Uutisia Israelista

Mielenkiintoinen haastattelu entiseltä Shin Betin johtajalta Avi Dichterilta (MK, Likud) Venajän ja Israelin intressien divergenssistä ja Venäjän 'pysyvyydestä' lähi-Idässä:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/dichter-israel-and-russia-hold-diverging-views-on-mideast/

Dichter emphasized that it is important to understand that Russia’s renewed interest in the region, amid a pull-back from the United States under President Barack Obama, is by no means temporary, as “it did not return to the Middle East with military capabilities in the air and at sea only to ‘show off’ and then leave.”

“The new neighbor did not come here only to rent an apartment, he came here to build a villa,” Dichter cautioned.

It is not yet clear what policy changes, if any, will come to pass under President-elect Donald Trump, but the brash billionaire has indicated that under his administration, US policy on Syria might align more with Russia’s.

Israelin arabien värväytyminen IDF:ään lisääntynyt

Israeli-Arab IDF soldiers: “I was moved at the end of basic training when I vowed to the Kuran”

Over the past few years, the IDF has reported a significant increase in Israeli-Arabs enlinsting. On the one hand, it turns out to be a huge success and the soldiers are proud to serve their country, their social statuses increase and they receive economic advantages. On the other hand, they face serving in the West Bank where they are called “traitors” and the homecoming reception in their villages is more than complicated.

lohamim_aravim1.jpg
Jewish, Christian and Muslim IDF soldiers at their swearing in ceremony Photo Credit: Channel 2 News
A majority of the IDF soldiers emotionally moved at the end of the 585th Reconnaissance Battalion’s basic training completion ceremony this year were Israeli-Arabs. The battalion that in the past was mostly made up of Bedouin soldiers has received the honor of taking on a surprising new Israeli sector: Christian and Muslim Arabs who decided to enlist into the IDF.

“So far, the most moving thing that has happened to me in the army is when I finished basic training and swore over the Kuran,” Sergeant Youssef Salutta said. “There was someone next to me who swore over the Torah. It is good that I vow over the Koran and I am an Arab Muslim in the army. It moves me that we are not from the same religion, but we all live in the same country.”

“The Second Lebanon War occurred when I was in the 12thgrade,” Captain Ruhi Dabs, an Arab Christian, tells. “Two missiles fell in the city and killed Arabs, as well. That’s when it hit me: Terror does not differentiate between blood, religion or anything else. I told myself that I must take part in the war against terror.”

The percentage of recruits within Arab society, which constitutes a fifth of the Israeli population’s recruits, stands at 1%. However, over the past three years, there has been a significant increase that comes close to ten times more Arab Muslims and Christians who decide to enlist into the IDF.

lohamim_aravim.jpg
Combat soldiers within the IDF’s Sword Battalion Photo Credit: IDF Spokesperson Unit/Channel 2 News
For the past 30 years, the battalion was stationed on the Gazan, Egyptian and Lebanese borders with Israel. However, this year for the first time, the IDF decided that the 585th Reconnaissance Battalion will also serve in the West Bank. “We understand the mentality, we know how to work and we understand the language,” explained Captain Dabs.

While the soldiers have positive experiences serving in the IDF, they also receive much criticism while on duty, as some Palestinians call them “traitors.” Yet they are not called “traitors” only in the West Bank. Sometimes when the Arab IDF soldiers return home for the weekend dressed in uniform, their neighbors in the village will shout vulgar words at them. “Someone in the village once called me a traitor, spit on me and threatened that if he saw me in uniform again, he would break my legs,” said one female Israeli-Arab soldier.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...ne&utm_campaign=EveningNewsletter+-+Recurring

Näin jenkeissä...

US Army makes history with first female tank operator

While the IDF is debating whether to integrate women into additional combat positions, the US Army has made history by allowing a woman to serve as a tank operator.

In Israel, debates on whether women should be allowed to serve as combat soldiers in the IDF Armored Corps continue while the United States has already established facts on the ground. This past week, Sergeant First Class Erin Smith became the first female tank operator in the US Army. Smith is currently a frontline combat soldier in the world's most advanced tank unit "Abrams" with the Idaho National Guard.

"I was interested in the idea of being an Army tanker long before talk about integration so when the opportunity came up, I decided to go for it," Smith said in a statement. "Any doubts I had about not being accepted or being treated different I no longer have. My peers, the leadership and instructors throughout the training have all been extremely supportive."

The unit in which Smith serves has in the past been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. In the last decade, about 280,000 women served in the US Armed Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan in a number of positions and duties.

... mutta Israelissa vaikeampaa

Last week, the IDF reported a decrease in the number of men who enlist and are motivated to serve in combat positions. Thus, there are debates on whether to allow women to serve in additional combat positions. A senior-level IDF official said that the army has opened an inquiry into the possibility of integrating women into four new positions that until now were closed to them: the Armored Corps, the navy's new combat ships, heavy equipment (D-9) operators and special Israeli Air Force unit 669.

RonTalArmy.jpg

Ron Tal calls integration a "scandal" Photo Credit: Channel 2 News

The senior-level official emphasized that the decision has not been finalized yet and that the IDF is reviewing the matter with regards to crossing enemy lines. The IDF is also reviewing whether women have the physiological capabilities in order to handle the situations commonly faced by the soldiers in these positions.

Yet, not everyone is happy with the discussions regarding the possible integration of women. When it was announced that the IDF will test the integration of women into the Armored Corps, there were objections. Former Commander of Ground Forces and Reserve Major General Yiftach Ron Tal said he is strongly against these moves as they will weaken the IDF. In an interview with Israel Army Radio, he stated that the integration of women into the Armored Corps is "a scandal that will hurt all imaginable possibilities and even the IDF's own capabilities."

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...ary/us-armys-first-female-tank-operator-24910

Nyt tulevat alokkaatkin kokoavat vetoomusta, ettei naisia otettaisi taistelujoukkoihin

Future IDF soldiers petition against female integration into new combat units
In light of new proposals to integrate women into more combat units, a petition gains support among future male soldiers, calling on the Commander in Chief to cancel them. IDF awaits the petition in order to respond.

tankIDF.jpg

New proposals call for integrating women into tank units Photo Credit: Reuters/Channel 2 News

Young 18-year-olds from military preparatory programs before their draft, wrote a letter of petition to the Commander in Chief of the Israel Defense Forces, Gadi Eizenkot calling on him to cancel the new directives to integrate female soldiers into the Armored Corps and other combat units. The letter was revealed yesterday and is due to be delivered to the Commander in Chief in the coming days.

The organizers of the petition claim that hundreds have already signed the petition over the last few days. "We the students who await our draft for military service are obligated to maintain the Jewish values and beliefs upon which we were raised," wrote the young soldiers-to-be.

"The new directives for new mixed units will make it very difficult for anyone who wants to have a meaningful service in the IDF while maintaining a religious lifestyle," they added.

The letter concluded with, "We call on you, as Commander in Chief, to cancel this new directive for mixed units and to strengthen the Military Rabbinate's standing; to save the IDF from foreign values that weaken the spirit of victory and in this way allow many of us to have a meaningful service."

In light of this petition, the IDF says they will respond once it arrives. "The directive for co-ed units is designed to maintain the IDF as a national army," the IDF stated. "It was done to elicit equality, respect and tolerance for each soldier, male or female, and with the spirit of the IDF. The petition has yet to be received but we will respond once it does."

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...petition-against-new-co-ed-combat-units-24926

Voi ei, taas suunnaton katastrofi (TM) kohtaa palestiinan arabeja...
Ainakin minä feilaan ymmärtämästä mikä katastrofi se on, sinä varman osaat selittää muslimien hätä? Miten asia toimii täällä länsimaissa missä kukaan ei karju tornista, miksi se ei ole länsimaissa asuville muslimeille katastrofi?

Ainakin minä feilaan ymmärtämästä mikä katastrofi se on, sinä varman osaat selittää muslimien hätä? Miten asia toimii täällä länsimaissa missä kukaan ei karju tornista, miksi se ei ole länsimaissa asuville muslimeille katastrofi?

Ammattiharmistujille ™ se on vaikea asia kun ei saa ulvoa minareetista.

Onko juutalaisella uskonnolla jotain tekemistä tämän myrskyn vesilasissa kohun kanssa?
Nyt entiset naissotilaat puolustavat yhteisyksiköiden lisäämistä.

Female former combat soldier: “I worked hard just like all the male combat soldiers”
In light of the public debate regarding the incorporation of women in additional IDF combat units, Channel 2 News interviewed a few female former combat soldiers. “I worked hard just like all the male combat soldiers in my unit,” said one of them.
formercombatwomen22_11.jpg

Female former combat soldiers Photo Credit: Channel 2 News

The public debate regarding the integration of women into additional IDF combat units continues. This morning (Tuesday), JOL reported that male students from various military preparatory programs wrote a letter to IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eizenkot, calling on him to cancel the new directives to integrate female soldiers into the Armored Corps and other combat units. In light of this development, Channel 2 Online interviewed several female combat reservists in regards to the topic.

“I worked hard just like all the male combat soldiers in my unit,” said Captain (res.) Shiraz Danino, who served as a combat soldier in the IDF Artillery Corps. “I was the subordinate and commander of male soldiers and female soldiers. We were weeks together in the field and we were together in training. We protected the borders while experiencing absolute equality.”

Danino also spoke about the rest of the women who served with her: “I was lucky to be surrounded by wonderful women, powerful women, women who were motivated by a full sense of service with all the yearning to be a combat soldier and contribute to the country.”

“I served side by side with men, shooting next to one another,” recalled Sherry Yehudit, a former combat soldier in the Caracal Battalion, the IDF’s first co-ed unit. “I really believe in this, that women can enlist into the Armored Corps.”

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...ond-to-protests-against-new-co-ed-units-24937

Merkava katolleen louhikkoon Ortalin lähellä, Quneitra-Safad tien varrella (noin).

IDF soldier killed as tank flips over in Golan Heights

The late IDF Sergeant Ido Ben Ari was killed and three others from his team were slightly injured as their tank flipped over in the Golan Heights when for some unknown reason, it veered left and went on top of a mound of stones.

hitaphut_tank2.jpg

The tank went on top of a mound, flipped over and crushed him Photo Credit: Channel 2 News

Last night (Wednesday), an IDF soldier was killed and three others from his team were slightly injured in a tank accident. The incident occurred near Ortal in the Golan Heights when their tank flipped over. Four aid teams were dispatched to the scene.

The tank flipped over during the IDF Armored Corps 9th Battalion’s night advancement from Revaya. For a reason still unknown, the tank veered left from the AFV axis ending up on top of a mound of stones and flipped 180 degrees back to the axis. The tank commander was crushed from the tank's force and the rest of the team was evacuated to a hospital slightly injured.

ido_benari.jpg

The late Sergeant Ido Ben Ari Photo Credit: Channel 2 News

The soldier killed was the late Sergeant Ido Ben Ari. Ido was a 20-year-old from Ramat HaSharon and was a tank commander in the 401st Brigade. His family was notified. The IDF is currently investigating the incident and has ordered a training cessation for the Armored Corps for Sunday for learning purposes.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...ary/idf-soldier-killed-in-tank-accident-24966

Ja sitten tulee loput 187 miljoonaa arabia...

"Tel_Aviv_IsBurning" was the most common Arabic hashtag trending on Arab social media platforms on Thursday morning.

One of the most proliferous tweets was published by a police officer in Abu Dabi that read "Israel has prevented the muezzin calls to prayer, and then it was engulfed in fire."

In addition social media networks in Egypt, Jordan and the Gulf emirates were also saturated with posts that indicated that the fires were nature's retribution over an controversial Israel billto ban outside loudspeakers from places of worship, such as the likes used in the five-time daily call to prayer by mosques.

The imam of Kuwait's Grand Mosque, Sheikh Mishary Alfasy Rashid, also chimed in issuing incendiary remarks to his following of 11 million on Twitter.

"Good luck to the fires. #Israel_IsBurning," he wrote in an Arabic Twitter post accompanied by a smiling face icon and various photographs of the daily fires across the country.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-C...ze-with-viral-Israeli-is-burning-posts-473538

Bastards.

Aika erikoista että tukku metsäpaloja Israelissa on koko Arabimaailman kuumin some-trendi satunnaisena torstaina... koska MUITA ONGELMIAHAN HEIDÄN UNIVERSUMISSAN EI OLE!
Ai niin, paitsi meillä Suomessa nyt... tulevat Suomenarabit katselivat ikävästi tänään terriereitäni Vantaalla... olimme sen verran kaukana himasta metsän toisella puolen että oli mahd

Ovatkohan palot osa uutta intifadaa. 2 palestiinalaista, jotka olivat Israelin puolella luvattomasti, on pidätetty palon sytyttämisestä. Netanjahu kutsuu palojen tahallaan sytyttämistä terrorismiksi.

Boeing 747-400 Supertanker saapui Israeliin – maailman suurin sammutuslentokone tositoimissa on vaikuttava näky

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000004883285.html
ISRAEL
Kymmenettuhannet ihmiset ovat joutuneet jättämään kotinsa Israelissa.
Israel on pyytänyt yhdysvaltalaista Boeing 747-400 Supertanker -lentokonetta auttamaan maata riivanneiden maastopalojen taltuttamisessa.

Amerikkalaista Boeing 747-400 Supertanker -lentokonetta pidetään maailman edistyksellisimpänä palosammutukseen erikoistuneena ilma-aluksena.

Yksi sen pääasiallisista tehtävistä on sammuttaa suuria maastopaloja, joita ei muilla keinoilla saada kuriin.

Maastopalot riehuvat Israelissa jo viidettä päivää. Kymmenettuhannet ihmiset ovat joutuneet pakenemaan kodeistaan palojen vuoksi.

Palojen leviämistä on edesauttanut normaalia kuivempi sää sekä voimakkaat itäiset tuulet.

Osan paloista epäillään olleen tahallaan sytytettyjä. Israelin turvallisuusjoukot on pidättänyt yli kymmenen palestiinalaista epäiltynä tuhopoltoista.

Ensimmäisenä Supertanker keskittyi sammuttamaan Jerusalemin ja Tel Avivin välissä käryävää aluetta.

e23dc56fd3574f57a59f5977960b2fb6.jpg

Matalalla lentävä maailman suurin sammutuslentokone on vaikuttava näky. (KUVA: JIM HOLLANDER)

American supertanker drops water over Nataf, returns to Ben Gurion Airport
The massive firefighting aircraft from the US carried out its first mission since arriving in Israel about 24 hours ago. After it circled above the sea several times, it dropped water over Nataf three times.

Video linkissä http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...ts-lead-ground-forces-to-arson-suspects-24995

The fifth day of the wave of fires in Israel is nearing its end. Just a few hours before sundown, the American supertanker, the largest and only firefighting aircraft that can operate during the night, took off this afternoon (Saturday) for its first mission in Israel.

After it circled above the sea several times, the Boeing 747 Supertanker started to operate above the Judean Mountains, dropping water over Nataf three times before it made its way back to Ben Gurion Airport. The water was dropped over an area filled with coal in order to prevent the flames from reigniting.

After assessing the situation, Jerusalem District Police Commander Yoram Halevy decided to send the aircraft to the area of Israel’s capital city in an attempt to prevent future threats to Highway 1.

Despite his decision to use the supertanker, Halevy clarified that he actually disagrees with using the massive aircraft at this moment because all the fires throughout the country are currently contained. However, it appears that Halevy was under great pressure to use the aircraft that was brought to Israel in order to help the country deal with the wave of fires.

workinginsisraelsupertanker26_11.jpg

The supertanker over Nataf Photo Credit: Yochi Cohen/Channel 2 News

Earlier today, JOL reported that the giant aircraft from Colorado Springs was the 21st foreign plane to arrive in Israel since the beginning of the fires.

Golanilla ammuttiin taas. 4 Jarmukin marttyyria saivat mitä halusivat.
Tulittivat Israelin partiota ja saivat marttyyrikuoleman?!

YK-joukot eivät ole ryhmittyneinä tuolla niin kuin silloin kun itse siellä partioin.

Golan Heights: ISIS-affiliated terrorists in Syria fire shots at IDF soldiers
Members of a terrorist organization affiliated with ISIS in Syria fired gunshots at IDF soldiers in the Golan Heights. In response, the IDF soldiers returned fire and an Israeli Air Force aircraft was scrambled. The IDF has launched an official investigation into this incident.

Nov 27, 2016, 2:20PM Becca Noy

F150820BAFF07.jpg

Illustration Photo Credit Basel Awidat/Flash 90

A serious incident occurred this morning (Sunday) in the southern Golan Heights when gunshots were fired at IDF soldiers in the area. No injuries were reported among the IDF soldiers. In addition, no damage was reported.

The gunshots were fired from near the fence on the Syrian side of the border. An IDF force from the Golani Brigade’s reconnaissance unit that was in the area returned fire after the soldiers spotted the source of the gunshots. The IDF is currently investigating the incident.

In addition to the soldiers’ response, an IAF aircraft was scrambled. According to the initial investigation, it appears that the four terrorists who fired at the soldiers belonged to the Yarmouk Martyrs’ Brigade, a terrorist organization located in the southern Syria that is affiliated with ISIS. The four terrorists were eliminated in the exchange of fire that included mortar shells. Prior to today, there had been no recorded incidents between the terrorist organization and IDF forces.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...-who-fired-at-soldiers-in-golan-heights-25006

Ainakin 23 tuhopoltosta epäiltyä pidätetty, Molotovin cocktaileja löydetty.

Watch: IAF pilots lead ground forces to arson suspects
A video released by the IDF Spokesperson's Unit shows how IAF pilots help capture suspected arsonists by spotting them from the air and leading the ground forces to them.

Katso video: http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news...ts-lead-ground-forces-to-arson-suspects-24995

Harmittaa että siellä tuhotaan ihmisten kotien lisäksi sitä työtä mitä Israel on tehnyt palauttaakseen luontoa siihen tilaan joka mahdollistaa elämän.

Back