Uutisia Yhdysvalloista

Sheriff's office: "We are finding many people hiding in locked areas at The Landing. We ask you to stay calm, stay where you are hiding. SWAT is doing a methodical search inside The Landing. We will get to you. Please don’t come running out. "

SWAT etsii järjestelmällisesti väkeä piiloistaan sisältä ja pyytää odottamaan, että tullaan luokse eikä ainakaan tulla juosten rynnäten ulos.

Maassa jossa aseiden kantaminen on oikeus, kannattaa myös hyödyntää sitä. Koska rosvot ei sitä noudata. Ala Chicago...

Chicagosta tuli mieleen.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/articl...icago-homicides-664-us-military-casualties-37
2017: Chicago Homicides Outnumber U.S. Military Casualties 18 to 1
By Michael W. Chapman | January 2, 2018 | 12:13 PM EST

screen_shot_2018-01-02_at_11.54.43_am.png

A homicide victim in Chicago.
(Screenshot, YouTube)
(CNSNews.com)
-- There were 664 homicides in Chicago in 2017 and, for comparison, 37 casualties in the U.S. military in its myriad operations around the globe. That's according to data from the Chicago Tribune and from the Department of Defense's press office.
The Chicago deaths are for the period Jan. 1, 2017 through Dec. 31, 2017; the military deaths are from Jan. 1, 2017 through Dec. 22, 2017, which is the latest update on casualties by the DoD posted so far. (There may have been a few more military casualties in December.)
From the data available, it shows that Chicago suffered 17.9 times more homicides than the U.S. military worldwide -- combat and non-combat related deaths -- last year.
screen_shot_2018-01-02_at_12.04.42_pm.png

A U.S. soldier firing a hand-held rocket launcher in Afghanistan.
(YouTube)

For Chicago, 664 homicides -- murders by shooting or other means (not including suicides) -- averages to 1.8 homicides every day of the year.
For the U.S. military, some of the deaths were combat related and some were non-combat related. For instance, the first death, on Jan. 7, 2017, was a non-combat related incident. Spc. Isiah L. Booker, of Cibolo, Texas, who was supporting Operation Inherent Resolve, died in the incident, which is under investigation.
On Jan. 29, 2017, Chief Special Warfare Operator William "Ryan" Owens, 36, of Peoria, Ill., died in "the Arabian Peninsula of Yemen, of wounds sustained in a raid against al-Qaida," said the DoD.
screen_shot_2018-01-02_at_11.58.01_am.png

A chart from 2016 comparing casualties in Iraq (4,504) and
Afghanistan (2,384) with homicides in Chicago (7,916)
from October 2001 through Sept. 6, 2016.
(YouTube, Chicago Tribune)

On April 8, 2017, Staff Sgt. Mark R. De Alencar, 37, of Edgewood, Md., was killed in the Nangarghar Province of Afghanistan when "his unit came in contact with enemy forces using small arms fire during combat operations," reported the DoD.
U.S. troops have been fighting in Afghanistan since October 2001, more than 16 years ago. U.S. troops have been in Iraq since March 2003, more than 14 years ago.
The Chicago homicides are monitored and documented by the Chicago Tribunestaff 24 hours a day, according to their website, "Crime in Chicagoland."

Kannattaa miettiä hieman näkövinkkeliä, sillä viidenmiljoonan asukkaan maasta ja muutamansadan asukkaan perähikiästä katseltuna noita tapahtumia on paljon , mutta jos katselee koko euroopan aluetta vertailukohtana pitäen saa oikeamman näkövikkelin, tekoja on suunnilleen yhtäpaljon mutta kalusto voi olla eri.

Lontoo ja New York ovat väestömääriltään aika samankokoisia.

Noin 27 100 000 tulosta (0,52 sekuntia)

Hakutulokset

Is London's murder rate really worse than New York's? | The ...

https://www.independent.co.uk › News › UK › CrimeKäännä tämä sivu
3.4.2018 - One way of looking at this is to see it not so much as London getting massively more violent, but rather New York achieving an astonishing drop ...

Why London Has More Crime Than New York - Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/.../why-london-has-more-crime-than-n...Käännä tämä sivu
19.6.2018 - When I lived in London in the early 2000s, violent crime was on the rise, the Underground was plagued by breakdowns and delays, much of the ...

Reality Check: Has London's murder rate overtaken New York's ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43628494Käännä tämä sivu
4.4.2018 - Statistics show that New York still appears to be more violent than London.

London murder rate overtakes New York's - BBC News - BBC.com

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43610936Käännä tämä sivu
2.4.2018 - A spike in violent crime in London saw more murders committed in the city in February and March than there were in New York, figures show.

London's murder rate now tops New York City's - USA Today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/.../londons...than-new-york.../480860002...
3.4.2018 - London's homicide rate has increased as the British capital experiences ... In 1990, by comparison, New York City counted more than 2,200 murders, ... Chicago, which has had high levels of violence for years, saw its murder ...

New York murder rate is much higher than London's, new figures ...

https://metro.co.uk › UK › Crime newsKäännä tämä sivu
15.7.2018 - The murder rate in London is still smaller than New York's (Picture: PA) ... there has beenmore murders in New York than London, despite it having a smaller ... A surge of violence in February saw police open up 18 homicide ...

Why is London more dangerous than New York? - Quora

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-London-more-dangerous-than-New-... - Käännä tämä sivu
Whoever suggested London is more dangerous than New York is presumably ... The less well-definedviolent crimes cited by the Telegraph are not comparable ...

London murder rate overtakes New York as knife crime rises | Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/.../london-murder-rate-overtakes-new-york...Käännä tämä sivu
3.4.2018 - London police investigated more murders than their New York ... statistics show, as the British capital's mayor vowed to fight a "violent scourge" ...

London now more dangerous than New York City, crime stats suggest

https://www.telegraph.co.uk › NewsKäännä tämä sivu
20.10.2017 - London is now more crime ridden and dangerous than New York City, with rape, robbery and violent offences far higher on this side of the ...

Eihän New York ole enää läheskään niin väkivaltainen kuin 70/80-luvuilla. Väärä kaupunki vertailuksi.

During the 1990s, crime rates in New York City dropped dramatically, even more than in the United States as a whole. Violent crime declined by more than 56 percent in the City, compared to about 28 percent in the nation as whole. Property crimes tumbled by about 65 percent, but fell only 26 percent nationally.
http://www.nber.org/digest/jan03/w9061.html

New York kehittynyt, Lontoo heikentynyt? Mielenkiintoista joka tapauksessa koska Briteissähän on varsin tiukat aselait. Silti ammuskelevat.

Bill Clintonin ja Boris Jeltsinin välisiä keskusteluja koskeva arkisto on julkaistu. Siellä on siis alunperin salaiset muistiinpanot heidän puhelin- ja kahdenkeskisistä keskusteluistaan. Osittain erittäin mielenkiintoisia. Jeltsin esim. kertoi jo syyskuussa 1999 Clintonille, että on valinnut Putinin seuraajakseen. Toisessa keskustelussa Jeltsin syyttää amerikkalaisia Tsetsenian kapinallisten kouluttamisesta ja aseistamisesta Turkissa sijaitsevilla leireillä. Ja yhdessä Jeltsin kertoo erottaneensa sotilaskomentajan, joka olisi halunnut lähettää joukkonsa Jugoslaviaan tukemaan Milosevicin joukkoja (noihin aikoihin NATO taisi olla pommittamassa niitä). Yhdessä keskustelussa Jeltsin pyytää Clintonia "antamaan Euroopan (ja Aasiankin) Venäjälle"(!!!). Alla muutama katkelma. Tuo alkuperäinen on yksi iiiso pdf-tiedosto, joten vähän hankalaa antaa sen tarkempia linkkejä yksittäisiin keskusteluihin.

President Yeltsin: Well, there is one commander in the Military District of the Far East, Colonel-General Chechevatov, who was going to get a battalion which would go to Yugoslavia to help Milosevic. I dismissed him from his post.
Shortly, in the next few days, you will have a meeting with Mr. Putin. Briefly at this time, I would like to tell you about him so you will know what kind of man he is. It took me a lot of time to think who might be the next Russian president in the year 2000. Unfortunately, at that time, I could not find any sitting candidate. Finally, I came across him, that is, Putin, and I explored his bio, his interests, his acquaintances, and so on and so forth. I found out he is a solid man who is kept well abreast of various subjects under his purview. At the same time, he is thorough and strong, very sociable. And he can easily have good relations and contact with people who are his partners. I am sure you will find him to be a highly qualified partner. I am very much convinced that he will be supported as a candidate in the year 2000.
President Yeltsin: Well, Bill, what about those camps here in Turkey that are preparing troops to go into Chechnya? Aren't you in charge of those? I have the details. Minister Ivanov, give me the map. I want to show you where the mercenaries are being trained and then being sent into Chechnya. They are armed to the teeth. (Note: Yeltsin pulls out map of Turkey and circulates it.). Bill, this is your fault.
President Yeltsin: ... I ask you one thing. Just give Europe to Russia. The U.S. is not in Europe. Europe should be the business of Europeans. Russia is half European and half Asian.

The President: So you want Asia too?

President Yeltsin: Sure, sure. Bill. Eventually, we will have to agree on all of this.

The President: I don't think the Europeans would like this very much.

President Yeltsin: Not all. But I am a European. I live in Moscow. Moscow is in Europe and I like it. You can take all the other states and provide security to them. I will take Europe and provide them security. Well, not I. Russia will.

Viimeksi muokattu:
The US is getting more diverse. As more Americans realize this new future, it is changing how cultural and political divides take shape. We live in an America where television programs, commercials, and movies are trying to represent a browner country; where Despacito, a Spanish-language song, tops the Billboard charts and where NFL players kneel during the national anthem to protest police brutality.

We live in an America where politicians on the right and left appeal to voters, with explicit references to race. And researchers are now able to pinpoint how these indirect and direct are shifting political ideology.

HeSa:
New York Times: Mikroaaltoase saattoi aiheuttaa USA:n Kuuban-suurlähetystön työntekijöiden oudot neurologiset oireet
Tutkijoiden mukaan salaperäisen ”äänihyökkäyksen” takana olisikin ollut mikroaaltoja hyödyntävä ase, joka aiheutti kuuloharhat ja neurologiset oireet.

YHDYSVALTOJEN Kuuban-suurlähetystön neurologisen oireilun aiheutti mikroaaltoase, väittää ryhmä tutkijoita.

Viime vuonna kerrottiin, että yli 20 yhdysvaltalaista diplomaattia ja heidän perheenjäsentään ovat vuoden 2016 lopusta alkaen kärsineet erilaisista neurologisista oireista, joiden aiheuttajaksi epäiltiin salaperäistä hyökkäystä.

Uhrien kerrottiin kärsivän muun muassa pysyvistä kuulovaurioista, kovasta päänsärystä, keskittymisvaikeuksista, tasapaino-ongelmista, pahoinvoinnista, aivojen turvotuksesta, tiettyjen sanojen unohtelusta ja jopa lievästä aivovauriosta. Samankaltaisia ongelmia on ollut myös useilla kanadalaisilla diplomaateilla ja heidän perheenjäsenillään.

Kuluvan vuoden toukokuussa Yhdysvaltojen Kiinan lähetystössä raportoitiin samankaltaisia oireita. Silloin Yhdysvaltain ulkoministeri Mike Pompeo vahvisti, että Kiinassa ilmi tullut tapaus ”muistuttaa lääketieteellisesti” Kuubassa paljastuneita tapauksia.

VIIME VUONNA neurologit arvioivat The Guardianissa, että kyse olisi vain psykosomaattisesta oireilusta. Nyt tapausta tutkineen ryhmän johtaja Douglas H. Smith kertoi kuitenkin The New York Timesissa, että tutkijat epäilevät mikroaaltoja oireiden aiheuttajaksi ja että on yhä selvempää, että hyökkäys aiheutti kudosvaurioita useiden diplomaattien aivoihin.

Lehden mukaan mikroaaltoase voisi näyttää satelliittiantennilta, jonka voisi piilottaa esimerkiksi pakettiautoon. Tutkijat eivät ota kantaa siihen, kuka voisi olla epätavallisen hyökkäyksen takana.

Useat The New York Timesin haastattelemat asiantuntijat pitävät mikroaaltoja todennäköisimpänä syynä diplomaattien kokemille kivuliaille äänille ja sairauksille. Tutkijat puhuvat ilmiöstä, joka voi huijata aivot kuulemaan tietyltä taajuudelta lähetetyt mikroaallot ääninä.

New York Timesin haastatteleman, ilmiön havainneen neurologi Allan Freyn mukaan Yhdysvaltojen liittovaltion tutkijat ovat käyneet kysymässä häneltä tietoa ilmiöstä. Frey kirjoitti jo vuonna 1961, että taajuudeltaan tiheät mikroaallot voivat aiheuttaa ääniharhoja.

Yhdysvaltojen ulkoministeriö ja FBI kieltäytyivät kommentoimaan lehdelle teoriaa mikroaaltohyökkäyksestä.

Aika ketkua. Tuon mukaan joku kehittelee säteilyasetta.

Back