Ukrainan konflikti/sota

Superyachts seek safe havens. Property portfolios dissolve. Lawyers are engaged, accountants contracted. Politicians confect plausible denials over ostentatious donations. Tory party co-chairman Ben Elliot deletes online boasts of his company’s “15 years’ experience providing luxury lifestyle management services to Russia’s elite and corporate members”. It seems there were oligarchs everywhere, all along. We’ve been living in an oligarchy, and no one knew, except all the silenced journalists and stifled inquiries that tried to tell us.

Six years ago, after meeting him at a urinal, I briefly befriended the now penitent oligarch Roman Abramovich. Ten songs into a brilliant set by Americana legends the Long Ryders at Under the Bridge, the venue attached to the football ground Abramovich owned, I dashed to the gents, just after Ivory Tower and during The Light Gets in the Way, my prostate gland and my enthusiasm for plangent country rock in mortal combat.

“That Ivory Tower song is so good. We do live in an Ivory Tower,” the urinating oligarch next to me moaned drunkenly in an anglicised Russian accent, “And an Ivory Tower can fall down, any time, my friend! Fantasticheskiy!” And with that, the edified oligarch began to weep hot tears that splashed down into the urinal bowl, diluting the champagne-flavoured micturate his tiny penis had squirted weakly there. I am not a fan of football, kleptocracies or smelting. I did not know I was being addressed by the oligarch, and newly converted Long Ryders fan, Roman Abramovich.

:LOL:

After the war in Ukraine led German chancellor Olaf Scholz to pivot dramatically last week on his country’s postwar creeds of faith, attention is shifting to his predecessors, who took Germany down a strategic path towards Russia that became a dead end.

The conflict in the east has caused a seismic shift in Germany, where Scholz has made a U-turn on a restrictive stance on weapons exports, announced huge increases in military spending and vowed to wean the country off Russian gas.

Since then, all eyes have been on Gerhard Schröder, the unrepentant ex-chancellor who in his final weeks in power shook hands with Vladimir Putin to ratify the Nord Stream pipeline underneath the Baltic Sea. Just weeks later, Schröder slipped effortlessly through the revolving door to become chairman of Nord Stream. The resultant increase in Germany’s reliance on Russian energy, politicians in Berlin now concede, may have led Putin to believe Germany would be too hamstrung to support concerted economic sanctions.

Hyvä että he käyvät tämän keskustelun nyt. Niin meidänkin pitää tehdä, eikä pelätä sitä sylttymäärää mikä saattaa ilmaantua päivänvaloon. Ihmisten pitää nähdä että pesemme kätemme putlerista ja venäjän propagandasta, vaikka tekisi kipeää.

Liian kaukana sisämaassa. Pohjois-Helsingin päällä. Tälleen kehä-3:sen pohjoispuolelta katsottuna
Ne samat contrailit näkyivät myös Kirkkonummi-Siuntio-Inkoo -näkövinkkelistä ja ne oli tuolla jossain meren päällä ja pirun korkealla. Koneita ei erottanut paljaalla silmällä. Kaksi contrailia tuli vastaan, toinen veti suoraan ylös ja katosi, toinen jatkoi suoraan itään. En nähnyt u-käännöksiä. Eli täältä rantatieltä katsoen eivät menneet sisämaassa ollenkaan. Näkyvyys oli superhyvä, joten vaikea arvioida kuinka kaukana, mutta jos se ylös vetänyt näkyi jossain itästadissakin niin hyvä oli näkyvyys, se oli meinaan täältä katsoen vielä lännemmässä. Mitään hornettien tuttua metakkaa ei kuulunut missään kohtaa. Vaimeaa suihkarin ääntä tuli hetken aikaa.

Hyvä että he käyvät tämän keskustelun nyt. Niin meidänkin pitää tehdä, eikä pelätä sitä sylttymäärää mikä saattaa ilmaantua päivänvaloon. Ihmisten pitää nähdä että pesemme kätemme putlerista ja venäjän propagandasta, vaikka tekisi kipeää.
Mitähän Tarja Halonen tällä hetkellä tuumaa? Haastattelu olis kovaa kamaa.

Back