Toinen maailmansota, yleinen keskustelu

Tästähän oli oma varianttinsa TV-sarjassa Generation Kill, eli upseeri tilasi kohteeseen ilmaiskun, vaikka alaisten mukaan tarvetta iskuun ei ollut, koska sotilaallista toimintaa kohteessa ei havaittu. Motiiviksi sitten epäiltiin sitä, että jos tilasi iskun riittävän lähelle itseään, sai automaattisesti kunniamerkin. Tiedä sitten, pitääkö paikkansa.
Ja fire mission ei edennyt koska ko. kapteeni käytti vääriä koodeja/koordinaatteja. Eli vaikka olis danger close tulta tarvittu, sitä ei olisi tullut.

Osa porukasta syyllistyi sotarikoksiin. Ja sodan jälkeen hengissä selvinneet olivat ilmiselviä maanpettureita hollantilaisten silmissä.
Näin. Ainoa vahinko on, että ilmeisesti monet noista p****sta selvisivät ilman kaulan venytystä.

Oikeat Hollantilaiset itse kyllä osoittivat mielensä tappamalla värvääjien päämiehen kenraali Seyffardtin sodan aikana.

Myytti puhtoisesta Chuchillista - totuus rauhankyyhky Hitleristä. Miten tällaista voidaan päästää jo Wikipediaankin? Seuraavaksi ne kertoo että Churchill sai sakemannit aloittamaan Blitzin hyökkäämällä toistuvasti saksalaisia siviilikohteita vastaan. Loppui se peace mongering!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain#Negotiated_peace_or_neutrality

Hitler's 1923 Mein Kampf mostly set out his hatreds: he only admired ordinary German World War I soldiers and Britain, which he saw as an ally against communism. In 1935 Hermann Göring welcomed news that Britain as a potential ally was rearming. In 1936 he promised assistance to defend the British Empire, asking only a free hand in Eastern Europe, and repeated this to Lord Halifax in 1937. That year, von Ribbentrop met Churchill with a similar proposal; when rebuffed, he told Churchill that interference with German domination would mean war. To Hitler's great annoyance, all his diplomacy failed to stop Britain from declaring war when he invaded Poland. During the fall of France, he repeatedly discussed peace efforts with his generals.[43]

When Churchill came to power, there was still wide support for Halifax, who as Foreign Secretary openly argued for peace negotiations in the tradition of British diplomacy, to secure British independence without war. On 20 May, Halifax secretly requested a Swedish businessman to make contact with Göring to open negotiations. Shortly afterwards, in the May 1940 War Cabinet Crisis, Halifax argued for negotiations involving the Italians, but this was rejected by Churchill with majority support. An approach made through the Swedish ambassador on 22 June was reported to Hitler, making peace negotiations seem feasible. Throughout July, as the battle started, the Germans made wider attempts to find a diplomatic solution.[60] On 2 July, the day the armed forces were asked to start preliminary planning for an invasion, Hitler got von Ribbentrop to draft a speech offering peace negotiations. On 19 July Hitler made this speech to the German Parliament in Berlin, appealing "to reason and common sense", and said he could "see no reason why this war should go on".[61] His sombre conclusion was received in silence, but he did not suggest negotiations and this was effectively an ultimatum which was rejected by the British government.[62][63] Halifax kept trying to arrange peace until he was sent to Washington in December as ambassador,[64] and in January 1941 Hitler expressed continued interest in negotiating peace with Britain.[65]
----

Onneksi Churchill piti päänsä kylmänä kunnes tuo peace craze blew over.

Päätalon kirjassa tuli esille juttu suomalaisista naisista jotka seurustelivat saksalaisten kanssa. Osa naisista seurasi poikakavereitaan Lapin sodan läpi. Kirjassa mainittiin naisia heitetyn Jäämereen evakoinnin yhteydessä. Muistaakseni asia on tullut esille foorumilla. Tarua vai totta?

Päätalon kirjassa tuli esille juttu suomalaisista naisista jotka seurustelivat saksalaisten kanssa. Osa naisista seurasi poikakavereitaan Lapin sodan läpi. Kirjassa mainittiin naisia heitetyn Jäämereen evakoinnin yhteydessä. Muistaakseni asia on tullut esille foorumilla. Tarua vai totta?
Kyllä sellaista aikoinaan huhuttiin. Faktatietoa taitaa olla vain se, että osa naisista tosiaan meni Saksaan asti, mereen heitto saattaa olla vain vihapuheen lietsomista. Faktaa on myös, että Lapissa syntyi paljon saksalaisten isien lapsia, jotka saivat ikänsä kärsiä häpeää, mihin eivät todellakaan olleet syyllisiä. Faktaa on sekin, että jotkut saksalaiset, tai itävaltalaiset, palasivat sodan jälkeen Lappiin vaimojensa ja lapsiensa luokse. Se on romantiikkaa parhaimmillaan, nyyh!

Samaa ollaan väitetty Turun edustalla tehdyn. Mitään näyttöä kuitenkaan sellaisesta ei ole. Lienee kommarien propagandaa.

Myytti puhtoisesta Chuchillista - totuus rauhankyyhky Hitleristä. Miten tällaista voidaan päästää jo Wikipediaankin? Seuraavaksi ne kertoo että Churchill sai sakemannit aloittamaan Blitzin hyökkäämällä toistuvasti saksalaisia siviilikohteita vastaan. Loppui se peace mongering!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain#Negotiated_peace_or_neutrality

Hitler's 1923 Mein Kampf mostly set out his hatreds: he only admired ordinary German World War I soldiers and Britain, which he saw as an ally against communism. In 1935 Hermann Göring welcomed news that Britain as a potential ally was rearming. In 1936 he promised assistance to defend the British Empire, asking only a free hand in Eastern Europe, and repeated this to Lord Halifax in 1937. That year, von Ribbentrop met Churchill with a similar proposal; when rebuffed, he told Churchill that interference with German domination would mean war. To Hitler's great annoyance, all his diplomacy failed to stop Britain from declaring war when he invaded Poland. During the fall of France, he repeatedly discussed peace efforts with his generals.[43]

When Churchill came to power, there was still wide support for Halifax, who as Foreign Secretary openly argued for peace negotiations in the tradition of British diplomacy, to secure British independence without war. On 20 May, Halifax secretly requested a Swedish businessman to make contact with Göring to open negotiations. Shortly afterwards, in the May 1940 War Cabinet Crisis, Halifax argued for negotiations involving the Italians, but this was rejected by Churchill with majority support. An approach made through the Swedish ambassador on 22 June was reported to Hitler, making peace negotiations seem feasible. Throughout July, as the battle started, the Germans made wider attempts to find a diplomatic solution.[60] On 2 July, the day the armed forces were asked to start preliminary planning for an invasion, Hitler got von Ribbentrop to draft a speech offering peace negotiations. On 19 July Hitler made this speech to the German Parliament in Berlin, appealing "to reason and common sense", and said he could "see no reason why this war should go on".[61] His sombre conclusion was received in silence, but he did not suggest negotiations and this was effectively an ultimatum which was rejected by the British government.[62][63] Halifax kept trying to arrange peace until he was sent to Washington in December as ambassador,[64] and in January 1941 Hitler expressed continued interest in negotiating peace with Britain.[65]
----

Onneksi Churchill piti päänsä kylmänä kunnes tuo peace craze blew over.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/policy/1940/1940-07-19b.html

My Last Appeal to Great Britain

A GREAT EMPIRE WILL BE DESTROYED

By ADOLF HITLER, Chancellor of Germany

Speech made to the Reichstag, July 19, 1940

...​
On Oct. 6, 1939, at this very place, I addressed the German nation for the second time during this war. I was able to inform them of our glorious military victory over the Polish State. At the same time I appealed to these men and to the nations themselves.

I warned them not to continue this war, the consequences of which could only be devastating. I particularly warned the French against embarking on a war that would forcibly eat its way across the frontier and, irrespective of its outcome, would have appalling consequences.

At the same time I addressed art appeal to the rest of the world, although I feared, as I expressly stated, that my words would not be heard, that it would more than ever arouse the fury of the warmongers. Everything happened as I predicted. Responsible elements in France resented my appeal as a dangerous attack on their war profits.

Tuo on se vanha huhu. Minusta se kumottiin muutama vuosi sitten tutkimuksessa saksalaisten mukaan lähteneistä naisista. Myös se Jussi Talven "Ystäviä ja vihollisia" -teoksessa mainittu Rovaniemellä ristiinnaulittu suomalaisnainen, jolta oli purtu nännit irti, taitaa olla legendaa.

Back