Tykistö

Hello, no one seems to have picked up on this yet so I (apologetically) use some English to relay some Korean news on the details of the K9 Panssarihaupitsi deal.

Etelä-korea uutiset:
http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/news/news_Ec_detail.htm?No=123440

The content of the news:
As you already now, the K9 will participate in the exercises in Rovajärvi this week.
For the demonstration, Minister of Defence: Jussi Niinistö, Hanwha representatives, and the Korean DAPA minister 장명진 will meet.
They are expected to sign an MOU afterwards for a deal costing 400 million dollars (USD I'm guessing), 200 million for 48 used guns and another 200 USD for maintenance including technology transfer so that most if not all maintenance should be able to take place in Finland (would be an oversight to have it required to be shipped back to Korea for maintenance).

The actually signing of the deal would take place in early 2017 in Helsinki.

I'm not sure what Korea will do with the lost 48 guns, maybe we buy 48 new ones from Hanwha. If so, we might be losing money on this deal to make the norja ja tanska deals more likely. (And maybe all Nordic K9 maintenance will be done in Suomi? Probably they demand their own maintenance facilities but it's a probability.)

I'm not sure what Korea will do with the lost 48 guns

Kauppahintaluvut tässä on kyllä ihan toisenkokoisia kun mitä julkisuudessa on aikaisemmin puhuttu. Voisiko lukumäärän 48 kpl saada about 120+ miljoonalla. Jos vaikka Korean valtio subventoisi kauppaa saadakseen pään auki
länsimaisiin toimituksiin.

Faktaa on tietysti se ettei kauppaa vielä ole tehty eli allekirjoitettu. Valmistajan oli ensin osoitettava laitteen toimivuus meidän atarvikkeilla sekä ammunnanhallintajärjestelmäöllä. Se on nyt tehty, koska MVH harjoitus päättyi tänään.
Ensi vuoden puolelle mahdollinen allekirjoitus ainakin menee.

I think the media is being a bit dishonest and trying to make it sell the big round numbers. Its more like roughly 200 million for the guns. (So plus or minus 10~30 mil) and a Spare parts, Supply, Maintenance deal with a VALUE of 200 million. I don't think Finland will actually be paying 400 million, more closer to 300. Not to mention there might be refurbishments or modifications to the 48 used guns.

400 million USD for 48 is far too high when new-build licensed production for India at 100 guns is 1 billion USD. I think we should wait for the MOU signing within the week for more official numbers.

@Talvela
Tarkoititko kenties 76 ItK/14 PK (Putilov) -tykkejä, vai vitsailitko Kuivasaaren tykeistä?

"Kahdeksan vanhaa Canet-mallista merikanuunaa muutettiin Suomessa ilma-ammuntaan sopiviksi vuonna 1934. Tykeistä perustettiin nelitykkiset kiinteät patterit Helsinkiin ja Jyväskylään. Sotien jälkeen tykit luovutettiin rannikkotykistölle."

Näillä henkilökunta ampui vuosittain kalustolaukaukset Mäkiluodossa vielä 2000 -luvun alussa.
Ilmeisesti harhautusmielessä. Toimivat valemaaleina?

Vitsailin Obuhoveista, niitä on pari Turun edustallakin, kai ne killat niillä pamauttaisi jos joku antaisi kuulia.

Eikös se ollut niin että 48 kpl= 200milj eli reilut 4 milj. kipale. Se on hyvin linjassa Intian kaupan kanssa. Toisella 200 milj. tulee sitten varaosaa ja muuta härpäkettä.Jos loppusumma olisikin n.+- 350 milj. niin ylittää silti reilusti sen summan millä alkujaan lähdettiin liikkeelle.Hyvältä kuulostaa,TOSI HYVÄLTÄ.

Tässä K9 tänään Rovajärvellä.

Katso liite: 12398

Ihmettelijöitä on. Onkos tuo ranskalainen maastopuku oikealla? Toki taitaa MVH olla vuoden kovimmat bileet PV:llä, niin en ihmettele jos ulkomaisia vieraita käy tähän aikaan pyörimässä.

48 kpl kuulostaa hyvältä, aika hyvin siinä haarukassa mitä on arvioitu nykyisen 122 PsH -kaluston korvaajalukumääräksi.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Eikös se ollut niin että 48 kpl= 200milj eli reilut 4 milj. kipale. Se on hyvin linjassa Intian kaupan kanssa. Toisella 200 milj. tulee sitten varaosaa ja muuta härpäkettä.Jos loppusmma olisikin n.+- 350 milj. niin ylittää silti reilusti sen summan millä alkujaan lähdettiin liikkeelle.Hyvältä kuulostaa,TOSI HYVÄLTÄ.

Ja jotain on todella pielessä laskuissa, sieltä pitäisi tulla 100kpl tykkejä..

What? We are expecting 100 million deal for less than 3 million apiece.
200 million is maybe possible, but not 400.
Used K9 shouldn't really cost more than 3 if better new PzH2000 flies off the shelf for 5.

But I agree that this deal is likely to bring in Danish and Norwegian monies.

Thx for video.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Eiköhän nuo hikipedia hinnat ole alakanttiin. Intialle on tarjottu 100 kpl miljardin hintaan eli 10 miltsiä kpl (mitä se sitten sisltääkään).

Eiköhän nuo hikipedia hinnat ole alakanttiin. Intialle on tarjottu 100 kpl miljardin hintaan eli 10 miltsiä kpl (mitä se sitten sisltääkään).

Yksittäisen raketin hinnan täytyy joka tapauksessa olla jotain ihan muuta kuin 100000€

Tästä olen aivan samaa mieltä ja todennäköisesti näin onkin!

Rannari ja Hanski, titta här!

http://www.bga-aeroweb.com/Defense/GMLRS.html

FY 2014 GMLRS DoD Program:

Continues full rate production as well as product improvements such as insensitive munition and alternative warhead development. FY 2014 procurement funds in the amount of $273.0 million purchases 2,172 M31 GMLRS Unitary rockets for the Army.

273000000/2172 = ~126 000€

Lasketaan..48 kpl a 9 kpl patteri on? = 5 patteria

48 kpl jaettuna todennäköisesti neljään patteriin á 12 tykkiä.

They are expected to sign an MOU afterwards for a deal costing 400 million dollars (USD I'm guessing), 200 million for 48 used guns and another 200 USD for maintenance including technology transfer so that most if not all maintenance should be able to take place in Finland (would be an oversight to have it required to be shipped back to Korea for maintenance).

I would guess that in Finland the deal would be marketed as 200mUSD deal and thw maintenance part would be buried inside yearly operations cost, as that's the traditional Finnish way. But as this is Finland I would not be surprised if in the end only 24 are purchased.

What? We are expecting 100 million deal for less than 3 million apiece.
200 million is maybe possible, but not 400.
Used K9 really shouldnt cost more than 3 if better new PzH2000 flies off the shelf for five.

But I agree That this deal is Likely to bring in Danish and Norwegian monies.

Thx for the video.
A lot of people here seem to be disappointed at the price, but I would withhold judgement until the deal is signed. The only concrete number is 48. The others are just estimates in an unsourced news broadcast.
I would guess that in Finland the deal would be marketed as 200mUSD deal and thw maintenance part would be buried inside yearly operations cost, as that's the traditional Finnish way. But as this is Finland I would not be surprised if in the end only 24 are purchased.

I would really prefer it if Korea could come to an agreement where Suomi can find it acceptable to purchase 48 guns or however many are needed that meets their defence needs rather than budgetary expediency. I still do not think there is going to be a better tykistöjärjestelmien for the price.

Back