Israel

Paha moka Golanilla.

Tragedy in Northern Israel: 2 IDF soldiers killed when grenade detonated
A tragedy occurred this morning when a hand grenade detonated at the entrance to an IDF base on Mount Hermon, killing two soldiers. Three other soldiers sustained injuries and were transported by a helicopter to Haifa’s Rambam Hospital.
Two IDF soldiers were killed this morning (Sunday) after a hand grenade detonated at a military base near the entrance to Majdal Shams. Another soldier was moderately injured and two additional soldiers sustained minor injures. Helicopters that were dispatched to the scene transported the soldiers to Haifa’s Rambam Hospital. The circumstances of the incident are being investigated.

The incident occurred at around 7:00 AM, when a military patrol car approached the base. For a reason that is currently unknown, the driver exited the vehicle with the grenade in his hand and approached the soldier who was guarding the entrance to the base. The driver and the commander of the patrol began to argue about the grenade. Seconds later, the grenade detonated, killing the driver and the soldier who was on guard duty.

evacuation10373.jpg

Helicopter transporting the wounded, today Photo Credit: Rescue units/Channel 2 News

The commander of the patrol sustained moderate injuries and was transported by helicopter to Rambam Hospital. The two soldiers who sustained minor injuries were also transported by helicopter to the hospital.

The IDF soldier who was guarding the base was identified as 20-year-old Sgt. Shlomo Rindenow, a lone soldier from the IDF’s 401 Brigade. The soldier’s relatives live in New Jersey and were updated about the incident. The driver was identified as 24-year-old St.-Sgt. Husam Tafish of Beit Jann.

It is still unclear why Tafish approached Rindenow with the grenade in his hand and how it detonated. Northern Command head Maj.-Gen. Aviv Kochavi has appointed a committee of experts to investigate the incident.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...-soldiers-killed-when-grenade-detonated-22394

Paha moka Golanilla.

Tragedy in Northern Israel: 2 IDF soldiers killed when grenade detonated
A tragedy occurred this morning when a hand grenade detonated at the entrance to an IDF base on Mount Hermon, killing two soldiers. Three other soldiers sustained injuries and were transported by a helicopter to Haifa’s Rambam Hospital.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...-soldiers-killed-when-grenade-detonated-22394

Kuolinsyy lienee typeryys, ellei sitten itsetuhoisuus, joskin itsetuhoinen ei varmaankaan rupeaisi väittelyyn kenenkään kanssa.

Beduiini yritti anastaa sotilaan aseen tukikohdan portilla. Video linkissä.

Watch: Bedouin attempts to steal weapon from IDF soldier near army base
A Bedouin resident of the Negev approached the entrance to the Mishmar HaNegev IDF base and tried to steal the firearm of a soldier. The soldier, who belongs to the IDF’s Rimon Reconnaissance Unit, fought back and subdued the Bedouin. The suspect was arrested and taken into questioning by police officers.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...ne&utm_campaign=EveningNewsletter+-+Recurring

Was the drone that infiltrated into the Jewish state from Syria made in Israel?
The Air Force is investigating whether the unmanned aerial vehicle that infiltrated from Syria into Israel is a searcher drone manufactured by the Israel Defense Industry. The drone was previously sold to Russia.

Syriandrone71916.jpg

Drone from Syria

Two days after a Syrian drone infiltrated into Israel and was not shot down, it is currently being examined whether the unmanned aerial vehicle was manufactured by the Israel Defense Industries. An investigation into the incident reveals that the drone was probably a searcher drone that is operated by Russia in Syria.

The Israeli aircraft that was sold to Russia was even permitted to be set up at an assembly plant in Syria. This particular drone is sold widely around the world. It is used for missions and reconnaissance photography.

Meanwhile, the Israeli Air Force is investing the circumstances that led to the failure of the drone being intercepted. The investigation revealed that the drone was identified 24 kilometers from the Israeli border and it was followed. A Patriot missile was fired once it crossed the border but exploded away from the drone. The second missile also missed it.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...ine&utm_campaign=MiddayNewsletter+-+Recurring

Arab media outlets claim Israel attacked Syrian government building
According to reports that have not yet been confirmed, IAF aircrafts attacked a Syrian government building in Quneitra near the Syrian-Israeli border. Syrian government officials quickly denied the reports of an Israeli attack and accused Jabhat al-Nusra of targeting the building.

attacksouthernsyraiuncon.jpg

Quneitra. Israelin ja Syyrian rajalla Golanilla.

Several Arab media outlets are reporting that that Israel attacked a target in Syria today (Wednesday). According to the reports that have not yet been confirmed, IAF planes hit a Syrian government building in Quneitra near the Syrian-Israeli border.

Syrian government officials were quick to deny that this was an Israeli attack and blamed Jabhat al-Nusra. According to the sources, the terrorist organization launched a missile targeting the building. Meanwhile, reports were received about an IAF sortie over Southern Syria. The IDF Spokesperson’s Unit stated in response that is does not comment on unconfirmed reports such as these.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news.../report-israel-attacked-target-in-syria-22460

Gunshots fired at IDF post in Metula; No injuries reported
Gunshots were fired this morning at an IDF post in Metula. No injuries were reported. The IDF is currently investigating the incident.

gunshotsonborder.jpg

Illusion

This morning (Wednesday), gunshots were fired at an IDF post in Metula near Israel’s northern border with Lebanon, according to the IDF. No injuries were reported.

In addition, the IDF clarified that it is unclear whether the gunfire was deliberate or misfire at the moment. The incident is under investigation.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...nese-border-gunshots-fired-at-idf-post-22456

Vierivä kivi ei sammaloidu! :D

Israelissakin oli aika humoristista kun erikoisjoukkojen vääpelit, sotilaspoliisin majurit ja panssarijoukkojen everstit kattoivat suoraan silmiin, mitä meikäläisen silmät kertoivat. Ja kun katsoo tappajia silmiin, niin ne hymyilee.
Slalomia! Ei ole itellä ollut pitkään aikaan kokemusta tappajan simmuihin kattelemisesta. Ihmetyttää tuo hymyileminen. Itellä suvussa veteraani talvi ja jatkosodasta. Tappoi se siellä "muutaman". Aika harvoin se hymyili kun katteli silmiin:(

Op-Ed: Why I as a Muslim support Israel
Balochi dissident Ashraf Sherjan explains why as a Muslim he supports the State of Israel: “I learned from my father that Jewish people are nice and peaceful people. They never hated me because I am Muslim but loved me and took care of me as if I was their own child.”

SherjanIsrael.jpg

Ashraf Sherjan

Today I want write why do I support Israel because people are very confused about me being a Muslim and an Israel supporter. They ask, “How come you support Israel?”

So, actually it's not because of me. It's because a Jewish family supported my father almost 46 or 47 years ago.

Around 47 years ago, my father arrived in Dubai via a ship from Gawadar Balochistan that was illegal and after arriving in Dubai, my father had no place to stay, no money, and no language skills because my father could speak only the Balochi language.

So after arriving in Dubai, my father didn't knew where to go, what to do and at the same time, he was very hungry and of course, he was just 16 years old and was a little scared and started to cry on the street .

He was crying standing alone looking left and right and saw a middle aged women walking by. My father started to follow her. After a few steps of walking, the lady noticed someone is following her. She turned and looked at my father but still kept on walking and she kept on walking faster as my father was also following her footsteps.

The lady owned a textile shop and went into her shop. My father stopped in front of the door and the lady noticed the boy that was in front of the door crying a lot.

So she came out of the shop and asked my father, why you are crying and why you are following me?

And my father could not reply because he did not speak her language but showed her signs that he is hungry and the Lady understood him. She gave him food and a little bit of money.

My father ate and took the money and left but of course returned back because he didn't knew where to go.

And again, the lady saw him in front of the shop so the lady understood that he is lost and took him into her home and brought him home to her family.

So like this, you can say that my father was adopted by a Jewish family at the age of 16. My father was living with them till he started to communicate with them and informed them that he came via a ship from Balochistan and that his parents are in Balochistan. Because the Jewish family was also worried about my father's family, after 1 year, the lady understood that it's better to take him to the Pakistani embassy and to arrange a travel document for him.

She got a passport for my father and bought a ticket for my father. She sent him back to Karachi legally.

My father after his visit to his parents came back to Dubai and to the same family.

So the women asked, why he came back? My father replied: “I missed you all and I am also your son.”

After a few years, the family wanted to move to the USA and wanted to take my father too but my father decided not to go with them and stayed in Dubai.

So I learned from my father that Jewish people are very nice and peaceful people. They never hated me because I am Muslim but loved me and took care of me as if I was their own child.

And this is the reason I stand with Israel.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/blogs/op-ed-why-i-as-a-muslim-support-israel-22651

IDF:n esikuntapäällikkö - käytännösä asevoimien komentaja - sai yllätyksenä USA:n kunnialegioonan komentajamerkin. Video linkissä.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...h-idf-chief-awarded-us-legion-of-merit-22781

Watch: IDF Chief Gadi Eizenkot awarded Legion of Merit by US general
While on a visit to the US, Lt. Gen. Eizenkot was awarded the Legion of Merit for "exceptionally meritorious service" by Gen. Joseph Dunford, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

IDF Chief Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot was awarded the Legion of Merit by the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman, Gen. Joseph Dunford, during a ceremony outside the Pentagon on Thursday.

The honor was granted to Eizenkot "for exceptionally meritorious service as the Chief of the General Staff of the IDF," said an announcement by a US military spokesperson. "His contribution to the strategic cooperation between the United States and Israel will have a lasting effect on both countries."

The IDF has stated that the award came as a surprise to Eizenkot.

Tässä googlen tekstiä Kenraalimajuri Eizenkotista.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadi_Eizenkot

Eizenkot on kehittänyt Israelin armeijan uuden strategian tai sotataidon.

Voisiko joku kääntää seuraavan pätkän opista? En ymmärrä sanaa an safety.

In the document Eizenkot determines the ultimate test of military action is the ability to sustain long periods of peace an safety in order to allow the state to develop. The long periods of peace an safety are the result of deterrence that achieved through military strength and the use of force. the strategy defines two types of campaigns:
  • A campaign to achieve Decisive victory, in which the IDF will operate the at it's full strength in order to achieve it's goals.
  • A limited campaign, in which the IDF will operate it's force in restraint in order prevent escalation.
An essential element relates to the purpose of ending the conflict in the shortest time. "The IDF Strategy" is trying to give this component a response by changing the pattern of the use of force by a an immediate and simultaneous attack that combines maneuver and fire. "The IDF Strategy" also includes the strategic concept of campaigns between the wars (CBW), in which the IDF operate covertly in order to to preserve and enhance the achievements of the previous campaigns, to weaken the enemy and to postpone the next conflict.

and

Israelin armeijan erikoijoukko Duvdevan ja sen sotilaat saanevat Esikuntapäällikön kunniamaininnan (Video joukon toiminnasta linkissä)

IDF’s Duvdevan to be awarded Chief Of Staff Citation

In light of the unit’s extensive operations in the past year, the IDF Chief of General Staff approved the recommendation to award the Duvdevan commanders and soldiers a citation. In the past year, the unit conducted hundreds of successful operations in the West Bank.

Today (Sunday), IDF Chief of General Staff Gadi Eizenkot approved the recommendation to award the Duvdevan elite special force a citation for its operations in the past year. The General Staff Committee for Decorations and Citations recommended that Duvdevan be awarded the citation.

“In the past year, Duvdevan led continuous and lengthy battles in the West Bank under the Israeli Central Command while performing complex operational activities,” read the statement issued by the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit. “The unit participated in hundreds of operations under complex operational conditions in order to arrest suspects, prevent terror attacks and damage terrorism infrastructures.”

duvonceinaction.jpg

Duvdevan (archives) Photo Credit: IDF Spokesperson's Unit/Channel 2 News

“Duvdevan developed and implemented special weapons that enhanced its operational effectiveness and improved the undercover soldiers’ abilities,” continued the statement. The citation will be presented to the Duvdevan commanders and soldiers for demonstrating their commitment to achieving goals, courage and creativity while performing their missions.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...-to-be-awarded-chief-of-staff-citation-22822

http://www.verkkouutiset.fi/ulkomaat/israel isis oppi-53702
Isis ei hyökkää Israeliin – tästä syystä
Sami Metelinen
eilen klo 15:20 (päivitetty eilen klo 17:30)
Israel on tottunut toimimaan jatkuvan terrorismiuhan alla. Siksi sen lähestymistapa uhkiin on toisenlainen kuin länsimailla.

• bb3d472664ea9ba856b9c2f862ec316dc1e997eaa8910ca23a21b12d6e97e9ff

IDF:n sotilaita Golanin kukkuloilla.

(Wikimedia Commons)
Terroristijärjestö Isis toimii aivan Israelin rajoilla ja on vannonut tuhoavansa Israelin valtion. Silti Isis ei ole suorittanut Israelissa yhtäkään terrori-iskua tai yrittänyt tunkeutua Israeliin.

Harvardin yliopiston politiikan tutkimuksen professorin Graham Allisonin mukaan syy on vuosien saatossa kehittyneessä puolustusstrategiassa, jonka Israel on havainnut toimivimmaksi jatkuvan terrorismin uhan alla elävässä maassa.

Lähestymistapa Isisiin on täysin toisenlainen kuin Yhdysvalloilla, joka on ottanut tavoitteekseen Isisin kukistamisen sotilaallista voimaa käyttämällä.

– Israel on omaksunut sivun Yhdysvaltain kylmän sodan pelikirjasta, jonka turvin se kukisti vallankumouksellisen neuvostojohtoisen kommunismin. Israel estää Isisin hyökkäykset kärsivällisen ja valppaan pelotteen avulla, Allison kirjoittaa National Interestissä julkaistussa artikkelissa.

Israelin taktiikkana on taivuttaa Isis olemaan hyökkäämättä. Tätä varten Israel ylläpitää uskottavaa pelotetta. Jos Isis iskisi Israelia vastaan, siitä seuraisi välitön kosto.

Punainen viiva
Allisonin mukaan pelote edellyttää kolmea asiaa: selkeyttä, kykyä ja uskottavuutta.

Selkeys tarkoittaa, että määritellään selvästi punainen viiva, jota ei sovi ylittää. Kyky tarkoittaa kykyä aiheuttaa kostoiskussa tuhoa, joka on selvästi hyökkäyksen hyötyjä suurempi. Uskottavuus tarkoittaa tahtoa toimia strategian mukaisesti.

Strategia epäonnistuu, jos jokin kolmesta palasesta ontuu. Jos punaisen viivan ylittämisestä seuraa pelkästään kovia sanoja, mutta ei rangaistusta, uskottavuus on mennyt.

Jotta pelote toimisi pidemmän päälle, se sisältää myös lupauksen, että kostoiskua ei panna toimeen ilman, että vastapuoli ylittää punaisen viivan.

Israel soveltaa samaa pelotestrategiaa kaikkiin vihollisiinsa, joihin lukeutuvat valtiot Iran, Libanon ja Syyria, valtionkaltaiset organisaatiot Hizbollah ja Hamas sekä terroristijärjestöt Isis, Islamilainen Jihad ja Al Qaidaan kytkeytyvät ryhmät.

Yhdysvaltojen mielestä Isis on koko sivistyneen maailman olemassaoloa koskeva uhka. Israelin puolustusvoimien mielestä kyseessä on vain terroristijärjestö muiden joukossa.

Idea Kummisetä-elokuvasta
Israelin puolustusstrategia oli pitkään valtionsalaisuus. Vuosi sitten elokuussa Israelin puolustusvoimien IDF:n puolustusstrategian salaamaton versio julkaistiin ensi kertaa hepreaksi. Harvardin Kennedy Schoolin Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs julkaisi vastikään englanninkielisen version strategiasta.

Strategia luokittelee Yhdysvaltain ja Euroopan unionin terroristijärjestöiksi määrittelemät Hizbollahin ja Hamasin valtionkaltaisiksi organisaatioiksi, jotka pitävät hallussaan maa-alueita ja hallitsevat ihmisjoukkoja. Näihin toimii puolustusstrategian mukaan yleisen ja erityisen pelotteen yhdistelmä.

Yleinen pelote syntyy sotilaallisen ylivoiman ylläpitämisestä sekä kummisetä-asenteesta. Kummisetä-asenne tarkoittaa, että kaikki otetaan henkilökohtaisesti.

"Onnettomuuksia ei tapahdu ihmisille, jotka ottavat jokaisen onnettomuuden henkilökohtaisena loukkauksena", sanotaan Kummisetä-elokuvassa.

Erityinen pelote on räätälöity jokaiselle viholliselle erikseen. Kyse on sen osoittamisesta, miten turhaa taistelun jatkaminen on. Se edellyttää toisinaan muistutuksia siitä, miten aiemmissa yhteenotoissa on käynyt.

Punaiset viivat osoitetaan selvästi paitsi hepreaksi myös arabiaksi. Uskottavuutta vahvistetaan ryhtymällä rajoitettuihin hyökkäystoimiin sen osoittamiseksi, jos pelin sääntöjä on rikottu.

Ongelmaksi ovat muodostuneet yksinäiset sudet, joihin pelotteen soveltaminen on vaikeampaa. Yksinäisten susien iskujen kohdalla pelotteeksi on kehitetty iskun tehneiden sukulaisten ja muun yhteisön kotien tuhoaminen.

Israel on hyvin tietoinen, että joskus strategia epäonnistuu ja Israelin kansalaisia kuolee. Israel pitää pelotestrategiaa siitä huolimatta parempana vaihtoehtona uhkien torjumiseen kuin muita vaihtoehtoja.

Obama epäonnistui
Professori kertoo, että jos hän vetäisi ensi lukuvuonna yliopistossa strategian peruskurssia, hän pyytäisi oppilaitaan arvioimaan, miksi Yhdysvaltain yritys pelotteelle epäonnistuu.

Yhdysvaltain presidentti Barack Obama sanoi joulukuussa Pariisin terroristi-iskujen jälkeen, että Isisin johtajille lähetetään selvä viesti: "Jos iskette amerikkalaisia vastaan, teillä ei ole turvallista paikkaa maailmassa".

Jos professorin oppilaat eivät osaisi vastata, miksi Obaman pelote ei toimi, oppilaat eivät pääsisi kurssista läpi.

Allison kertoo artikkelissaan, mikä Yhdysvaltain pelotteessa on vikana. Ensinnäkin Yhdysvalloilla on jo käynnissä ilmaiskujen kampanja Isisiä vastaan. Ei ole mahdollista uhata kostolla, jos kosto on jo käynnissä. Lisäksi Obama on vakuuttanut, että Yhdysvallat tekee jo kaikkensa tuhotakseen Isisin. Siksi pelote on tyhjä.

Professori Allison suosittaa Yhdysvaltain tulevaa presidenttiä ja hänen hallintoaan perehtymään tarkkaan Israelin puolustusstrategiaan.

– Ei ole liian myöhäistä aloittaa keskustelua siitä, miten Israelin turvallisuusyhteisön oppimat kokemukset voivat rikastuttaa Yhdysvaltojen toimenpiteiden kirjoa terrorismia vastaan sodassa, josta on tulossa hyvin pitkä.

Israeli battle planes perform joint military exercise within the US
8 battle planes and refueling jets participated in a joint exercise between the Israeli Air Force and the American Air Force. During the maneuver, the pilots simulated warlike situations in one of the most challenging and prestigious drills in the world.

Israeliplanes81016.jpg

The American and Israeli Air Force held a joint exercise in the State of Nevada. The documentation that was published today showed Israeli battle planes and refueling jets participating in the exercise. Israel sent to a US Air Force Base eight F-15 and F-16 battle planes and a Boeing 707 refueling aircraft. For two weeks, Israeli Air Force pilots will train with experts from around the world in one of the most prestigious and challenging war exercises in the world.

In the exercise, Israeli teams will train with flying partners in unknown areas and in a foreign language. They will fight against aerial systems such as those utilized in Syria, Iran and by Hezbollah. The training will include dozens of different aircraft including battle planes, refueling jets, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles. Dozens of anti-aircraft and enemy planes wait to prevent the international forces from completing their mission.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...-planes-perform-exercise-within-the-us-22890

Analyysiä Hamasista:

2 years after Operation Protective Edge: Is Hamas on the verge of collapse?
30 years after its establishment, Hamas is facing many simultaneous crises: the disconnect from the Arab world, the tense relations with Fatah, 40 thousand officials who don’t receive salaries and a majority of Gaza residents who are dependent on humanitarian aid all cast a shadow on the organization's future.

Hamas, which set out to establish itself as a religious alternative to Fatah and focused on terror against Israel during the days of the First Intifada, is already worn out from its battles with Israel but refuses to relinquish power. While Israel and Gaza mark two years since Operation Protective Edge, which ended with no notable achievements other than a ceasefire, the American magazine Newsweek took to summing up the current condition of Hamas in Gaza and in general.

According to Newsweek, Hamas is currently in the midst of at least four different crises: an economic crisis of a magnitude the Gaza Strip has not faced since Hamas’s takeover in 2007; a political crisis due to Hamas’s rivalry with Fatah, which threatens its standing in the Palestinian arena; a conflict with Egypt and other Arab states that has deepened since the Arab Spring; and, of course, the ramifications of the ongoing conflict with Israel.

1hamas200886.jpg
Hamas has been able to increase its influence amidst the crises Photo Credit: Reuters / Channel 2 News
All these factors put together seem to point to the fact that Hamas has reached a dead end, but the organization has found ways to deal with the challenges it faces through temporary alliances and partnerships and through the political and military tools at its disposal such as terror, an array of political connections and a mechanism for recruiting members and raising funds. Through these, Hamas has been able to survive and even strengthen its military power and influence in the Palestinian arena amidst the crises – at least thus far.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...ions/is-hamas-on-the-verge-of-collapse-23096

Back