Uutisia Venäjältä

Selvä iskiashan tuo on kun ei pysy jaloillaan. Junckerhan olisi monta kertaa kaatunut ellei kanssapoliitikot olisi ollut tukemassa.

Google Mapsin mielestä Krimin niemimaa kuuluu Venäjälle: https://www.google.com/maps/@45.5404448,36.5138555,7.4z

Krimin ja Ukrainan välissä on rajaviiva, mutta Krimin ja Venäjän välissä ei.
Ei kai ihan niinkään. Tuo johtunee siitä, että Googlen kartoissa ei ole tapana esittää valtioiden rajoja merialueilla. Esim. Ruotsin ja Tanskan, Venäjän ja USA:n tai Intian ja Sri Lankan väliin ei ole merkitty rajaviivaa. Jos Krim olisi selvästi irrallinen saari, ei siinä lienisi rajaviivaa "manner-Ukrainan" ja Kriminkään välissä.

Google Mapsin mielestä Krimin niemimaa kuuluu Venäjälle: https://www.google.com/maps/@45.5404448,36.5138555,7.4z

Krimin ja Ukrainan välissä on rajaviiva, mutta Krimin ja Venäjän välissä ei.
Ei kai ihan niinkään. Tuo johtunee siitä, että Googlen kartoissa ei ole tapana esittää valtioiden rajoja merialueilla. Esim. Ruotsin ja Tanskan, Venäjän ja USA:n tai Intian ja Sri Lankan väliin ei ole merkitty rajaviivaa. Jos Krim olisi selvästi irrallinen saari, ei siinä lienisi rajaviivaa "manner-Ukrainan" ja Kriminkään välissä.

@Mortti oikeassa. Krimhän (pl Sevastopol ja sen ympäristö) on Ukrainaan kuuluva autonominen tasavalta, hieman niinkuin Ahvenanmaa osana Suomea. Tästä syystä katkoviivaraja googlemapsissa (vrt. yhtenäinen rajaviiva eri valtioiden välillä). Valtaa normaalitilanteessa käyttää alueparlamentti ja pääministeri, jonka nimittää Ukrainan parlamentti Presidentin hyväksynnällä.

Ihan samaa itsekin ihmettelin joskus taannoin tosin, ennenkuin selvittelin asian itselleni.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Kyse lienee kuitenkin Venäjän pohjoisrannikolla pitkin kulkevasta reitistä. Beringinsalmessa on näköetäisyydellä Yhdysvallat joten siitä voinee lipsahtaa läpi kuten ennenkin. Muistaakseni siinä on jopa nykyään jonkinlainen yhteistyössä luotu reitinjakojärjestelmä merenkulun turvallisuutta lisäämässä.

Edit: tai ainakin tulossa on:

https://www.arctictoday.com/marine-...-us-russia-plan-bering-strait-shipping-lanes/

Koillisväylä taitaa alkaa jostain Wrangelinsaaren nurkilta, jonne meidänkin ohjeistettiin odottamaan murtajaa viimeksi kun tulin yläkautta kotia.

Google Mapsin ohjeissa on selostettu rajojen merkinnät. Katkoviiva kuvaa kiistanalaista rajaa. Merkintää on käytetty Krimin lisäksi ainakin Kosovossa, Abhasiassa, Etelä-Ossetiassa, Kyproksella, Golanilla, Länsirannalla ja Gazassa.

"Kiistanalaiset rajat on merkitty karttaan harmaalla katkoviivalla. Tällaisissa tapauksissa valtioilla, joita kiistanalainen raja koskee, on erimielisyyksiä rajasta."

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3145721?hl=fi

Verkkouutiset
Näin Venäjä sensuroi internetiä
AINO SALMI | 09.03.2019 | 15:09- päivitetty 09.03.2019 | 15:15

Lakiehdotusten tarkoituksena on estää ’valeuutisten’ levittäminen.
Venäjän duuma hyväksyi tällä viikolla lakiesityksen, joka tekee valeuutisten levittämisestä rangaistavaa. Samalla kielletään myös Venäjän hallitusta, symboleja ja yhteiskuntaa kohtaan epäkunnioittavan materiaalin jakaminen. Asiasta uutisoi Radio Free Europe.

Presidentti Vladimir Putinin allekirjoitusta odottavat lakiesitykset ovat kriitikkojen mukaan vain osa suurempaa kampanjaa, jolla Kremlin pyrkii rajoittamaan sananvapautta internetissä. Toisen vireillä olevan lakiesityksen mukaan venäläisen verkkoliikenteen pitäisi jatkossa kulkea valtion valvontapisteiden kautta. Käyttöä valvottaisiin myös verkkotunnusjärjestelmän avulla.

– Tämä on hyvin vakavaa. Olemme kulkemassa kohti Venäjän eristämistä kokonaisuudessaan muusta internetistä, kommentoi venäläinen turvallisuusanalyytikko Andrei Soldatov.

Venäjä on myös rajoittanut pikaviestipalveluiden käyttöä. Huhtikuussa 2018 Venäjä esti suositun Telegram-palvelun, kun viestintäsovellus kieltäytyi noudattamasta Venäjän tuomioistuimen käskyä antaa sen tietoturvapalveluille pääsy käyttäjien salattuihin viesteihin.

Venäjän onkin ennustettu seuraavan Kiinan jalanjäljissä internetin valvonnassa ja rajoittamisessa.

Venäjän uudet lakiehdotukset valeuutisten levittämisestä eivät arvioiden mukaan tule sattumalta samaan aikaan, kun Venäjä on saanut syytteitä väärän tiedon levittämisestä Internetissä. Twitter julkisti tammikuussa sulkeneensa 418 tiliä, joiden epäiltiin levittäneen valheellista informaatiota Yhdysvaltain presidentinvaaleissa 2018.

Venäläinen kassaneiti Karina Jeremejeva tyrmää kassajonossa häiriköineen asiakkaan:

Suoraa toimintaa. Tyrmäyksen jälkeen Karina antoi itse ensiapua tyrmäämälleen asiakkaalle.

Nyt alan paremmin ymmärtää tätä YouTube videota, jossa venäläinen nainen kertoo olevansa yllättynyt siitä, kuinka ystävällistä kassahenkilökuntaa Suomessa yleensäkin on.

Vielä 2012 Maria Baranovaa tituleerattiin New York Timesin sivuilla "Venäjän protestiliikkeen kasvoiksi" (A Face of the Russian Protest Movement). Hän oli silloin organisoimassa protesteja Putin-Medvedev-Putin-veivausta vastaan. No nyt, reilut 6 vuotta myöhemmin, Maria Baranova onkin sitten... aloittamassa työt RT:llä. :unsure:
Myös Masha Gessen kirjoitti ihan mielenkiintoisen artikkelin tästä Maria Baronovan siirtymisestä korkeahkoon virkaan ("managing editor") RT:n palveluksessa. Tuo Gessenhän puolestaan on ilmeisesti yksi ainakin länsimaissa tunnetuimpia Putin-kriitikoita, päätellen ainakin siitä, että hänen kirjansa "Venäjä vailla tulevaisuutta - totalitarismin paluu" on palkittu yhdysvalloissa.

Gessenin artikkelin perusteella Baronova on ilmeisesti jopa jonkin sortin "legenda" Venäjän oppositiopiireissä; ollut päätymässä protestien vuoksi Pussy Riotin kanssa samoihin aikoihin vankilaankin, ja ollut yleensäkin poikkeuksellisen rohkea vastalauseissaan poliisin ja viranomaisten toimia kohtaan. Mutta ilmeisesti Baronovakin on väsähtänyt ja alistunut kohtaloonsa (sitä se keski-iän lähestyminen teettää...). Gessenin artikkelin loppukaneettina on Baronovin sitaatti, että hänellä on vain yksi maa ja yksi elämä.

When a Dissident Becomes a Collaborator
What makes a person collaborate with a repressive, hateful, or criminal government? There are simple answers: Greed, vanity, the lack of a moral compass. But I am interested in the more complicated answers, which have to do with the desire to do good when all available options are bad.

A well-known Russian opposition figure disclosed recently that she was accepting a senior position with RT, the state propaganda conglomerate. (Its foreign-language operation had been known as Russia Today.) Maria Baronova, who is thirty-four, was active in the anti-government protests of 2011 and 2012. In June, 2012, she was charged with inciting a mass disturbance—she was one of a dozen people whom the government chose to punish, in order to frighten people from protesting again. In December, 2013, while her trial was underway and on the eve of the Olympic Games in Sochi, Baronova, like the then-imprisoned members of the art-protest group Pussy Riot, was given amnesty. During the following five years, Baronova worked primarily as an organizer on behalf of political prisoners in Russia.

I know Baronova well. We met during the 2011-2012 protests, and I wrote about her when she faced charges. Later, I made her one of the four main characters in my book “The Future Is History: How Totalitarianism Reclaimed Russia.” Over the course of about eighteen months, from 2014 to 2016, I spent roughly thirty hours interviewing her. To be honest, she was my favorite character in the book, because she was the most complicated and, in some ways, the most self-aware. As a kid, she had wanted to be a military officer, and by thirty she very nearly ended up a political prisoner. She was keenly aware of her need to be a part of something great and her desire to act together with others; she saw both her childhood patriotism and adult activism as functions of these desires. But as much as I might have thought of Baronova as a character, she was an actual person, whose story continued after my book was published.

I asked Baronova, on Facebook Messenger, if the decision to work for RT had been morally difficult. “I didn’t have pangs of conscience,” she responded. “Or I did, but only because I knew I would upset people whose opinion is important to me.” I knew that she meant me, among others.

Baronova was educated as a chemist and had worked in the medical-imports business, where she made a very good living thanks to profits from corruption. She had quit that line of work some time before she joined the protests, in order to focus on her son’s learning difficulties. She had been divorced. In the protest movement, she was fearless. She recited the Russian constitution to a platoon of soldiers. She staged a one-woman protest, in a church, in support of the imprisoned members of Pussy Riot. Most memorably for me, in June of 2013, she tried to get the police to explain why they had released a man who had beaten up an L.G.B.T. activist. For this, she was physically attacked and had to be hospitalized. Baronova was loud and confrontational, even by protest standards; she made a lot of people very uncomfortable. I had seen Baronova act more bravely—act more, period—than almost anyone I know.

The problem with Russia is that it is becoming more and more difficult to act with others in any way. Baronova’s second profession was journalism—she did some groundbreaking reporting from Ukraine during the revolution there, in 2014—but TV Rain, the independent television channel where she was working, came under attack from the authorities and has since been reduced to a primarily Web-based operation. Most independent media outlets have disappeared, and a few outlets remain as bare shadows of their past selves. Most of my former journalism colleagues have gone into other fields: edutainment, museum work, charitable projects. A distinct kind of charity has taken shape in Russia: professional journalists will report online on people or families in trouble or about projects that need funding, and readers are encouraged to donate to the cause. This kind of direct assistance has become a lifeline in a country where the welfare state has been virtually destroyed and civil society is under extreme pressure.

The Russian state fights civil society in at least two distinct ways. One is direct pressure: organizations are raided and shut down; leaders are threatened and some are even arrested. The other strategy is imitation. For almost any kind of civil-society group—from a movement to document potholes and demand road repair to human-rights defense—there is a government-funded equivalent. This serves both to muddy the waters and to insure that everything remains under the Kremlin’s control. It’s an old totalitarian impulse: in the Soviet Union, even the trade unions were run by the state, which was also the sole employer in the country. In May, 2017, RT launched its own media-charity operation, complete with a legal-defense arm; this is the project that Baronova will lead.

“It’s 2019, and everything is dominated by the state,” she wrote to me. “I’m never going to have another country. I’m not going to have another life, either. I want this country to be livable.”

Viimeksi muokattu:

Lehtiväite: Berlusconin tulevan ”bunga bunga” -oikeudenkäynnin 34-vuotias tähtitodistaja kuoli yllättäen – myrkytettiin radioaktiivisella aineella

The Timesin mukaan Marokossa syntynyt 34-vuotias Iman Fadil on kuollut sairaalassa radioaktiivisen myrkytykseen. Hänen oli määrä todistaa Berlusconia vastaan lahjussyytteitä koskevassa oikeudenkäynnissä. Poliisi tutkii kuolemaa murhana.

Tässä annetaan signaalia siitä, että Venäjälle myönteiset poliitikot tulee jättää rauhaan.

Lehtiväite: Berlusconin tulevan ”bunga bunga” -oikeudenkäynnin 34-vuotias tähtitodistaja kuoli yllättäen – myrkytettiin radioaktiivisella aineella

The Timesin mukaan Marokossa syntynyt 34-vuotias Iman Fadil on kuollut sairaalassa radioaktiivisen myrkytykseen. Hänen oli määrä todistaa Berlusconia vastaan lahjussyytteitä koskevassa oikeudenkäynnissä. Poliisi tutkii kuolemaa murhana.

Tässä annetaan signaalia siitä, että Venäjälle myönteiset poliitikot tulee jättää rauhaan.
Millähän lie myrkytetty? "Vapailta" markkinoilta hankittuna myrkyllinen annos poloniumia maksaa miljonan luokkaa https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...imes-more-toxic-than-cyanide/article18179025/
United Nuclear Scientific Supplies distributes radio-isotopes over the Internet, including polonium-210. But in a recent statement posted on its website, United Nuclear said the only isotopes it sells are an "exempt quantity" amount, meaning the quantities are so small (and they are electroplated on the inside eye of a needle) that they are not considered hazardous by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

United Nuclear does not carry any stock, and any orders it receives are sent to the NRC-licensed reactor in Oak Ridge, Tenn.

It says that one would need about 15,000 of its polonium-210 needles, at a cost of about $1-million U.S., to have a toxic amount.

Millähän lie myrkytetty? "Vapailta" markkinoilta hankittuna myrkyllinen annos poloniumia maksaa miljonan luokkaa

BBC kertoo, että kyseessä olisi sekoitus eri aineita, mainittu ainakin Koboltti. Koboltti-isotooppia käytetään ainakin sairaaloiden gammalähteissä, mutta kovasti epäilen senkään aineen saatavuutta esim Italian sisältä.

Viimeksi muokattu:

Vladimir Putin signs sweeping Internet-censorship bills

Publishing "unreliable socially significant information" can lead to big fines.

President Vladimir Putin has tightened his grip on the Russian Internet Monday, signing two censorship bills into law. One bans "fake news" while the other makes it illegal to insult public officials.

Russia has never really been a liberal democracy. It lacks an independent judiciary, and the government has found a variety of techniques to harass and intimidate independent media in the country.

But the new legislation gives the Russian government more direct tools to censor online speech. Analyst Maria Snegovaya told The Washington Post that the legislation "significantly expands the repressive power of Russia’s repressive apparatus."

Under one bill, individuals can face fines and jail time if they publish material online that shows a "clear disrespect for society, the state, the official state symbols of the Russian Federation, the Constitution of the Russian Federation, and bodies exercising state power."

Insults against Putin himself can be punished under the law, The Moscow Times reports. Punishments can be as high as 300,000 rubles ($4,700) and 15 days in jail.

A second bill subjects sites publishing "unreliable socially significant information" to fines as high as 1.5 million rubles ($23,000).

"Russia has not historically had major constraints on Internet freedom," analyst Matthew Rojansky told the Post. "The Internet has thus been one realm in which full diversity of opinion and free expression, even on the most sensitive political topics, were generally permitted."

Now, however, the Russian government has "essentially unconstrained authority to determine that any speech is unacceptable. One consequence may be to make it nearly impossible for individuals or groups to call for public protest activity against any action taken by the state."

The Russian government has steadily tightened its grip over the Russian Internet, The Moscow Times notes. "Tougher Internet laws introduced over the past five years require search engines to delete some search results, messaging services to share encryption keys with security services, and social networks to store users' personal data on servers within the country."

Back