F-35 Lightning II

JPO ei ole lakkaamassa kokonaan eikä siirtymälle ole selkeää aikataulua. Monotuksille tulee toki tarvetta jo ohjelman siirtyessä aktiivisesta kehityksestä enemmän ylläpitoon.

F-35 Restructure Not Imminent
05 Apr 2018 John A. Tirpak

"The Defense Department, in accordance with a mandatory report sent to Congress this week, will eventually devolve management of the joint-service F-35 to the individual branches flying the jet, but not soon, according to Pentagon and Capitol Hill officials.

Ellen Lord, undersecretary of defense for acquisition and sustainment, sent to Congress a report required under the Fiscal 2017 defense authorization bill to explain how the F-35’s management would be improved and possibly restructured. The report said that steps will be taken to put each service in charge of its own F-35 variant, rather than have a single Joint Program Office, as has been the case for the last 18 years.

Even though she said moves will be made “immediately” to improve F-35 management and the services will be given “more direct ownership” of the program as it pertains to them, “the Department will evaluate the right time to begin this transition,” according to the letter. No time certain for such a transition has been set....

...Those shifts will happen when the services are ready for them to happen, and won’t be calendar-based, Pentagon officials said. The Air Force and Navy already have their own F-35 integration offices.

The reason why the services have not led their own F-35 efforts thus far was to ensure that maximum commonality among the services and foreign partners was maintained through the end of the System Design and Development phase. Now that SDD is wrapping up, the services can more reasonably manage their own improvement programs and do the internal horse trading to fund various parts of their own fighter/attack portfolios.

One official involved with the F-35 said the JPO is “still essential as we transition to a deployed system and a normalized support apparatus,” and that some form of the JPO will still be necessary even after the services take on “the day-to-day management of their own variants” so the US can deal effectively with partner nations and FMS customers....

...The services are to start developing plans for the transition and creation of their own SPOs in the near-term. These will be evaluated by Lord’s office in an effort to make sure the change doesn’t cause the number of manpower positions devoted to F-35 management to soar due to duplication.

Asked for comment, the F-35 JPO said it “supports this initiative to ensure the Defense Department, US services, and our international partners have the most effective management structure to deliver warfighting capability. We are implementing improvements to increase transparency, and we'll continue to assess and evaluate the most efficient ways to support and manage this vital national defense program.""
http://www.airforcemag.com/Features/Pages/2018/April 2018/F-35-Restructure-Not-Imminent.aspx

Uusin F-35 SAR luettavissa

Pikapoimintoja, mariinit ovat vaihtaneet 13 C-mallia B-malleiksi. Mainitaan myös että nykyisellään F-35:n kulurakenne on kestämätön joten ilmeisesti siinä aikaisemmassa artikkelissa oli jotain perääkin.

Nykyisen F-35 kuskin kuvaus koneen liikehtimiskyvystä. Aiemmin oli Hornet-kuski, ja tiimaa myös SH ja F-16 puolelta.
the aircraft is a mix between the two aircraft for maneuverability. It has the energy addition of an f-16 and rates like a viper as well. However, it has the high aoa ability and radius of an f-18. A slick block 50 viperin an airshow config may outrate you a bit but you have the radius and aoa to beat him as well as power to match. A slick hornet may have a better radius by a bit but you can outrate him. You are better than all of those jets with ordnance regardless of the fight. The yaw rate is pretty eye opening. There are definitely advantages using the pedal turn but it’s definitely not a magic move. Has to be used at the right time and place, otherwise you’re setting yourself up to get beat due to a lack of energy. You can’t snap a pedal turn on at 350 kts, you have to be slower.
http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=392507#p392507

The Air Combat Group in Transition: The Perspective of Air Commodore Kitcher
https://sldinfo.com/2018/04/the-air...ion-the-perspective-of-air-commodore-kitcher/

Tämä on jännä sinänsä, että meillä saattaa toteutua vastaava siirtymä USN:sta USAF:n hoteisiin. Toki pienemmässä määrin kuin RAAF.

Aussie F-35A Drives Historic Shift To USAF Focus From USN
https://breakingdefense.com/2018/04/aussie-f-35a-drives-historic-shift-to-usaf-focus-from-usn/

Ex-F-22 kuski:
"I have asked a bud of mine who is still flying 15’s what were his thoughts......he said two words to me......and I quote ‘Holy Crap’. This guys has over 5 grand in the Eagle. I trust his judgement......lol. Give the 35 about 5-7 to mature and I think it will be lethal in every regime."
http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=387036#p387036

"That’s my point, all airframes go through maturity in stages. If he says that now, what will it be like then after more upgrades, technical upgrades, etc, etc. I remember first flying the 22 and thinking where do we go from here if this is already sensational and yet blocks, software, and upgrades later here we are. In my opinion from when I started the journey, the 22 gained about 10-20 percent more lethality from where it started..."

"I think it does not have the high end performance of the 22, it doesn’t have too. Like it’s big brother, you can’t see it, can’t put weapons on it and it’s performance is outstanding"
:cool:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ckheed-over-repair-cost-dispute-idUSKBN1HI304

"The U.S. Department of Defense has stopped accepting most deliveries of F-35 jets from Lockheed Martin Corp because of a dispute over who will cover costs for fixing a production error found last year on more than 200 of the stealthy jets, three people familiar with the matter said. "

"So far at least two foreign governments have stopped accepting F-35s as a result of this issue, two of the sources said. "
///
Näin ne sopimustekniset riidat hiljalleen vuosi vuodelta kärjistyy kun summat kasvaa konekannan kasvaessa.

Viimeksi muokattu:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ckheed-over-repair-cost-dispute-idUSKBN1HI304

"The U.S. Department of Defense has stopped accepting most deliveries of F-35 jets from Lockheed Martin Corp because of a dispute over who will cover costs for fixing a production error found last year on more than 200 of the stealthy jets, three people familiar with the matter said. "

"So far at least two foreign governments have stopped accepting F-35s as a result of this issue, two of the sources said. "
///
Näin ne sopimustekniset riidat hiljalleen vuosi vuodelta kärjistyy kun summat kasvaa konekannan kasvaessa.

On kyllä hyvä, että tässä on vielä 3 vuotta aikaa katsoa, kuinka tilanne kehittyy ennen kuin tilaus pitää laittaa sisään. Olis kyllä parempi, kun olisi 5-7 vuotta, niin F-35 design saisi vielä vähän kypsyä ja hinnat vakiintua, mutta hyvä näinkin

Kaksi näkökulmaa Israelista:

Will Israeli Air Force Buy More F-15s Or F-35s; Intel May Tip Balance

Retired Brig. Gen. Assaf Agmon, who served in the IAF as a fighter pilot and in senior command position and then headed the Fisher Institute for Air and Space Strategic Studies told Breaking Defense that it will be a mistake to delay the acquisition of an additional F-35 squadron.”The F-35 is not just another aircraft, it brings a total revolution in the interoperability of air, ground and sea sensors ”

He added that even the Americans have not yet learned the full operational capabilities of the F-35 “and what they do know they not always share with us. So we have to learn by ourselves and this is being done everyday”

He said that it will be a mistake to invest in another platform based on its capability to carry heavy loads of weapons systems: “The Israeli defense forces have enough ways to use massive fire power against faraway targets”.

---

Another retired IAF brigadier general, who asked not to be identified, said that he was against the acquisition of the F-35 from the outset: “This is a very expensive aircraft that will not really change the capability of the IAF in the coming 20 years.” With the current Israeli defense budget there is no way to create a critical mass buying F-35s. “This is a niche system that cannot serve as a game changer. The combat now is based on standoff weapon systems, which makes the presence of an aircraft like the F-35 in the fighting area less important,” the retired general said.

F-35 Ready For Missile Defense By 2025: MDA Chief

https://breakingdefense.com/2018/04/f-35-ready-for-missile-defense-by-2025-mda-chief/

F-35 Joint Strike Fighters could detect, track, and, possibly, even shoot down ballistic missiles by 2025, the Missile Defense Agency director told Congress this morning.

“I’d say six to seven years to essentially work out the Concept of Operations (and) develop the capabilities — (whether) it’s sensor-based or a new fast missile that’s hung on the bottom of an F-35 for the BMDS (Ballistic Missile Defense) mission — integrate those capabilities, test them, and deliver them into a theater of operations,” Lt. Gen. Samuel Greavestold the Senate appropriations subcommittee on defense. “We see that deployed capability as, if not a game changer, then a significant contributor to future ballistic missile defense.”

RclUR2V.jpg

Ex-F-22 kuski:
"I have asked a bud of mine who is still flying 15’s what were his thoughts......he said two words to me......and I quote ‘Holy Crap’. This guys has over 5 grand in the Eagle. I trust his judgement......lol. Give the 35 about 5-7 to mature and I think it will be lethal in every regime."
http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=387036#p387036

"That’s my point, all airframes go through maturity in stages. If he says that now, what will it be like then after more upgrades, technical upgrades, etc, etc. I remember first flying the 22 and thinking where do we go from here if this is already sensational and yet blocks, software, and upgrades later here we are. In my opinion from when I started the journey, the 22 gained about 10-20 percent more lethality from where it started..."

"I think it does not have the high end performance of the 22, it doesn’t have too. Like it’s big brother, you can’t see it, can’t put weapons on it and it’s performance is outstanding"
:cool:

Mistä päättelet että kirjoittaja on entinen "F-22-kuski"?

Mistä päättelet että kirjoittaja on entinen "F-22-kuski"?

"I remember first flying the 22 and thinking where do we go from here if this is already sensational and yet blocks, software, and upgrades later here we are. In my opinion from when I started the journey, the 22 gained about 10-20 percent more lethality from where it started..."

"I remember first flying the 22 and thinking where do we go from here if this is already sensational and yet blocks, software, and upgrades later here we are. In my opinion from when I started the journey, the 22 gained about 10-20 percent more lethality from where it started..."
Eli tyyppi väittää internetin keskustelufoorumilla? Oonhan itsekin lentänyt F-35 ja se on ihan käypä kone.

Eli tyyppi väittää internetin keskustelufoorumilla? Oonhan itsekin lentänyt F-35 ja se on ihan käypä kone.

Internetissä kaikki voi esittää ketä vaan, mutta f-16.netissä on aika paljon vanhoja ja nykyisiä lentäjiä ja muuta aktiivihenkilökuntaa, ja kyllä sen pidemmän päälle huomaa keillä on sellaista tietoa ja näkökulmaa mitä ei ihan tavallisilla foorumisotureilla ole. Tuo mainittu kirjoittaja on yksi tällaisista ja ollut pitkään aktiivinen foorumilla, en ainakaan itse epäile kyseisen henkilön taustoja.

Oonhan itsekin lentänyt F-35 ja se on ihan käypä kone.
Juu, itsekin kävin eilen hakemassa Riiasta perjantaipullon Gripen E:llä. Ainoa ongelma tuli kun rikoin vahingossa valonnopeuden, aiheutin singulariteetin ja palautin maapallon 3,5 miljardin vuoden taakse. Mutta onneksi Saabin ELSO laitteisto korjasi tilanteen linkittymällä tulevaisuudessa olevaan toiseen Gripen E yksilöön ja huijaamalla universumin uskomaan ettei äskeistä tapahtunutkaan, jolloin se palautti tilanteen ennalleen.

Vakavissaan, Lightingilla lentäneitä on kirjoitellut virallisia raportteja jo tarpeeksi, että tyhmempienkin pitäisi tajuta sen kyvyt. Ongelmia on, mutta korjattavia. F-42 se ei ole, koska keksittiin ammoisina aikoina tehdä all-in-one wonder jointti ja taas mentiin leirinuotiolla kumbaijaa. Kunnes ei enään mentykään. Mutta etenkin A malli on erittäin tehokas ja kehittynyt taistelukone. Siitä pitäisi kertoa jo todistetustikin aidot raportit lentäjiltä.

Internetissä kaikki voi esittää ketä vaan, mutta f-16.netissä on aika paljon vanhoja ja nykyisiä lentäjiä ja muuta aktiivihenkilökuntaa, ja kyllä sen pidemmän päälle huomaa keillä on sellaista tietoa ja näkökulmaa mitä ei ihan tavallisilla foorumisotureilla ole. Tuo mainittu kirjoittaja on yksi tällaisista ja ollut pitkään aktiivinen foorumilla, en ainakaan itse epäile kyseisen henkilön taustoja.
Juu no sitten, mulla nousee aina karvat vähän pystyyn kun joku siteeraa vaan foorumikirjoittelijaa :)

Juu no sitten, mulla nousee aina karvat vähän pystyyn kun joku siteeraa vaan foorumikirjoittelijaa :)

Tuollaiset paikat kuin f16.net on aika vakiintuneita kommuuneja joissa osa ihmisistä tuntee toisensa pitkältä ajalta...siellä ei välttämättä kovin helposti pysty ainakaan pitempään esittämään hävittäjälentäjää tai vastaavaa jos ei oikeasti ole sellainen. Enempi kannattaa suunnata skepsismiä periamerikkalaiseen tapaan hypetykseen ja ylisanoihin. Ei ole yksi saati kaksi kertaa kun joku jenkkilaite on käytössä osoittautunut hiukan vähemmän täydelliseksi kuin ennakkohype.

^Tuo LockMartin ja Pentagonin välinen kiista tuskin jättää koneen käyttöönottoprosessiin pitempiä jälkiä. Lähinnä kiistellään siitä kuka maksaa ja minkä verran. Vakavampi uutinen on että F-35:n käyttökustannukset tällä haavaa ovat noin $50k /lentotunti. Onkin aloitettu ohjelma joka pyrkii tarkastelemaan koneen ylläpito- ja huoltojärjestelmää joka tasolla ja jokaisen toimijan osalta jotta kustannuksia saadaan alaspäin. Tavoitteena on noin 30% pudotus käyttökustannuksissa jotta ne saataisiin lähelle projisoituja lukemia.

Back