Ukrainan konflikti/sota

Hours after Vladimir Putin shocked Russia by announcing the first mobilisation since the second world war, Oleg received his draft papers in the mailbox, ordering him to make his way to the local recruitment centre in Kazan, the capital of the Tatarstan republic.

As a 29-year-old sergeant in the Russian reserves, Oleg said he always knew that he would be the first in line if a mobilisation was declared, but held out hope that he would not be forced to fight in the war in Ukraine.

“My heart sank when I got the call-up,” he said. “But I knew I had no time to despair.”

He quickly packed all his belongings and booked a one-way ticket to Orenburg, a southern Russian city close to the border with Kazakhstan.

“I will be driving across the border tonight,” he said in a telephone interview on Thursday from the airport in Orenburg. “I have no idea when I’ll step foot in Russia again,” he added, referring to the jail sentence Russian men face for avoiding the draft.

Oleg said he will leave behind his wife, who is due to give birth next week. “I will miss the most important day of my life. But I am simply not letting Putin turn me into a killer in a war that I want no part in.”

Raskaana oleva vaimo sai jäädä kotiin kun nuori mies paineli rajalle, aikomuksena tulla takaisin sitten joskus. Ihan oikeasti Suomalaiset päättäjät, ei niillä rajanylitulijoilla ole aikomustakaan mennä takaisin.

Direct flights from Moscow to Istanbul, Yerevan, Tashkent and Baku, the capitals of countries allowing Russians visa-free entry, were sold out for the next week, while the cheapest one-way flight from Moscow to Dubai cost about 370,000 rubles (£5,000) – a fee too steep for most.

And so many, like Oleg, were forced to get creative and drive to some of the few land borders still open to Russians.

Border guards in Finland, the last EU country that still allows entry to Russians with tourist visas, said that they have noticed an “exceptional number” of Russian nationals seeking to cross the border overnight, while eyewitnesses also said the Russian-Georgian and Russian-Mongolian borders were “collapsing” with overwhelming traffic.
“I understand people’s frustration,” said Igor, a 26-year-old IT professional from St Petersburg, who is planning to fly to Vladikavkaz and drive to Georgia, another popular fleeing route used by Russians, next week. “I attended the anti-war protest when Putin launched his invasion, but the authorities just jail everyone.”

Some of the protesters detained in Moscow have subsequently been given draft notices while locked up, according to the monitoring group OVD, further underlying the dangers average Russians face when taking to the streets.

“I think the only way I can personally help Ukraine right now is by not fighting there,” Igor said.

Kiinnosti kuinka paljon huoltoon per kärki noilla menee rahaa. Yksi erottuu joukosta...

budjetti, mrd​
kärkiä​
per kärki, mln​
USA​
44.2​
3750​
11.8​
Kiina​
11.7​
350​
33.4​
Venäjä​
8.6​
5976​
1.4​
Ranska​
5.9​
290​
20.3​
UK​
6.8​
225​
30.2​
Intia​
1​
160​
6.3​
Pakistan​
1​
165​
6.1​
Viimeisimmät luvut löytyvät täältä: https://www.icanw.org/squandered_2021_global_nuclear_weapons_spending_report

Täydennän tuota taulukkoa
Intia2,316014,4
Pakistan1,11656,7
Israel1,29013,3
Pohjois Korea0,642032,1

Nukejen ylläpidossa auttaa iso lukumäärä. Joukosta erottuvat Venäjä ja Pakistan, jotka käyttävät vuodessa reilusti alle 10 miljoonaa / ydinkärki.

Muilla yhden toimintakelpoisen ydinkärjen ylläpito maksaa noin 10-30 miljoonaa dollaria / vuosi.
Strateginen ICBM on luonnollisesti monin verroin kalliimpi ylläpitää, kuin pieni taktinen kärki.

Jos Venäjällä raha menee ihan oikeasti ylläpitoon, niin toimivia ydinaseita saattaisi olla 100 - 200, joka sekin on kyllä ihan riittävän huolestuttava määrä.

Mistä helvetistä ryssien ydintuhofantasiat oikein kumpuaa ? Solovjov ja se karmean näköinen akkajuontaja on sönköttäneet että tulkoon ydinsota niin oikeamieliset Pyhän Venäjän asialla olevat slaavit pääsevät kaikki taivaaseen. Tuolla kansalla täytyy olla ihan helvetin paska itsetunto. Ja Putlerin täytyy olla ihan uskomattoman pienimunainen ukko.
Jospa ryssä on kyllästynyt kurjaan elämäänsä ja päättänyt itsemurhassa viedä mukanaan koko maailman.

Montako kertaa se meinaa peräkkäisinä päivinä loikata? Olisko keskiviikkona eka kerta kun samaa trollailtiin.
Ryhtynyt harrastamaan kolmiloikkaa! Tupakki- ja futismies!

No, loogisempi loikkaamisen kohde olis U.K. jossa tytär Yekaterina Sergeyevna Vinokurovalla oli murju. Vai olisiko sittenkään järkevää, kun Britanniassa saa nykyään niin saatanan pahaa teetä (Sic!)

Kysyin 30kymppiseltä moskovalaiselta kollegalta mielipiteitä ja ihan umpi zryssäksihän se neiti paljastui. "Vastustan sotaa, koko maailma on kriisissä. Ukraina on provosoinut venäjää jo vuosia eivätkä halunneet rauhaa. Luotan presidenttimme!". Tämä siis tohtorintutkinnon suorittaneelta ja paljon lännessä matkustavalta englannintaitoiselta suht nuorelta ihmiseltä. Suksikoon vittuun.

“It’s not a partial mobilisation, it’s a 100% mobilisation,” said Alexandra Garmazhapova, president of the Free Buryatia Foundation, an activist group that has reported on the draft in the region. In the past day, she said, she and her colleagues had received and identified more than 3,000 reports of povestka, or draft papers, being delivered in Buryatia within just 24 hours of Vladimir Putin announcing the draft.

Despite assurances that Russia would be seeking men who had recently served in the army and had combat experience, activists pointed to a number of cases of men in their 50s receiving draft notices.

One woman said a 52-year-old relative had been delivered a povestka shortly before the president announced the draft the previous day.
“‘Don’t you have five children?’ they asked him. My husband laughed and said ‘yes, five kids’. ‘Well, OK, expect your draft papers,’” she said.

“I understand that we have a quota. Our republic needs to gather 4,000 soldiers,” said Nimayeva in a video addressed to the regional governor. “But some parameters and principles of this partial mobilisation must be observed.”
olisiko kyse tässä LKPssa että putleri haluaa ryöstää sen mikä on jäljellä eläkekassasta?

Kuulemma Putelle on omat jo esitelleet kauhuskenaarion.

– Pääkysymys on, miksi liikekannallepanon ja kansanäänestysten kanssa tuli näin kiire? On loogista olettaa, että on tapahtunut jotain, mistä emme tiedä, mutta mikä laukaisi nämä päätökset. Yksi asia on Putinille tullut selväksi: sodasta poistuminen Moskovan ehdoilla on mahdotonta. Myös voitto taistelukentällä on mahdotonta. Ainoastaan venäläinen ruletti on mahdollista.

Oma veikkaus on, että Putin joutui pistämään liikekannallepanon kiireesti toimeen, koska ryssän sotajoukot Ukrainassa ovat romahtamassa sisältäpäin. Sota on kestänyt jo seitsemän kuukautta. Sotilaille pitäisi järjestää toimiva rotaatio kun suorituskyky ja jaksaminen alkaa olla totaalisen loppu jossain 3-5 kuukauden yhtenäisen sotimisen jälkeen. Tuo aika miten kauan joukot kestävät ilman rotaatiota taisteluita riippuu siitä, että miten ne omat joukot pärjäävät ja miten vahva kuolemanpelko vallitsee. Ryssän joukot ovat ottaneet pataan kerta toisensa jälkeen Ukrainassa ja alkaa olla jo puolet heidän porukastaan päätynyt ukrainalaisten peltojen lannoitteeksi tai omaan kenttäkreamatorioon tai vammautuneina sairaalaan.

Nehän yli jaksamisen viedyt joukot tekevät runsaasti virheitä eikä yksinkertaisetkaan asiat enää onnistu. Mahdollisesti myös kieltäytyvät tottelemasta käskyjä ja niskuroivat ja kapinoivat.

Sitä en tiedä mitä ne uudet kouluttamattomat tykinruokajoukot auttavat asiaan. Nehän ottavat perusteellisesti pataan jos niille annetaan puolustusvastuu ryssien valloittamilla asemilla ja päästetään puoli vuotta sotineet lomalle. Täydennysmiehinäkään niistä tuskin on sen enempää iloa kun eivät osaa mitään ja tappio mielialan vain oppivat pidempään taistelleilta ryssiltä.

Ukraina kun nyt vain pitää lihamyllyn päällä ja antaa sopivasti jatkuvaa painetta ryssien miehitysjoukoille, niin aika siinä pelaa joka päivä Ukrainan hyväksi eikä ryssäjoukkojen rotaatiota voi järjestää vieläkään. Sitten vaikka talven tultua kun alkavat ryssät jäätyä kuoliaaksi ja nääntyä nälkään niin pistää isompaa vaihetta silmään ja tekee niistä ryssäjoukoista perusteellisesti pellonlannoitetta.

Putinkin on narsisti ja luonnehäiriöinen, että siitä aiheutuvia heikkouksia voi Ukraina hyödyntää tehokkaasti kun ei pysty sen vuoksi rationaalisia päätöksiä tekemään.

Mielenkiintoinen tämä "osittainen liikekannallepano" ja nyt tulevat viestit energiateollisuuden ja ilmailun työntekijöiden siirrosta palvelukseen.

Tarkoituksellisesti viedään pohjaa normaalin yhteiskunnan toiminnalta sotatilassakin, varsinkin energiateollisuuden osalta. Aeroflotin henkilöstön käytössä on edes hiven tolkkua, jos se käytetään ilmavoimien tarpeisiin eikä tykinruuaksi.

Tulee vaan valitettavasti fiilis, että nyt heitettiin todellisuudessa all-in ja päätyyn mennään..

Reflecting on a recent discussion he had with Putin , he told PBS: “He is actually showing he is willing to end this as soon as possible. That was my impression because the way things are going is quite problematic.”

Erdoğan is not the first world leader to end a meeting with Putin with a misleading impression, but Turkey is also facing other pressures.

The country’s banks are under growing sanctions pressure from the US to decouple from Russia. Two private institutions, DenizBank and Isbank, suspended use of the Russian payment system Mir this week after Washington expanded its sanctions on Russia, including targeting the head of the entity that runs Mir. Turkey is never going to be cut off from Russia economically, but business as usual is over.
India’s prime minister, Narendra Modi, whom the the French president, Emmanuel Macron, praised lavishly this week for telling Putin to his face that this was not a time for war, is being urged to follow his comments up with concrete action.

There has been a lot of impatience with India’s refusal to take sides, or what Delhi likes to call juggling balls on a high wire. Jen Psaki, then the White House press secretary, urged the country in mid-March to reflect on “where you want to stand when history books are written at this moment in time”.

India’s external affairs minister, S Jaishankar only referred to Ukraine tangentially at a session at Columbia University this week, but suggested his country had reappraised its attitude toward the US.

“For almost 50 years, for various reasons – I’m not saying we were at fault, or the US was at fault – but the fact was we regarded the US with suspicion, with a lot of wariness,” he said. “It was a very substantive relationship, but the overall foreign policy assessment of the US was of deep caution, if not of deep suspicion.

“It has taken us a lot of effort to overcome the earlier assumptions in order to forge a different relationship with the US and one of the big differences which PM Modi has made … he has not carried ideological baggage, he’s not a person who is rooted in a certain worldview which makes you fundamentally distant from the US.”

That has been reflected in India’s approach to Ukraine, where it has taken small steps away from neutrality.

Back