Uutisia Yhdysvalloista

Yksi noista Baton Rougen ammutuista poliiseista oli musta. Ampuja varmaan piti rotupetturina tai sitten ei muuten vaan välittänyt kuka luodin tielle sattui.

Jay Stalien
9 July at 23:39 ·

I have come to realize something that is still hard for me to understand to this day. The following may be a shock to some coming from an African American, but the mere fact that it may be shocking to some is prima facie evidence of the sad state of affairs that we are in as Humans.

I used to be so torn inside growing up. Here I am, a young African-American born and raised in Brooklyn, NY wanting to be a cop. I watched and lived through the crime that took place in the hood. My own black people killing others over nothing. Crack heads and heroin addicts lined the lobby of my building as I shuffled around them to make my way to our 1 bedroom apartment with 6 of us living inside. I used to be woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of gun fire, only to look outside and see that it was 2 African Americans shooting at each other.

It never sat right with me. I wanted to help my community and stop watching the blood of African Americans spilled on the street at the hands of a fellow black man. I became a cop because black lives in my community, along with ALL lives, mattered to me, and wanted to help stop the bloodshed.

As time went by in my law enforcement career, I quickly began to realize something. I remember the countless times I stood 2 inches from a young black man, around my age, laying on his back, gasping for air as blood filled his lungs. I remember them bleeding profusely with the unforgettable smell of deoxygenated dark red blood in the air, as it leaked from the bullet holes in his body on to the hot sidewalk on a summer day. I remember the countless family members who attacked me, spit on me, cursed me out, as I put up crime scene tape to cordon off the crime scene, yelling and screaming out of pain and anger at the sight of their loved ones taking their last breath. I never took it personally, I knew they were hurting. I remember the countless times I had to order new uniforms, because the ones I had on, were bloody from the blood of another black victim…of black on black crime. I remember the countless times I got back in my patrol car, distraught after having watched another black male die in front me, having to start my preliminary report something like this:

Suspect- Black/ Male, Victim-Black /Male.

I remember the countless times I canvassed the area afterwards, and asked everyone “did you see who did it”, and the popular response from the very same family members was always, “Fuck the Police, I ain't no snitch, Im gonna take care of this myself". This happened every single time, every single homicide, black on black, and then my realization became clearer.

I woke up every morning, put my freshly pressed uniform on, shined my badge, functioned checked my weapon, kissed my wife and kid, and waited for my wife to say the same thing she always does before I leave, “Make sure you come back home to us”. I always replied, “I will”, but the truth was I was never sure if I would. I almost lost my life on this job, and every call, every stop, every moment that I had this uniform on, was another possibility for me to almost lose my life again. I was a target in the very community I swore to protect, the very community I wanted to help. As a matter of fact, they hated my very presence. They called me “Uncle Tom”, and “wanna be white boy”, and I couldn’t understand why. My own fellow black men and women attacking me, wishing for my death, wishing for the death of my family. I was so confused, so torn, I couldn’t understand why my own black people would turn against me, when every time they called …I was there. Every time someone died….I was there. Every time they were going through one of the worst moments in their lives…I was there. So why was I the enemy? I dove deep into that question…Why was I the enemy? Then my realization became clearer.

I spoke to members of the community and listened to some of the complaints as to why they hated cops. I then did research on the facts. I also presented facts to these members of the community, and listened to their complaints in response. This is what I learned:

Complaint: Police always targeting us, they always messing with the black man.

Fact: A city where the majority of citizens are black (Baltimore for example) …will ALWAYS have a higher rate of black people getting arrested, it will ALWAYS have a higher rate of blacks getting stopped, and will ALWAYS have a higher rate of blacks getting killed, and the reason why is because a city with those characteristics will ALWAYS have a higher rate of blacks committing crime. The statistics will follow the same trend for Asians if you go to China, for Hispanics if you go to Puerto Rico, for whites if you go to Russia, and the list goes on. It’s called Demographics

Complaint: More black people get arrested than white boys.

Fact: Black People commit a grossly disproportionate amount of crime. Data from the FBI shows that Nationwide, Blacks committed 5,173 homicides in 2014, whites committed 4,367. Chicago’s death toll is almost equal to that of both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined. Chicago’s death toll from 2001–November, 26 2015 stands at 7,401. The combined total deaths during Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003-2015: 4,815) and Operation Enduring Freedom/Afghanistan (2001-2015: 3,506), total 8,321.

Complaint: Blacks are the only ones getting killed by police, or they are killed more.

Fact: As of July 2016, the breakdown of the number of US Citizens killed by Police this year is, 238 White people killed, 123 Black people killed, 79 Hispanics, 69 other/or unknown race.

Fact: Black people kill more other blacks than Police do, and there are only protest and outrage when a cop kills a black man. University of Toledo criminologist Dr. Richard R. Johnson examined the latest crime data from the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports and Centers for Disease Control and found that an average of 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012. Professor Johnson’s research further concluded that 112 black men died from both justified and unjustified police-involved killings annually during this same period.

Complaint: Well we already doing a good job of killing ourselves, we don’t need the Police to do it. Besides they should know better.

The more I listened, the more I realized. The more I researched, the more I realized. I would ask questions, and would only get emotional responses & inferences based on no facts at all. The more killing I saw, the more tragedy, the more savagery, the more violence, the more loss of life of a black man at the hands of another black man….the more I realized.

I haven’t slept well in the past few nights. Heartbreak weighs me down, rage flows through my veins, and tears fills my eyes. I watched my fellow officers assassinated on live television, and the images of them laying on the ground are seared into my brain forever. I couldn’t help but wonder if it had been me, a black man, a black cop, on TV, assassinated, laying on the ground dead,..would my friends and family still think black lives mattered? Would my life have mattered? Would they make t-shirts in remembrance of me? Would they go on tv and protest violence? Would they even make a Facebook post, or share a post in reference to my death?

All of my realizations came to this conclusion. Black Lives do not matter to most black people. Only the lives that make the national news matter to them. Only the lives that are taken at the hands of cops or white people, matter. The other thousands of lives lost, the other black souls that I along with every cop, have seen taken at the hands of other blacks, do not matter. Their deaths are unnoticed, accepted as the “norm”, and swept underneath the rug by the very people who claim and post “black lives matter”. I realized that this country is full of ignorance, where an educated individual will watch the ratings-driven news media, and watch a couple YouTube video clips, and then come to the conclusion that they have all the knowledge they need to have in order to know what it feels like to have a bullet proof vest as part of your office equipment, “Stay Alive” as part of your daily to do list, and having insurance for your health insurance because of the high rate of death in your profession. They watch a couple videos and then they magically know in 2 minutes 35 seconds, how you are supposed to handle a violent encounter, which took you 6 months of Academy training, 2 – 3 months of field training, and countless years of blood, sweat, tears and broken bones experiencing violent encounters and fine tuning your execution of the Use of Force Continuum. I realized that there are even cops, COPS, duly sworn law enforcement officers, who are supposed to be decent investigators, who will publicly go on the media and call other white cops racist and KKK, based on a video clip that they watched thousands of miles away, which was filmed after the fact, based on a case where the details aren’t even known yet and the investigation hasn’t even begun. I realized that most in the African American community refuse to look at solving the bigger problem that I see and deal with every day, which is black on black crime taking hundreds of innocent black lives each year, and instead focus on the 9 questionable deaths of black men, where some were in the act of committing crimes. I realized that they value the life of a Sex Offender and Convicted Felon, [who was in the act of committing multiple felonies: felon in possession of a firearm-FELONY, brandishing and threatening a homeless man with a gun-Aggravated Assault in Florida: FELONY, who resisted officers who first tried to taze him, and WAS NOT RESTRAINED, who can be clearly seen in one of the videos raising his right shoulder, then shooting it down towards the right side of his body exactly where the firearm was located and recovered] more than the lives of the innocent cops who were assassinated in Dallas protecting the very people that hated them the most. I realized that they refuse to believe that most cops acknowledge that there are Bad cops who should have never been given a badge & gun, who are chicken shit and will shoot a cockroach if it crawls at them too fast, who never worked in the hood and may be intimidated. That most cops dread the thought of having to shoot someone, and never see the turmoil and mental anguish that a cop goes through after having to kill someone to save his own life. Instead they believe that we are all blood thirsty killers, because the media says so, even though the numbers prove otherwise. I realize that they truly feel as if the death of cops will help people realize the false narrative that Black Lives Matter, when all it will do is take their movement two steps backwards and label them domestic terrorist. I realized that some of these people, who say Black Lives Matter, are full of hate and racism. Hate for cops, because of the false narrative that more black people are targeted and killed. Racism against white people, for a tragedy that began 100’s of years ago, when most of the white people today weren’t even born yet. I realized that some in the African American community’s idea of “Justice” is the prosecution of ANY and EVERY cop or white man that kills or is believed to have killed a black man, no matter what the circumstances are. I realized the African American community refuses to look within to solve its major issues, and instead makes excuses and looks outside for solutions. I realized that a lot of people in the African American community lead with hate, instead of love. Division instead of Unity. Turmoil and rioting, instead of Peace. I realized that they have become the very entity that they claim they are fighting against.

I realized that the very reasons I became a cop, are the very reasons my own people hate me, and now in this toxic hateful racially charged political climate, I am now more likely to die,... and it is still hard for me to understand…. to this day.

50k50k
13k comments
144,861 shares
Comments
50 of 13,423
View previous comments

US Treasury designates 3 senior al Qaeda members in Iran

The Treasury Department announced today that three senior al Qaeda members have been added to the US government’s list of designated terrorists. All three of them are “located in Iran.”

The newly-designated al Qaeda operatives are: Faisal Jassim Mohammed Al Amri Al Khalidi, Yisra Muhammad Ibrahim Bayumi, and Abu Bakr Muhammad Muhammad Ghumayn.

The Iranian government has maintained a relationship with al Qaeda since the early 1990s. Although the two sides are sometimes at odds, including inside Syria, Treasury’s announcement indicates that some of al Qaeda’s most important commanders are able to evade the American drone campaign by sheltering inside Iran.
Al Qaeda’s “new generation”

Al Khalidi is described as “part of a new generation of al Qaeda operatives” who rose through the organization’s ranks to become a “senior” official. He was previously the emir of an al Qaeda “brigade” and a “battalion commander.”

In May 2015, Treasury notes, al Khalidi “participated in an annual al Qaeda Council meeting with other al Qaeda commanders to discuss weapons acquisition.” He was al Qaeda’s “Military Commission Chief” at the time — meaning he was one of the most important figures in the group’s international network.

In addition, al Khalidi has been responsible for maintaining contacts between other al Qaeda operatives, including members of al Qaeda’s central shura (or advisory) council, and Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (Pakistani Taliban) “leaders.”

Treasury’s description of al Khalidi appears to echo a letter sent from Atiyah Abd al Rahman to Osama bin Laden in November 2010. Rahman, who was one of bin Laden’s top lieutenants at the time and helped to broker al Qaeda’s deal with the Iranian regime, described three jihadists who had been groomed as part of a “new generation” — the same wording used by Treasury. Rahman named one of the three as “Abu Hamza al Khalidi,” which is one of the aliases used by the al Qaeda leader designated today.

“Another brother from the [Arabian] peninsula with a military background, who is good, smart, with a sound mind, well-mannered, and religious, [is] named Abu Hamzah Al Khalidi,” Rahman wrote. Rahman explained that Abu Hamzah al Khalidi is the “cousin of Shaykh Al Khalidi, who is imprisoned with Shaykh Al Fahd and Shaykh Al Khudair in Saudi Arabia.” Furthermore, Rahman described al Khalidi as “an emir of one of our brigades,” which again matches Treasury’s description.

Al Khalidi and the others listed in the letter “have been with us, in the arena, for almost three years,” Rahman informed bin Laden. They “continue to be promoted and we think highly of them, and know they will succeed, Allah willing.” Rahman added there were “a few others from the new generation” as well. Rahman, who was al Qaeda’s main liaison to Iran for years, was subsequently killed in a US drone strike in 2011.

Two others in Iran

Treasury describes Yisra Muhammad Ibrahim Bayumi as a “veteran” al Qaeda member, who has been in the organization “since at least 2006.” He has been “located in Iran since 2014.” In 2015, Bayumi was “involved in freeing al Qaeda members in Iran” and “served as a mediator with Iranian authorities.”

Although Iran provides a permissive environment for some al Qaeda operatives, the regime detains others on occasion. Iran uses the threat of imprisonment to maintain leverage over its guests and has also kept some senior jihadists under house arrest. This has caused friction between al Qaeda and Iran at times. Al Qaeda has reportedly kidnapped Iranians to barter for its detained members on more than one occasion.

Prior to early 2015, according to Treasury, Bayumi “was involved in assisting al Qaeda members located in Iran.” He has also collected funds for the group, “including, as recently as 2015, securing funds from Syria for al Qaeda members and facilitating al Qaeda funds transfers.”

One of the more curious aspects of the ongoing Iran-al Qaeda relationship is that they are on opposite sides of the Syrian war. Yet, the Iranians continue to allow the Sunni jihadists to operate inside their country. According to a top al Qaeda defector, the reasons for this accommodation are simple: The Iranian regime wants to avoid terrorist attacks at home and still maintains some common interests with al Qaeda, despite the fact they are battling each other in Syria and Yemen.

Abu Bakr Muhammad Muhammad Ghumayn is a “senior al Qaeda leader” and “has served in several financial, communications, and logistical roles for the group,” according to Treasury. “As of 2015, Ghumayn assumed control of the financing and organization of al Qaeda members located in Iran.”

Before relocating to Iran, Ghumayn was based in Waziristan, Pakistan, where he acted as “a conduit to senior al Qaeda leadership.” He has also “served within al Qaeda in an intelligence and security capacity.”

Previous designations and other statements by Treasury and State Departments

Treasury’s announcement today is the latest in a long line of designations. In 2009, Treasury acknowledged that several al Qaeda operatives were living inside Iran. Then, beginning in July 2011, both the Treasury and State Departments repeatedly targeted the Iran-based network.

Below is a brief timeline of designations and other official statements by the US government.

Jan. 2009: Treasury designated four al Qaeda members in Iran, including Osama bin Laden’s son Saad, who was later killed after relocating to Pakistan. “It is important that Iran give a public accounting of how it is meeting its international obligations to constrain al Qaeda,” Stuart Levey, who was then Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, said at the time.

July 2011: Treasury targeted Iran’s formerly “secret deal” with al Qaeda, designating six jihadists who were involved in al Qaeda’s operations inside the country. One of them is known as Yasin al Suri, “a prominent Iran-based al Qaeda facilitator” who operates “under an agreement between al Qaeda and the Iranian government.”

“Iran is the leading state sponsor of terrorism in the world today,” David S. Cohen, who was then Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, said in a press release. “By exposing Iran’s secret deal with al Qaeda allowing it to funnel funds and operatives through its territory, we are illuminating yet another aspect of Iran’s unmatched support for terrorism,” Cohen emphasized.

Dec. 2011: The State Department announced a $10 million reward for Yasin al Suri, making him one of the most wanted terrorists on the planet. “Under an agreement between al Qaeda and the Government of Iran, Yasin al Suri has helped move money and recruits through Iran to al Qaeda leaders in neighboring countries in the region,” Robert Hartung, the State Department Assistant Director for Threat Investigations and Analysis, explained during a briefing.

Feb. 2012: The Treasury Department designated the Iranian Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) for a number of reasons, including the assistance it provided to al Qaeda and al Qaeda in Iraq. According to Treasury, the “MOIS has facilitated the movement of al Qaeda operatives in Iran and provided them with documents, identification cards, and passports.” In addition, the MOIS has “provided money and weapons to al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI)…and negotiated prisoner releases of AQI operatives.”

July 2012: In its Country Reports on Terrorism 2011, the State Department reported that “Iran remained unwilling to bring to justice senior AQ members it continued to detain, and refused to publicly identify those senior members in its custody.” Iran “also allowed AQ members to operate a core facilitation pipeline through Iranian territory, enabling AQ to carry funds and move facilitators and operatives to South Asia and elsewhere.”

October 2012: Treasury explained that Yasin al Suri had been temporarily sidelined as the chief of al Qaeda’s network in Iran. His replacement was Muhsin al Fadhli, a veteran Kuwaiti operative, who later relocated to Syria as part of al Qaeda’s “Khorasan Group” and was killed in an American airstrike. Treasury named Adel Radi Saqr al Wahabi al Harbi as one of Fadhli’s men inside Iran. Harbi also eventually relocated to Syria, where he served as the military commander of Jund al Aqsa, an al Qaeda front group, until meeting his own demise.

Treasury explained how the deal between the Iranian regime and al Qaeda works. “Under the terms of the agreement between al Qaeda and Iran,” Treasury reported, “al Qaeda must refrain from conducting any operations within Iranian territory and recruiting operatives inside Iran while keeping Iranian authorities informed of their activities.” As long as al Qaeda didn’t violate these terms, “the Government of Iran gave the Iran-based al Qaeda network freedom of operation and uninhibited ability to travel for extremists and their families.”

Treasury’s Cohen explained in a press release that the designation of Harbi “builds on our action from July 2011” and “further exposes al Qaeda’s critically important Iran-based funding and facilitation network.” Cohen added: “We will continue targeting this crucial source of al Qaeda’s funding and support, as well as highlight Iran’s ongoing complicity in this network’s operation.”

May 2013: In its Country Reports on Terrorism 2012, the State Department said that Iran “allowed AQ facilitators Muhsin al-Fadhli and Adel Radi Saqr al-Wahabi al-Harbi to operate a core facilitation pipeline through Iran, enabling AQ to move funds and fighters to South Asia and to Syria.” Fadhli “began working with the Iran-based AQ facilitation network in 2009,” was “later arrested by Iranian authorities,” but then released in 2011 so he could assume “leadership of the Iran-based AQ facilitation network.”

Jan. 2014: Treasury and State Department officials told Al Jazeera that Yasin al Suri was once again in charge of al Qaeda’s Iran-based network.

Feb. 2014: Treasury identified another Iran-based al Qaeda facilitator, Olimzhon Adkhamovich Sadikov, who is an Uzbek and part of the Islamic Jihad Union. Sadikov “provides logistical support and funding to al Qaeda’s Iran-based network,” according to Treasury.

Apr. 2014: In its Country Reports on Terrorism 2013, the State Department once again noted that the Iranian regime hosted al Qaeda’s “core facilitation pipeline” and “remained unwilling to bring to justice senior al Qaeda (AQ) members it continued to detain,” while also refusing “to publicly identify those senior members in its custody.”

Aug. 2014: Treasury designated a senior al Qaeda leader known as Sanafi al Nasr, who “served in early 2013 as chief of al Qaeda’s Iran-based extremist and financial facilitation network.” Nasr relocated to Syria in 2013 as part of al Qaeda’s “Khorasan Group” and was killed in an American airstrike in 2015.

Curiously, the State Department’s Country Reports on Terrorism for 2014 and 2015 said that the Iranian government “previously allowed AQ facilitators to operate a core facilitation pipeline through Iran.” Although Foggy Bottom didn’t explicitly say it, the implication was that the Iran-al Qaeda deal was a thing of the past.

But today’s designation by the Treasury Department indicates that senior al Qaeda leaders have continued to operate inside Iran.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archi...tes-three-senior-al-qaeda-members-in-iran.php

Ei tällä kertaa. Poliisi on pidätetty viralta toistaiseksi. Joku hätäkeskukseen soittanut oli harhauttanut, mutta tilanne pitäisi kai silti arvostella paikan päällä.
Käsittämätön tapaus kyllä.
Miami on kyllä perseenläpi, vaikka kuinka mielikuvissa pitkät hiekkarannat sitä kuvastavat. Sisko perheineen asuvat hieman pohjoisempana Delrayssä. Kokivat nyt ensimmäistä kertaa heihin kohdistuneen rikoksen keväällä. Marinassa säilytyksessä ollut vene tyhjennettiin kaikesta elektroniikasta.

World | Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:32pm EDT http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social
Related: U.S.
Exclusive: White House to review ban on military gear for police - police leaders

Commander William Adama: There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

-Taisteluplaneetta Galactican komentaja

Tässä linkki vielä videoon. Autistilla oli käsissään leleauto ja auttaja makasi maassa kädet ylhäällä!

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...r-unarmed-black-man-shot-by-the-police-22494

US: Another unarmed black man shot by the police

In footage documented in Florida, Charles Kinsey is seen lying on the ground with his hands in the air alongside his patient, a 27-year-old with autism, trying to calm him down – when police officers shoot him in the leg.

Ei tuo kovin uhkaava tilanne pitäisi olla kiväärin tähtäimestä tarkasteltuna.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ith_his_hands_up.html?wpsrc=sh_all_tab_tw_top

Tässä linkki vielä videoon. Autistilla oli käsissään leleauto ja auttaja makasi maassa kädet ylhäällä!

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news/world-news/around-the-globe/us-another-unarmed-black-man-shot-by-the-police-22494

US: Another unarmed black man shot by the police

In footage documented in Florida, Charles Kinsey is seen lying on the ground with his hands in the air alongside his patient, a 27-year-old with autism, trying to calm him down – when police officers shoot him in the leg.

Vielä kun ammuttu mies kysyy poliisilta miksi tämä ampui häntä (makasi maassa kädet kohdistettu avoimina taivasta kohti), johon poliisi vastaa, "I don't know". Jos ampuneen poliisin tarkoitus oli ampua lähihoitajan kehitysvammaista potilasta, niin melkoisia ongelmia oli osua: kolmesta ammutusta laukauksesta yksikään ei osunut tähän lähellä olevaan kohteeseen (aseena ilmeisesti AR-15 perheeseen kuuluva kivääri) - kaksi meni ohi ja yksi osui lähihoitajaa jalkaan.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Back