Tykistö

Conformity, trying to experience as much of the language as possible. I like switching back and forth between Suomi and English to compare the words. Didn't expect so many questions, initially I wanted to just drop in with a link then disappear.

There is a choice, some are just voluntary and some require complicated sign up procedures and tests. All branches are under 2 years, Army is shortest at 18 months. With the job market the way it is ROTC programs are becoming popular in universities but I will just do my normal service and (if I was satisfied with my time in the army) when the time comes where my service comes close an end, I'm more than confident the Army will ask me to extend my contract and I could continue my career then, if I so choose.

We are suspicious, we want to know if you are Russian, North Korean or Chinese.

Maybe, but we do know that the Army doesn't have purchase authorization for much past 100 million range.
The whole Finnish Defence Forces uses 600 million per year for materiel.

We have to remember that this procurement will most likely continue into the 2020s. I am thinking of 2017-2024. 100 or or even 200 million divided by eight years is not that much.

It was a joke, I have a dry sense of humor.

You joke too much, buddy. :)

Anyway, 200 million for support/maintenance seems pretty high for a self-propelled howitzer deal. Do you think there is any possibility of starting a Finnish production line (on license) or something along those lines? (I know, it is very unlikely considering our monetary resources...)

If I continue a bit about this topic:

A domestic K9 production line would be awesome pretty fucking cool! After our old soviet 2S1 is replaced by K9 there is a need for D-30 replacement. And after that there may be a need to replace at least the older domestic 155 mm guns. They may be technically relevant in 2030s but their tactical importance will inevitably diminish. A slow production rate of 10 to 20 K9s a year would be a pretty interesting thought.

I'm just a Korean with interest in Military technology that has a good command of the English language and can use google translate. I look on other national forums as well but this is the first time I post so I hope I'm not being rude by forcing people to use English. I haven't served in the Korean Military just yet but I will be starting very soon. I'm very much not an expert.

:solthum:

Well, I am glad you came across this forum and decided to post. We could really use someone knowledgeable about South Korean military hardware.

At least I would be interested in hearing about KAI FA-50. I have read that there are plans to integrate Amraam and AESA radar but that was years ago and nothing new seems to have surfaced since then. Is there any advance in those areas? Considering that there is a miniature version of KEPD 350 in development it feels strange that the FA-50 is lacking an AESA radar and BVR-capability (I think the Phillippines got Sparrow for their FA-50s but that is a pretty old missile).

Then there is the K30 Biho's caliber. I know it is 30mm but is it 30x173mm or 30x165mm or something completely else?

Älytöntä. Suomalaiset keskustelevat keskenään englanniksi suomalaisella keskustelufoorumilla.

Älä ulise. Oli sentään jotain uutta tietoa kerrottavana.

Ja mieluummin englanniksi kuin rikkonaisella suomen ja ruotsin sekoituksella... :)

Jopa neljään patteristoon. Kaksi mekanisoiduille tst-osastoille ja toiset kaksi toivottavasti KARJPR:lle. Tai sitten yksi psto per etelän valmiusprikaati. Hyvinkin odotettu määrä.

Niin, patteristoon. :facepalm: Aivoni eivät oikein toimineet.

Olen nähnyt muuallakin mainittavan tuon hinnan noin 100k€ per GMLRS. Siinä ei vain ole tuo FMS-ilmoitus huomioiden mitään järkeä. Eihän tuollaisen kaluston koulutus ja huoltosysteemit voi maksaa 100 miljoonaa euroa. Joku heittää taas ja pahasti. Tuolla rahalla pitää saada vapaa valmistuslisenssi ja tehdas.

No mietipä Stingerin FMS-ilmoitusta... 330(?) miljoonaa dollaria 110 laukaisulaitteesta ja 600 (660?) ohjuksesta. Ei kuulostanut kovin järkevältä. Oma Stinger-tehdas olisi pitänyt saada tuolla rahalla.

We have to remember that this procurement will most likely continue into the 2020s. I am thinking of 2017-2024. 100 or or even 200 million divided by eight years is not that much.
Kokeilin etsiä tilausvaltuutusta. Ei tullut vastaan tälle. Jenkkikaman kokonaishinnasta saa aina hajun kun pitää pyytää lupa etukäteen.
Tässä tuo Pasivirran noin sata miljoonaa antaa kuvan ettei 200 miljoonaa tee mieli kovin herkästi heitellä ilmaan.

Mistä se tuotantolinja ilmestyi tähänkin keskusteluun? Kun tiedossa on, että käytettyä haetaan.

No mietipä Stingerin FMS-ilmoitusta... 330(?) miljoonaa dollaria 110 laukaisulaitteesta ja 600 (660?) ohjuksesta. Ei kuulostanut kovin järkevältä. Oma Stinger-tehdas olisi pitänyt saada tuolla rahalla.
Jeps, tosiaan oli aivan älytön 330 miljoonan DSCA. http://www.dsca.mil/sites/default/files/mas/finland_11-42_0.pdf

600 STINGER-Reprogrammable Micro-Processor (RMP) Block 1 Anti-Aircraft missiles, 10 STINGER Block 1 Production Verification Flight Test missiles, 110 Gripstock Block 1 Control Groups, 1827 Battery Coolant Units, 16 Tracking Head Trainers (THT), 50 Field Handling Trainers (FHT), 2 GCU-31A/E Gas Charging Units, 110 Night Sights, 1 STINGER Troop Proficiency Trainer, 1 Launch Simulator, 16 THT metal containers, 16 FHT metal containers, refurbishment, upgrades, spare and repair parts, tools and tool sets, support equipment, personnel training and training equipment, publications and technical data, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support.

Well, I am glad you came across this forum and decided to post. We could really use someone knowledgeable about South Korean military hardware.

At least I would be interested in hearing about KAI FA-50. I have read that there are plans to integrate Amraam and AESA radar but that was years ago and nothing new seems to have surfaced since then. Is there any advance in those areas? Considering that there is a miniature version of KEPD 350 in development it feels strange that the FA-50 is lacking an AESA radar and BVR-capability (I think the Phillippines got Sparrow for their FA-50s but that is a pretty old missile).
Yes, tell us everything there is to know about the KAI FA-50 and its trainer version.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Jopa neljään patteristoon. Kaksi mekanisoiduille tst-osastoille ja toiset kaksi toivottavasti KARJPR:lle. Tai sitten yksi psto per etelän valmiusprikaati. Hyvinkin odotettu määrä.

Olen nähnyt muuallakin mainittavan tuon hinnan noin 100k€ per GMLRS. Siinä ei vain ole tuo FMS-ilmoitus huomioiden mitään järkeä. Eihän tuollaisen kaluston koulutus ja huoltosysteemit voi maksaa 100 miljoonaa euroa. Joku heittää taas ja pahasti. Tuolla rahalla pitää saada vapaa valmistuslisenssi ja tehdas.
Niin, tässä heittää se, että FMS EI OLE KAUPALLINEN SOPIMUS. Ne tehdään siinä vaiheessa, kun Kongressilta haetaan vientilupaa. Kaupallista sopimusta ei ole siinä vaiheessa vielä tehty ja FMS:n hinta on sellainen, että se varmasti kattaa varsinaisen sopimuksen arvon...

Kokeilin etsiä tilausvaltuutusta. Ei tullut vastaan tälle. Jenkkikaman kokonaishinnasta saa aina hyvän hajun kun pitää pyytää lupa etukäteen.
Tässä tuo Pasivirran noin sata miljoonaa antaa kuvan ettei 200 miljoonaa tee mieli kovin herkästi heitellä ilmaan.

Mistä se tuotantolinja ilmestyi tähänkin keskusteluun? Kun tiedossa on, että käytettyä haetaan.

Meille ei kuulemma riitä Euroopassa käytettynä saatavilla olevan kaluston määrä. Näin PV:n edustaja muistaakseni kertoi jossakin lehtijutussa kysyttäessä, miksi Koreasta. Antaa ymmärtää, että haluamme tykkejä oikeasti ison määrän.

Toki voi olla, että PV oli niin tyhmä, ettei tajunnut ostaa kalustoa, kun sitä vielä oli Euroopan ylijäämämarkkinoilla. Mutta tähän minä en usko, kerran Leoparditkin ostettiin viime tingassa. Luulisi tykistöäkin hankitun tuolloin, tarvittaessa olisi lykätty muita hankintoja, jotta edullinen tilaisuus olisi voitu hyödyntää.

Konferenssilta

Kongressi, ei konferenssi.

Lisäys: ehditkin jo korjata.

Meille ei kuulemma riitä Euroopassa käytettynä saatavilla olevan kaluston määrä. Näin PV:n edustaja muistaakseni kertoi jossakin lehtijutussa kysyttäessä, miksi Koreasta. Antaa ymmärtää, että haluamme tykkejä oikeasti ison määrän.

Toki voi olla, että PV oli niin tyhmä, ettei tajunnut ostaa kalustoa, kun sitä vielä oli Euroopan ylijäämämarkkinoilla. Mutta tähän minä en usko, kerran Leoparditkin ostettiin viime tingassa. Luulisi tykistöäkin hankitun tuolloin, tarvittaessa olisi lykätty muita hankintoja, jotta edullinen tilaisuus olisi voitu hyödyntää.

Kongressi, ei konferenssi.

Lisäys: ehditkin jo korjata.
Tiedän kyllä, kiitos korjauksesta! Kännykkä arvailee, mitä haluan kirjoittaa...

Näppivirhe, oikea määrä on 480kpl.

Nyt alkaa jo kuulostamaan kohtuulliselta: hyvää tavaraa romun hinnalla, vai miten sitä Itä-Saksan kaupoista sanottiinkaan.

Fantasioissani Suomella on 15 vuoden kuluttua yksikaliberiseksi harmonisoitu putkitykistö. K9-kalustoa on 144 putkea, joista 48 on mekanisoiduilla joukoilla (KARJPR ja mekanisoidut taisteluosastot) ja loput 96 on jaettuna neljän alueellisen prikaatin kesken. Kotimaisesta n. 150 putken vedettävästä tykistöstä osa on siirretty merivoimien rannikkotykistöön ja loput on jätetty ylijohdolle alistettavaksi pahimpiin paikkoihin.

Tiedän kyllä, kiitos korjauksesta! Kännykkä arvailee, mitä haluan kirjoittaa...

Juu. Tällä kertaa onneksi vain yksi sana väärin, joskus tekoäly sotkee puoli viestiä täysin käsittämättömäksi siansaksaksi hukaten ajatuksen.

snip

:solthum:

Then there is the K30 Biho's caliber. I know it is 30mm but is it 30x173mm or 30x165mm or something completely else?

snip

snip
Yes, tell us everything there is to know about the KAI FA-50 and its trainer version.
K30, there was much talk about the choice of calibre. It uses a 30x170mm round because the gun is based on the Oerlikon KCB 30mm that was on Korean Naval Vessels. (The 40mm on the K21 IFV is also based on 40mm Bofors naval guns) and people didn't like how it was a unique (other than the British RARDEN 30mm no one uses it) calibre instead of 30x173mm that is NATO standard.

FA-50: For the AMRAAM it's just that no one is paying for the integration because no one needs it, for the AESA, there is no official document but rumour is that Lockheed Martin had a agreement that the T-50 platform should not have a better capability to the F-16 in any aspect including radar. So it couldn't have it in the past while now F-16 are geting RACR and SABR AESA radars so there should be nothing stopping KAI integrating any AESA into the FA-50.

OK.
This is very offtopic from this thread, but what self defence technique you prefer/what you have been taught?
Everyone learns Tae Kwon Do when they're young but it isn't very practical. You learn 'military tae kwon do' in Basic Training but that's also useless, use a bayonet or butt of the rifle if you actually want to fight hand-to-hand. Judo and Kendo are also popular in Korea. There are BJJ, Muay Thai, MMA gyms as well. Preferred technique? Don't be stupid, don't get into fights.

I don't want to go anymore off topic, I will continue to respond in the appropriate threads if you ask.

Kappas! Ilmeisesti tieliikennelaista otos? En tiennytkään, että pv:llä on erillinen siirtokilpi. Tuosta 20 mm punaisesta reunuksesta on kyllä hankala erottaa siirtokilpeä normaalista pv:n kilvestä.
Näin on! Vanhana Kirveskomppanian (R.I.P.) moto-au:na en aluksi edes huomannut eroa, varmaan kun oli aikoinaan vähävaloinen talvikurssi, tosimiesten kurssi!

Niin, tässä heittää se, että FMS EI OLE KAUPALLINEN SOPIMUS. Ne tehdään siinä vaiheessa, kun Kongressilta haetaan vientilupaa. Kaupallista sopimusta ei ole siinä vaiheessa vielä tehty ja FMS:n hinta on sellainen, että se varmasti kattaa varsinaisen sopimuksen arvon...

Varmasti näin. En kuitenkaan usko varmuuskertoimen olevan viisi. Eikä Suomi välttämättä ostakaan koko määrää ja sitten on vielä valuuttakurssit.

Ok, now we can finally put that Korean news broadcast to rest.
The Finnish Minister of Defence said in that clip that the numbers and total cost of K9 deal are still open. He said that nothing is sure, but K9 is looking like a potential buy.

ping @leijonajatiikeri

Aamulehden juttua tykistön harjoituksesta ja mukana video tulitoiminnasta, ukkosen mustikin mukana toiminnassa :cool:
http://www.aamulehti.fi/kotimaa/tal...-tuli-isku-metsa-katoaa-rajahdyksiin-24091100
Oli jo edellisellä sivulla.

Eikös se ollut niin että 48 kpl= 200milj eli reilut 4 milj. kipale. Se on hyvin linjassa Intian kaupan kanssa. Toisella 200 milj. tulee sitten varaosaa ja muuta härpäkettä.Jos loppusumma olisikin n.+- 350 milj. niin ylittää silti reilusti sen summan millä alkujaan lähdettiin liikkeelle.Hyvältä kuulostaa,TOSI HYVÄLTÄ.
Ei ollu, tai mistä mä tiedän mutta alussa oli 100 + miljoonalla eurolla ostettaisin käytettyjä K9 (uus tykki 3 milj euroa, käytetty tykki 1.5 milj euroa) niin minä käsitin sen

Ok, now we can finally put that Korean news broadcast to rest.
The Finnish Minister of Defence said in that clip that the numbers and total cost of K9 deal are still open. He said that nothing is sure, but K9 is looking like a potential buy.

ping @leijonajatiikeri

Oli jo edellisellä sivulla.

well, I think the Minister of Defence is simply showing some healthy business acumen there. You have to make the seller believe that you may go to another supplier until the moment you have signed on the dotted line. This is to push down the price. no one wants a repeat of the AMV farce where politicians proclaimed that the FDF was going to buy the AMV before the deal was actually signed. Can you imagine what that did to the unit price of the AMV? What was it... €5m a piece for an APC without any weaponry...

Suomen Sotilas
12 hrs ·
Korealaisen K9-panssarikanuunan Shoot and Scoot vakuutti Suomen Sotilaan asiantuntijatoimittajan Lapissa tänään ampumaleirin päätösammunnoissa.

Mikä on shoot and Scoot ja mitä Lapissa tapahtui tänään ja kuluvalla viikolla?

Lue Arto Ojasen juttu Suomen Sotilaan nettisivuilta ja lisää tilaamalla Suomen Sotilas -lehti.

Lehtemme numerossa 4/2016 oli ensimmäisenä Suomessa laaja esittely vaunusta ja asejärjestelmästä, johon olemme tutustuneet syksyn aikana niin ajoharjoitus- kuin ampumakentilläkin.

JP/AO

”Kooysin” Shoot and Scoot vakuutti Lapissa
Suomen Sotilas | 24.11.2016 | Artikkeli
http://www.suomensotilas.fi/kooysin-shoot-and-scoot-vakuutti-lapissa/

Back