Diskussion om kriget i Ukraina, med deltagare - Discussion on war in Ukraine, with participant

@Sinkomies There were 15 attacks on Ukrainian positions today (artillery). This has been going on couple weeks. Do you have any "instincts" what is the next move?

@Sinkomies There were 15 attacks on Ukrainian positions today (artillery). This has been going on couple weeks. Do you have any "instincts" what is the next move?

Not sure really. During the summer, smaller attacks were frequent here and there and later grinded to an almost complete ceasefire. During this time, the DNR & LNR were even talking about a possible reunification with Ukraine (see Vice, Russian Roulette). If there was any real will behind this from their politicians though is up for guesswork as now, the past few months intencity of the fire has increased once more, though it still remains on a rather calm level.

The Russians have, it seems, started to increase its numbers in the area again. Maybe in fear of a new Ukrainian offensive, or more likley just to keep the power balanced as so to guarantee themselves a stable, stationary front while they are fucking about in Syria. Not to mention the situation they have with Turkey. I dont think they have the time or resources to handle Ukraine at the moment.

About the increase in attacks and artillery, its still at a small level, and for all I see, it could just as well be that soldiers on both side of the front are bored out of their minds, looking for any excuse to fire of a few rounds in the other guys direction. Not long ago, according to Live UA-map for example, the pro-russians lobbed a few RPG-rounds towards Shyrokyne. That sounds like perfect example of someone just being bored, possibly a bit tipsy, in my book.

What will happen next? I really dont know. I think that once Putin decides the world has forgotten about the war in Ukraine, and (if) their relations with Turkey eases up a bit, he will continue what is now paused in Ukraine. When and exactly how? My guess is as good as yours.

internetin syövereistä löytyi updatea tällekin ketjulle.

Carolus Löfroos on yhä elävien kirjoissa, huolimatta vaaroista:):salut:

Det verkar att Carolus Löfroos ännu lever trots livsfara

kuva postattu nettiin 9. 3. 2016
lähde http://theafteractionreview.boards.net/thread/1044/ukrainian-armed-forces-security-services?page=22

25335718040_0469ae668d_b.jpg

EDIT: päivämäärä korjattu

Kyllä carlos on pois tullut, ellei sitten takaisin ole mennyt. Mutta tuo edellä laittama kuva on 100% vanha.

Juu, mies on Ruotsissa ja kirjoittelee silloin tällöin Flashbackin Vapen och Militär forumin vastaavaan ketjuun.

Tietääkö kukaan onko kyseiselle Herralle tullu mitään sanktioita? Muistaakseni jossain haastattelussa ruotsin poliisi piti uhkana ukrainassa taistelevia kansalaisia

Tietääkö kukaan onko kyseiselle Herralle tullu mitään sanktioita? Muistaakseni jossain haastattelussa ruotsin poliisi piti uhkana ukrainassa taistelevia kansalaisia

No "real problems". Leftists in Sweden (ie all politicians and media) used us as a propaganda tool to wipe over the "swedes" joining ISIS. Whenever someone tried to talk about that people would use us as whataboutism to say "but swedish nazis go to ukraine too", accusing us for warcrimes and saying we would be charged for terrorism and shiet. As none of this was obviously true, none of us has hade any problems with authorities other than the fact that our personal reputations have been completly ruined.

Gonna abolish my swedish citizenship as soon as I get back from here because of that reason. And God help me, actually try n force myself to learn finnish once and for all...

Just on the matter of updates in general. Been back since about a month or close to it. No particular reason, some of the old guard was going back or was already in place, so I tagged along. Spent a couple of weeks near Donetsk, then back to the south parts near the sea.

It would seem to me as if Russia hasnt really given much support to the separatists lately, effectivly after Debaltseve (and Shyrokyne) back in 2015. During late last year and early this one, the Ukrainian armed forces actually managed to make some successful smaller local "offensives", like grabbing a local strategic hill or stuff like that. The exact reasons behind this, Im not sure, but the effects from it that could be seen was:

1; the UA side are able to retake ground from the separatists
2; the separatists are not strong enough to create successful counterattacks, and most of all:
3; the separatists got little or no support from russian regulars in contrast to back in 2015 when we pushed the front forward for a couple of days before getting hammered by stronger and well led regular units.

As the separatist counterattacks all (as far as I know) failed, they instead started to revengebomb the ukrainian forces with heavy artillery (this was somewhat reported on in sweden, not sure about finnish media), and it all died down at the same time that Givi tried to desert and got smashed by his own men in early february. My guess is that their military situation is desperate.

After this, the front has been rather calm with static warfare and maybe smaller skirmishes with recon units. Both sides "violates" the small arms part of the cease fire (though its kinda difficult to place blame on "who fired first" as its been going on for years...) but generally, Id say that most if the heavy weapons are actually drawn back, at least from what Ive seen myself. Sure theres a 120 mm mortar or heavy howitzer shell landing here or there, but its definetly mostly weapons below 100 mm that are firing, as the cease fire terms say.

About the morale of the Ukrainian units, you can tell that the regular army soldiers are mostly just counting their TJ while the volunteer units are at least somewhat more interested in doing something like recon, demining, strenghtening defences or whatever. When it comes to the separatists, they strike me as very weak at the moment and though they might take a pot shot here and there, they dont seem too interested in wanting a real fight, with maybe a few individual exceptions.

Viimeksi muokattu:
Back