Jotenkin ulkonäkö on idän veneiden suuntainenRanskan laivaston Barracuda-luokan ensimmäinen sukellusvene "Suffren" aloitti avovesitestit.
French Navy SSN ‘Suffren’ Performs Static Dive Test as Part of Initial Sea Trials
The French Navy (Marine Nationale)'s first-in-class nuclear-powered attack submarine (SSN) "Suffren" successfully completed its static dive test on April 28. The important procedure marks the start of sea trials for the Barracuda program.
Xavier Vavasseur 29 Apr 2020
- Surface displacement: 4,700 tonnes
- Diving displacement: 5,300 tonnes
- Length: 99 metres
- Diameter: 8.8 metres
- Maximum depth: > 350 meters
- Armament: naval cruise missiles, F21 heavy-weight wire-guided torpedoes, modernized Exocet SM39 anti-ship missiles
- Hybrid propulsion: pressurized water reactor derived from the reactors on board the Triomphant-type SSBN and Charles-de-Gaulle aircraft carrier, two propulsion turbines, two turbo generators and two electric motors
- Crew: 65 crew members + approx. 15 commandos
- Availability: > 270 days per year