying.
  • Block 3F – Block 3F provides 100 percent of the software required for full warfighting capability, including but not limited to data link imagery, full weapons and embedded training. Mission Systems Block 3F software development is 98 percent complete.
Ilmavoimien F-35 IOC on vuonna 2016 Block 3i softalla, Laivaston IOC vuonna 2017 Block 3F softalla. Siitä eteenpäin Blokkien sisältöä ei ole vielä sovittu vaan sitä pohditaan paraikaa, nuo olisi kai sitten Blokit 4.1 - 4.4 vuosien 2019 ja 2025 välillä.

http://aviationweek.com/paris-air-show-2015/lockheed-pentagon-revive-f-35-block-buy-proposal

Tuossa jotain mitä USMC:n IOC;n julistamiseen tarvitaan ja softa-aikatauluista:
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...o-deliver-final-four-ioc-f-35bs-by-30-413814/

Once everything is in place, an independent team will come in and assess the squadron’s readiness and report back to deputy commandant for Marine Corps aviation, Lt Gen Jon Davis.

If Davis is satisfied that the squadron has the manpower, equipment and spare parts in place, he will inform the Marine commandant and IOC will be declared.

The decision will come 14 years after the start of F-35 development. Asked if after all those years the US and its allies are receiving a superior weapon to what’s on the battlefield today, Martin said she has "no doubt".

“The customers we support who have all the information they need to have to have comfort in that, they have no doubt,” she adds. She says since the initial design, the aircraft has received new processors and the latest parts.

She is also wholly committed to delivering every capability that was promised for Block 3F, which is currently in integration and testing. That statement comes despite talk of weapons and capabilities “slipping” from Block 3F to Block 4 – a configuration that is being defined right now and will be delivered in increments from about 2019 through to 2025.

“None are slipping out of 3F,” she says. “We’re doing them all. We’re now in full integration and test, we’re not building [Block 3F] software anymore.”

Lockheed notes that despite reports, since the re-baslining the programme has not slipped schedule or cost. Martin says she is adamant that the F-35 can hit all its major targets going forward, including US Air Force IOC in 2016.

She says as development wraps up by 2017 and squadrons go operational, attention on the programme will turn to actually employing the weapon system as well as establishing tactics and new concepts of operation.

http://www.standard.net/Military/20...F-35-sees-functional-test-flight-at-Hill.html

"Completing the modifications on time required the maintainers to overcome numerous challenges, said Brig. Gen. Carl Buhler, Ogden Air Logistics Center commander. They removed sections of the aircraft that many thought would never be removed, they strengthened wing ribs, and worked in areas that required rare “micro-tolerances.” "

Koska B-malli on keskeneräinen ja mm. rungossa on ratkaisemattomia ongelmia, jo valmistuneet koneet uudelleen rakennetaan huollossa.

Back