STEALTH

Olen näistä täällä jo kyllästymiseen asti vääntänyt, mutta tutustua miten F-35:t on harjoituksissa pyyhkineet lattiaa F-15:lla. Myös Tanskan "HX:n" dokumentit ovat julkisia ja käännetty englanniksi. F-35 rankattiin ammattilaisten toimesta eurofighteria suorituskykyisemmäksi myös ilmasta ilmaan tehtävissä. (Rapsasta löytyy myös skenaariot jos kiinnostaa)

Ps. Aika moni on hankkinut sen ainoaksi hävittäjäkseen. Ehkä he eivät valmistaudu ilmasotaan, tai eivät vain tiedä mistään mitään...
Aika moni on osallistunut rakennuksiin ja nyt "pakotettuja" ostamaan.
On myös rapsoja joissa f16 on pyyhkinyt lattiaa kolmevitosella. Ilkeyttäni jätän rapsojen etsimisen klaanilaisille, kun en itse jaksa/viitsi :)

On myös rapsoja joissa f16 on pyyhkinyt lattiaa kolmevitosella. Ilkeyttäni jätän rapsojen etsimisen klaanilaisille, kun en itse jaksa/viitsi :)
On se claws-raporttikin täällä moneen kertaan perattu. Siinä testattiin testivaiheessa olevaa lentosoftaa, verrokkina oli F-16, se ei ollut mikään "koiratappelutesti"

Ja tässä ihan hyvä vastaus siihen surullisen kuuluisaan juttuun miten Viper pesee Lightingilla lattiaa :rolleyes: Ja tämän jutun kirjoittaja on entinen pilotti. Lensi Hornettia ja Viperia.

WHY THE “F-35 V F-16” ARTICLE IS GARBAGE
JULY 1, 2015 C.W. LEMOINE 25 COMMENTS

As one of our followers here on FighterSweep, you’re probably someone that likes to keep track of the latest news on America’s most advanced fighters–especially the stealthy, badass fifth-generation F-22 and F-35. More specifically, you’ve probably been keeping tabs on the development of the F-35–its setbacks, its achievements, and its march toward IOC. That also means you may have run across a very recent article that screams, “The F-35 can’t beat the plane it’s replacing in a dogfight!”

As a taxpayer, reading that probably pisses you off. After all, the F-35 acquisitions program is one of the most twisted and over-budget jobs programs in the history of the U.S. military. It’s late. It’s expensive. It’s bloated. It can’t even fly within twenty-five miles of a thunderstorm because they had to remove lightning protection to save on weight–a requirement for the Marines so they could take off and land vertically in the F-35B.

There are hundreds of valid complaints on this aircraft, but the latest clickbait headlines scattering social media aren’t among them; it’s as though suddenly everyone is Colonel John Boydreincarnate and knows what the problem is.
Now, before we get into the why, let me first preface all of this by saying I don’t have a dog in this fight. I don’t work for Lockheed-Martin. I have nothing to do with the Air Force, Navy, or Marine Corps acquisitions process. As I mentioned in my Hornet versus Vipercomparison, the Viper is my first love–so naturally I smiled a little when I read the headline.

But at the end of the day, I–just like every other fighter pilot out there–have to be fair.

First, let’s talk about what really happened. According to the article, an F-35A and a two-bag Block 40 F-16D took off on Jan 14, 2015 to engage in Basic Fighter Maneuver setups to test “the overall effectiveness of the aircraft in performing various specified maneuvers in a dynamic environment…this consisted of traditional Basic Fighter Maneuvers in offensive, defensive, and neutral setups at altitudes ranging from 10,000 to 30,000 feet.”

English please?

Just like a normal 1v1 proficiency sortie, the two fighters did canned setups to practice basic dogfighting. In the offensive setups, the F-35 would start off behind the F-16. At the specified range, the F-35 pilot would call “Fight’s On” and maneuver to the F-16’s control zone to employ weapons. In the defensive setups, the F-35 would start off in front while the Viper maneuvered to the F-35’s control zone. And finally, in the neutral (high-aspect) setup, the two aircraft would start completely neutral and fight until whatever DLOs (Designated Learning Objectives) they had were met, be they valid gunshots, valid missile shots, or whatever.

The Instructor Pilot in a Lockheed-Martin Block 42 F-16CM defends against an attacking student in a 6K Defensive BFM setup.
So while this particular article may lead you to believe the two aircraft went out there mano y mano and duked it out, the reality is that we don’t know where each deficiency was found. My guess is the critiques on the pitch rates for gunning and abilities to jink happened in the canned offensive and defensive setups. But one has to remember this is a test platform and they were out to get test data, not find out who the king of the mountain is.

The article talks about energy bleed rates, high-Alpha maneuvering, and the F-35 pilot’s “only winning move” to threaten with the nose at high angle of attack. What does that sound like?

To me, it sounds like a Hornet fighting a Viper. Of course, a Hornet is not going to do well against an F-16 in a sustained rate fight. Its strength is to get slow and use its angle of attack advantage, much like the F-35 did here. It also bleeds energy rapidly and struggles to get it back once bled down. The fact the heavier, drag-encumbered F-35 had this problem is not surprising to me–despite its monstrous amount of available thrust, and it doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things.

As for the helmet problem, I’m sure that’s an ergonomics issue that will be worked out in testing. It’s not “sneaking up” on anyone; the TTL driver likely went blind during the engagement. As they say, “Lose sight, lose the fight.”
This aircraft is still in its infancy. Tactics, techniques, and procedures that key on strengths and minimize weaknesses are just starting to be developed. Taking one report and proclaiming that the F-35 is a piece of FOD (Foreign Object Debris) in the air-to-air arena is irresponsible and sensationalist at best. There are far too many other factors to look at.

For example, the test pilot was a former F-15Epilot. Two-bag Vipers do the same thing to Strike Eagles all day long. Maybe he was just used to it? I keed. I keed. But seriously, a guy with maybe 100 hours in the F-35 versus a guy with 1,500+ Viper hours? I’ve seen thousand-hour F-16 guys in two-bag D-models beat up on brand new wingmen in clean, single-seat jets. It happens. It’s the reality of the amount of experience in your given cockpit.

I’m sure internet debates will rage on. It’s fun to trash the new kid, especially the new kid that’s overweight, wears too much bling, and talks about how awesome it is all the time. It’s way too early to declare the F-35 the “worst fighter aircraft design ever imagined.” Please. Let’s see how it does when guys who are proficient in developed tactics do against guys with similar amounts of experience–the realm of the bros in the operational test or Weapons Schoolenvironment.

There’s plenty of room to criticize this program, but accuracy is important. The sky isn’t really falling, Chicken Little. And for the rest of you? Blow out your torches and hang up your pitchforks, for we have miles to go.

Ja tässä ihan hyvä vastaus siihen surullisen kuuluisaan juttuun miten Viper pesee Lightingilla lattiaa :rolleyes: Ja tämän jutun kirjoittaja on entinen pilotti. Lensi Hornettia ja Viperia.

WHY THE “F-35 V F-16” ARTICLE IS GARBAGE
JULY 1, 2015 C.W. LEMOINE 25 COMMENTS

As one of our followers here on FighterSweep, you’re probably someone that likes to keep track of the latest news on America’s most advanced fighters–especially the stealthy, badass fifth-generation F-22 and F-35. More specifically, you’ve probably been keeping tabs on the development of the F-35–its setbacks, its achievements, and its march toward IOC. That also means you may have run across a very recent article that screams, “The F-35 can’t beat the plane it’s replacing in a dogfight!”

As a taxpayer, reading that probably pisses you off. After all, the F-35 acquisitions program is one of the most twisted and over-budget jobs programs in the history of the U.S. military. It’s late. It’s expensive. It’s bloated. It can’t even fly within twenty-five miles of a thunderstorm because they had to remove lightning protection to save on weight–a requirement for the Marines so they could take off and land vertically in the F-35B.

There are hundreds of valid complaints on this aircraft, but the latest clickbait headlines scattering social media aren’t among them; it’s as though suddenly everyone is Colonel John Boydreincarnate and knows what the problem is.
Now, before we get into the why, let me first preface all of this by saying I don’t have a dog in this fight. I don’t work for Lockheed-Martin. I have nothing to do with the Air Force, Navy, or Marine Corps acquisitions process. As I mentioned in my Hornet versus Vipercomparison, the Viper is my first love–so naturally I smiled a little when I read the headline.

But at the end of the day, I–just like every other fighter pilot out there–have to be fair.

First, let’s talk about what really happened. According to the article, an F-35A and a two-bag Block 40 F-16D took off on Jan 14, 2015 to engage in Basic Fighter Maneuver setups to test “the overall effectiveness of the aircraft in performing various specified maneuvers in a dynamic environment…this consisted of traditional Basic Fighter Maneuvers in offensive, defensive, and neutral setups at altitudes ranging from 10,000 to 30,000 feet.”

English please?

Just like a normal 1v1 proficiency sortie, the two fighters did canned setups to practice basic dogfighting. In the offensive setups, the F-35 would start off behind the F-16. At the specified range, the F-35 pilot would call “Fight’s On” and maneuver to the F-16’s control zone to employ weapons. In the defensive setups, the F-35 would start off in front while the Viper maneuvered to the F-35’s control zone. And finally, in the neutral (high-aspect) setup, the two aircraft would start completely neutral and fight until whatever DLOs (Designated Learning Objectives) they had were met, be they valid gunshots, valid missile shots, or whatever.

The Instructor Pilot in a Lockheed-Martin Block 42 F-16CM defends against an attacking student in a 6K Defensive BFM setup.
So while this particular article may lead you to believe the two aircraft went out there mano y mano and duked it out, the reality is that we don’t know where each deficiency was found. My guess is the critiques on the pitch rates for gunning and abilities to jink happened in the canned offensive and defensive setups. But one has to remember this is a test platform and they were out to get test data, not find out who the king of the mountain is.

The article talks about energy bleed rates, high-Alpha maneuvering, and the F-35 pilot’s “only winning move” to threaten with the nose at high angle of attack. What does that sound like?

To me, it sounds like a Hornet fighting a Viper. Of course, a Hornet is not going to do well against an F-16 in a sustained rate fight. Its strength is to get slow and use its angle of attack advantage, much like the F-35 did here. It also bleeds energy rapidly and struggles to get it back once bled down. The fact the heavier, drag-encumbered F-35 had this problem is not surprising to me–despite its monstrous amount of available thrust, and it doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things.

As for the helmet problem, I’m sure that’s an ergonomics issue that will be worked out in testing. It’s not “sneaking up” on anyone; the TTL driver likely went blind during the engagement. As they say, “Lose sight, lose the fight.”
This aircraft is still in its infancy. Tactics, techniques, and procedures that key on strengths and minimize weaknesses are just starting to be developed. Taking one report and proclaiming that the F-35 is a piece of FOD (Foreign Object Debris) in the air-to-air arena is irresponsible and sensationalist at best. There are far too many other factors to look at.

For example, the test pilot was a former F-15Epilot. Two-bag Vipers do the same thing to Strike Eagles all day long. Maybe he was just used to it? I keed. I keed. But seriously, a guy with maybe 100 hours in the F-35 versus a guy with 1,500+ Viper hours? I’ve seen thousand-hour F-16 guys in two-bag D-models beat up on brand new wingmen in clean, single-seat jets. It happens. It’s the reality of the amount of experience in your given cockpit.

I’m sure internet debates will rage on. It’s fun to trash the new kid, especially the new kid that’s overweight, wears too much bling, and talks about how awesome it is all the time. It’s way too early to declare the F-35 the “worst fighter aircraft design ever imagined.” Please. Let’s see how it does when guys who are proficient in developed tactics do against guys with similar amounts of experience–the realm of the bros in the operational test or Weapons Schoolenvironment.

There’s plenty of room to criticize this program, but accuracy is important. The sky isn’t really falling, Chicken Little. And for the rest of you? Blow out your torches and hang up your pitchforks, for we have miles to go.
Hyvin tiivistetty tohon loppuun. Ylipainoisena ei jaksa kantaa kamojaan ja liikaa blingiä? ;) no jatkossa varmaan selviää miten sillä on mennyt, kuten toi ukkeli toteaa. Tällä hetkellä en edelleenkään luota siihen torjuntahävittäjänä. Omasta mielestä siitä puuttuu torjuntahävittäjälle tärkeitä ominaisuuksia.
Yksi asia mikä f35 pistää silmään on se miten vähän siitä lopulta on tarjolla PUOLUEETONTA tietoa. Kaikilla tuntuu olevan jotain etuja ajettavana. Toikin ukko on usan ilmavoimien heppu. Kun ilmavaivat jatkossa ajelee noilla kärryillä, niin kuka nyt omaansa haukkuisi? Ja lopulta argumentti oli, että pilotilla oli liian vähän tiimaa takana f35:lla. Tai sitten testituloksia valtioilta joiden pitää perustella omalle kansalle, miksi rahat on työnnetty sinne. testipilotteja, tulevia pilotteja, ohjelmaan jo varhain sitoutuneita.... ja vihaajathan vain vihaa, ihan vaikka perusteettakin.
Odottelen mielenkiinnolla kunnes joku ns puolueeton maa testailee. Itäeuroopan maatkin joutuu olemaan jenkkeihin rähmällään, yleisen puolustuksensa takia eikä niillä massia. Suomesta pelkään vähän kanssa, että politiikka meinaa ratkaisussa. Toivottavasti ei ja jos f35 on todella paras torjuntahävittäjä niin so be it.

Just joo. Yhtään kun ei artikkelia lueta saati sitten ymmärretä.

Taas jokin Saabisti.

Onko muuten missään rapsoja f16vs typhoon tai rafale? Ja olihan tuossa high alphasta ja f15 taas sitä tuttua juttua.. Tuo f18-f16 meinaan kyllä lukea tuon perään varsinkin. Aika mielenkiintoista luettavaa se
Ei muuten kukaan ole ottanut kantaa siihen millainen torjuntahävittäjänä on? Bvr ja karvapallo tarinaa vain kyllästymiseen asti

Onko muuten missään rapsoja f16vs typhoon tai rafale? Ja olihan tuossa high alphasta ja f15 taas sitä tuttua juttua.. Tuo f18-f16 meinaan kyllä lukea tuon perään varsinkin. Aika mielenkiintoista luettavaa se
Ei muuten kukaan ole ottanut kantaa siihen millainen torjuntahävittäjänä on? Bvr ja karvapallo tarinaa vain kyllästymiseen asti
Tuossa ne jo kertaalleen mainitut Tanskan skenaariot, DCA=defensive counter air:

http://nytkampfly.dk/archives/8356

Ja tässä tulokset:
fig3-4-1.JPG

Näet myös miten arvioivat Typhoonin vertautuvan nykykalustoonsa (F-16).

Tuossa näkyy aika selkeästi, miten Typhoon kehitettiin ilmaherruushävittäjäksi ja sitten alettiin lisäilemään ilmasta maahan kykyjä.

Laitetaan tämä vaikka tänne. Tutkatekniikka kehittyy myös ihan monostaattisten osalta.

Taajuus vähän päälle yleisradiolähetysten. Eli siis stealth-koneet näkyvät.

Detection accuracy:
- range 270 m
- azimuth 0.40°

Riittää ohjuslaukaisuun.

http://altimus-tech.pl/en/radar/amber-1802.html

Mielenkiintoisinta tuossa tanskalaisten selvityksessä on kuitenkin, että Typhoon on DCA:n osalta noin kolmessa pisteessä, Super Hornet kahdessa pisteessä ja F-35 noin kolmessa ja puolessa pisteessä. Ero F-35:n ja Typhoonin välillä on siis jotain puolen pisteen luokkaa, kun ero Super Hornetin ja F-35:n välillä on puolentoista pisteen luokkaa.

Ei tee hyvää Super Hornetin osakkeille Suomen kilvassa. Se on amerikkalainen, mutta siinä ne kilpailuvaltit kai sitten olivatkin? Toisaalta Typhoonin tulevaisuus on ollut epävarma, joten olisiko Rafale kuitenkin riittävän lähellä? Tällöin kisan kärjen muodostaisivat F-35 ja Rafale.

Gripen E tullee jossakin Super Hornetin ja F-16:n välissä DCA-ominaisuuksissa. :D

Jos ei pyöri, voi maalittaa vain yhtä kohdetta kerrallaan.

Ei kai? Kuvittelisin, että voi maalittaa sitä/niitä kohteita, jotka ovat kerrallaan tarkkailtavassa sektorissa. Meidän tapauksessa on asiat huonosti, jos vihollinen tulee pohjoisesta, etelästä, lännestä ja idästä samaan aikaan.

Toi on 2D VHF-kaukovalvontatutka, edes valmistajan brosyyrit ei puhu mitään maalinosoituksesta.

Jep. Se oli lanseerattu uutuutena, ja oletin, että se olisi ilman muuta 3D ja kun olin menossa nukkumaan, niin en pahemmin tarkistellut. Mutta sitten tuli yöllä vahva epäilys, että se oli sittenkin 2D. Ja niinhän se oli. :)

Siinä oli selkeästi kerrottu tarkkuudesta. Sitä harvemmin on mielestäni näkynyt.

Mutta, googlettelinpa sitten, mitä löytyy. Ja ainakin tästä löytyi myös tarkkuustiedot.

UHF-tutkiahan on sitten paljonkin maailmalla, esim. se Hawkeye. Mutta, olen yllättynyt, että VHF on myöskin noin tarkka.

«VOSTOK-3D VHF» Radar
http://www.kbradar.by/en/products/radiolokatsiya/radiolokatsionnye-stantsii/82/

Single measurement (one scan) root mean square error
- range 25m
- azimuth 50 ang.min
- elevation 0.8 deg

f26ca19b091f29e486e14323c5ba6534.jpg

UHF-tutkiahan on sitten paljonkin maailmalla, esim. se Hawkeye. Mutta, olen yllättynyt, että VHF on myöskin noin tarkka.
Tarkkuus on vain puoli tarinaa, se kertoo vain miten tarkasti järjestelmä osaa mitata signaalin korkeimman huipun suuntiman. Mutta se suunta riippuu myös järjestelmän resoluutiosta. Kerron siitä enemmän alempana.
Ei kai? Kuvittelisin, että voi maalittaa sitä/niitä kohteita, jotka ovat kerrallaan tarkkailtavassa sektorissa. Meidän tapauksessa on asiat huonosti, jos vihollinen tulee pohjoisesta, etelästä, lännestä ja idästä samaan aikaan.
Ei voi.
  1. 2D-tutka, korkeustieto puuttuu.
  2. Mekaanisesti suunnattu, ei pysty muuttamaan antennin liikesuuntaa tarpeeksi nopeasti maalin seuraamiseksi. Luultavasti koko antennipaketti kaatuisi jos sitä yritettäisiin, koska noin suuressa antennissa on valtavat liikemomentit.
  3. Meidän tapauksessamme on asiat huonosti, koska maamme on iso ja tyhjä, vihollisemme tuntee saarrostustaktiikan hyödyt ja sillä on lentokalustoa joka kykenee lentämään pitkiäkin koukkauksia. On siis todennäköistä että jossakin vihollinen tulee kaikista ilmansuunnista yhtä aikaa.
  4. Tarkkuus ei ole sama asia kuin resoluutio. Tämän resoluutio on 1100m etäisyydelle ja 6° suuntimalle.
Resoluutio on se arvo, miten kaukana toisistaan kahden erillisen kohteen täytyy olla, että järjestelmä pystyy tunnistamaan ne erillisiksi kohteiksi. Tuota lähempänä ne näyttävät yhdeltä kohteelta. 6 asteen resoluutio suuntimassa tarkoittaa, että kilometrin etäisyydellä toisistaan lentävät Sukhoit näyttävät yhdeltä kohteelta jo 10 kilometrin etäisyydellä. Hups, AMRAAM taisi mennä niiden välistä! Puhumattakaan sitten isommista osastoista tai mitä mahdollisuuksia noin leveä keila antaa tutkan häirintään...

Resoluutiota voidaan parantaa enää vain kahdella tavalla: Suurentamalla antennia tai lyhentämällä aallonpituutta. Tekniikan pystymme jo rakentamaan tarkemmaksi kuin fysiikan lait sallivat. Antennin suurentaminen enää tästä ei ole kovin käytännöllistä. Aallonpituuden lyhentäminen on sama asia kuin taajuuden nostaminen, ja korkeammilla taajuuksilla häiveteknologiat toimivat paremmin.

Vertailun vuoksi Kuun näennäinen halkaisija taivaalla on noin puoli astetta. Kuvittele että yrittäisit osua kohteeseen 12 kertaa sen kokoisella tähtäimellä, joka kertoo vain onko tähtäimen sisällä jotain vai ei, mutta ei missä kohti siellä se on. Vieläkö kuulostaa helpolta?

Tarkkuus on vain puoli tarinaa, se kertoo vain miten tarkasti järjestelmä osaa mitata signaalin korkeimman huipun suuntiman. Mutta se suunta riippuu myös järjestelmän resoluutiosta. Kerron siitä enemmän alempana.

1. Tarkkuus ei ole sama asia kuin resoluutio. Tämän resoluutio on 1100m etäisyydelle ja 6° suuntimalle.
Resoluutio on se arvo, miten kaukana toisistaan kahden erillisen kohteen täytyy olla, että järjestelmä pystyy tunnistamaan ne erillisiksi kohteiksi. Tuota lähempänä ne näyttävät yhdeltä kohteelta. 6 asteen resoluutio suuntimassa tarkoittaa, että kilometrin etäisyydellä toisistaan lentävät Sukhoit näyttävät yhdeltä kohteelta jo 10 kilometrin etäisyydellä. Hups, AMRAAM taisi mennä niiden välistä!

Jep. Pitää paikkansa. Hyvä että otit asian puheeksi, niin tulee käsiteltyä perusteellisesti.

Tuosta mm. huomataan, että VHF-tutkan erottelukyky etäisyys-suunnassa on parempi kuin sivusuunnassa, mikä on ymmärrettävää aallonpituus ja antennin fyysiset mitat huomioiden.

Tuo kuitenkin tarkoittaa sitä, että jos koneet ovat alle kilometrin päässä toisistaan, silloin niitä käsitellään yhtenä maalina. Jos taas sen yli, niin sitten ne hyvin todennäköisesti erotetaan toisistaan, vähän mittaussuunnasta riippuen. Kaksi tutkaa eri paikoissa, niin saadaan kaksi eri mittaussuuntaa, jolloin tarkkuus paranee.

En luottaisi siihen, että jos kaksi konetta ovat kilometrin päässä toisistaan, että Amraam menisi vain siitä välistä saamatta kumpaakaan piikille. Amraamin taktinen toiminta perustuu siihen, että se osaa itse hakea maalin, ilman että sitä tarvitsee saattaa loppuun asti.

Back